Take Me To the Mardi Gras Soulstrut Beatoff ***BEATS NOW POSTED PG. 10!!!!!

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Beats due in 3 days and 5 have been submitted. You slackeurs need to get on the stick! If your beat is done, please submit it. Thanks and good luck!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    And they're not on the Soundcloud anymore?

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    I have a vague idea for a beat done but i'm still waiting for my new soundcard port to arrive.. then have to upgrade protools. I don't think I'm going to make it....
    :weaksauce:

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Beats due in 3 days and 5 have been submitted. You slackeurs need to get on the stick! If your beat is done, please submit it. Thanks and good luck!

shitz, completely spaced out on this. don't know if i'm gonna make it either...

cove said:
    And they're not on the Soundcloud anymore?
    They're there, I think surprises are good.

• soupsoup 69 Posts
    I'm not that interested in who wins but rather how different everyone's beats are going to be so I hope more folks participate even if they just knock something out quick. It's what I did and I had hella fun. The limitations were really freeing, usually I get bogged down in the tyranny of choice and never finish much. It's probably my impending midlife crisis talking but this was refreshing.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    my curiosity got the best of me and a went to listen/check out the tracks and they must be blocked or sumthin now (which is best the more i think of it), still fighting this bassline, but i'll be uploading tomorrow...

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    I'm declaring myself out, my 2 bar loop I've managed to come up with is weaksauce.

Whoever just posted a track 5 hrs ago, please PM Me so I can keep track. Please make sure after posting to PM me who you are and your track title. Thanks!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I won't have time, I'm out too but I'll def do a version :p

• A one week extension?

• I mean, it's not going to be exciting with just a few beats, so what's one more week? It'd work out better for my schedule.

Controller_7 said:
    I mean, it's not going to be exciting with just a few beats, so what's one more week? It'd work out better for my schedule.
    OK, but I thought a month was fairly sufficient. August 18, 11:59 PM PST.

• Totally agree, but if it means we've only got a few beats and people bowing out, then maybe well get a few extras with this week. I'm still going to try to finish tomorrow. Most likely this extra week will just give people another excuse to put it off, but at least in a week we'll know that that's te best were going to get in terms of participation.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    The extension gives me some relief... At the moment I'm working on it and the bassline causes me quit a headache. Filtering the bassline doesn't work for me. I wonder how you guys solve this problem.

ah dang...i rushed the shit outta my bassline, but i am happy with what i have, glad to be done....all the drop-outs were giving me hope, lol

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    That's great, cheers.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Extension?

[edit] ok great! [/edit]

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Controller_7 said:
    I mean, it's not going to be exciting with just a few beats, so what's one more week? It'd work out better for my schedule.
    OK, but I thought a month was fairly sufficient. August 18, 11:59 PM PST.

I'd like to take a moment to give sincere props to The_Non.

He came up with the battle idea.

He created the needed soundcloud account for it.

He put up with all our fucking ridiculous requests (including but not limited to me request for the beats to be anon, etc.)

He patiently reminded us about the dates and particulars of the rules.

He even extended the deadline when asked.

Thanks man....you're the shit and I hope you have a good weekend.

Thanks mayne! I didn't create the soundcloud, but I've been managing it. Props to Okem too.
    BTW, if that's your dog in your avatar, s/he looks like they're groovin on life.

• Yeah, neat idea Mr Non. And for thanks for taking the lead on it.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    we need a prize for the winner

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    You mean the respect and adoration of the 'Strut isn't enough???

BAN

• I would like to be apart of this also. Thank You.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Thanks mayne! I didn't create the soundcloud, but I've been managing it. Props to Okem too.

Pros to Okem, indeed.

The_Non said:
    BTW, if that's your dog in your avatar, s/he looks like they're groovin on life.
    Yup...that's my dawg. Kona. She's chilling on the banks of the Congaree in that pic. She's about 1 second away from letting out a massive howl. She gets like that when we take her camping.

tbh, i dont care so much about a prize...just having the opportunity to join in, is all i care about. i know dudes have done shit like this before, but its the first time i have taken one track and flipped it into sumthin without using other sources or samples, i have had the idea before, but never followed through on it. the fact that some of the people involved have done production on some albums in my collection is a bit intimidating but at the end of the day...dont care about 1st, 2nd or 3rd i just hope to hear some really sick beats.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    very glad to hear about the deadline!

Ray Rats said:
    I would like to be apart of this also. Thank You.
    OK. Please intro yourself to the board if you could.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'm still in. I was going to make the original deadline too, but the extension is fine by me.

• The_Non said:
    Ray Rats said:
    I would like to be apart of this also. Thank You.
    OK. Please intro yourself to the board if you could.

Could I do that here or do I have to create a new thread? I think that that would give me a little stage fright!