Take Me To the Mardi Gras Soulstrut Beatoff ***BEATS NOW POSTED PG. 10!!!!!

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i'm widdit.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yah!
    So fuckit, since Thes is posting the bell-less,
    1) you gotta get any extra drumbreakbeatraer from there.
    2) All submissions due August 11th 11:59 pm PST.
    3) Take Me to the Mardi Gras is your palette, mpc (or whatever you use) your canvas, Soulstrut legend your goal!
    4) Poll of the site to determine the winner
    5) I will email the people who are in at the end of July as a reminder about Aug 11th
    6) People who come in late gotta deal with the same deadline
    GOOD LUCK FOOS & DON'T SLACK/FLAKE! I'm excited!

Peace
    T.N.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

This is going to be a lot of fun.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    To make this more exciting, I gated the tape drums to clean them up a bit for you all.

So, so far who is in is:

Controller_7
    BeatChemist
    Spacecho
    the_dL
    FortyFivan
    bobtheorange
    djwaxon
    Dawhud
    TheKindCromang
    JATX
    Dante
    Thes
    cookbook
    Ulysses31nicholas
    dj_cityboy
    Possum Tom
    StoneHands
    Meep
    bennyboy
    Big_Stacks
    z_illa
    *Dep-TDB (please intro yourself!)
    EkiM
    JectWon
    finelikewine
    doom

Maybes:
    Okem
    Duderonomy

Pile on Timmy-come-latelys! I think it'd be great to get as many beatoff competitors on this as we can (That's what she said?) Anyhoo, yah!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I think this is a genuinely great idea and look forward to hearing what everyone comes up with.

• StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
    Im in

• Dep-TDBDep-TDB 10 Posts
    I'm in

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    Dep-TDB said:
    I'm in

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Meep said:
    Dep-TDB said:
    I'm in

I think.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Why not.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The_Non said:
    Yah!
    So fuckit, since Thes is posting the bell-less,
    1) you gotta get any extra drumbreakbeatraer from there.
    2) All submissions due August 11th 11:59 pm PST.
    3) Take Me to the Mardi Gras is your palette, mpc (or whatever you use) your canvas, Soulstrut legend your goal!
    4) Poll of the site to determine the winner
    5) I will email the people who are in at the end of July as a reminder about Aug 11th
    6) People who come in late gotta deal with the same deadline
    GOOD LUCK FOOS & DON'T SLACK/FLAKE! I'm excited!

Peace
    T.N.

Hey Non (and everyone),

I'm in!!! I'll dust off the old ASR-10, go to the breaks section of the collection for "Two," and cook up a joint from "Take Me to the Mardi Gras." I'm excited to work with it as, oddly enough, I have never sampled from "Two." Good luck everyone!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm almost more excited to hear the results than participate! This should really be a lot of fun.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

Been looking for something to inspire me. In.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    YO thumbs upwards for the strut, great challenge, great idea for a competition, really looking forward to hearing what heads can squeeze out of this most talked about track ever haha, and great to get an excuse for paying the record a revisit also!!

• EkiMEkiM 40 Posts
    great ! I'm in !

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    damn! my name is on a list....i wasnt sure if i was going to take part or not but i started workin on sumthin a few nights ago just for shits and giggles and i like the way its going thus far, so um all in!

can lyrics be added as well? i havent started writting yet, but was possibly thinking of dropping some verses on this? not a 100% sure at this point...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    helllz yes! very brave of you i might add
    i dont make beats, but im eagerly anticipating this
    i'll try to recruit contributors

• StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:

can lyrics be added as well? i havent started writting yet, but was possibly thinking of dropping some verses on this? not a 100% sure at this point...

I think its best to keep it beat-only, it makes the contest least messy. just my opinion

^^ true enough and a valid point....i wont bother with lyrics

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    This is gonna be epic. As my handle implies I only make beats in my sleep these days, and the callibre of mofo's participating is intimidating, but I'm really curious to see what you guys come up with. At the end of it you you could do a beatoffmash-up and end up with and hour of uninterrupted Mardis Gras.

B/W DON'T FORGET THE BELLS!!!!!!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Thou shalt participate in the communal SoulStrut beatoff or thou shalt be forever dubbed 'soft as baby thighs'....

I'm in.

Can we get a schedule at some point....like when to submit/when the due date is/etc....

EDIT: This might be a really stupid idea...and if it over complicates this thing, feel free to tell me to shut the fuck up.

What would y'all think about having the beats submitted to a neutral party (Raj?) and have the beats posted to the site anonymously? Could be kinda cool to have absolutely NO idea whose beat we are listening to.

If it's too difficult, no worries....just a thought.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I really like the anonymous aspect.
    Beat #1 through Beat #15 or whatever.... and people choose their first 3. Different ranks get diff points, ya add them up.

JectWon said:

Can we get a schedule at some point....like when to submit/when the due date is/etc....

It's on a prior page in bold (AND ABOVE), but to reiterate:

AUGUST 11TH, 2012 11:59 PST
    I will remind you motherbatches at the END OF JULY about finishing your hot bellz trax
    Samples only from TMTTMG

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    cove said:
    Beat #1 through Beat #15 or whatever.... and people choose their first 3. Different ranks get diff points, ya add them up.

I'll have a try as well, I'm in.

JectWon said:
    beats posted to the site anonymously? Could be kinda cool to have absolutely NO idea whose beat we are listening to.

this is a dope idea! and a fair way of picking the dopest beat...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    cove said:

agree needs to be anonymous

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Anonymous could be cool. Would
    Make the reveal pretty cool too.

Love the anonymous idea!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Can anyone provide me a high quality lossless rip of mardi grass, please? I really want to participate but I just found out that in my cover of "two" is the wrong record for some reason. I can't be arsed to go through my whole collection to find the record.