NBA '11-12 666

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    tripledouble said:
    whyd they take him out the game when he was burying threes?

No idea. I guess his old ass is too slow to defend in transition when OKC turned shit up.

Exactly...in a half court game the dude is dangerous but there is no way he can run with the young Thunder.

Only chance the Heat has is if they can turn it into a half court slowed down game....don't think that's gonna happen.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I would really like to see Nick Collison.

Well, you saw him last night! Dude had timely offensive rebounds and finishes. The type of player you hate on the opposing team cuz he busts his ass.

• What's going on with Wade? He seems so slow compared to what he used to be like. Are his knees just burned out?

If he gets going the Heat have a shot. If not.... Westbrook has a couple of years left in those knees.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    Miami will counter.

Miami cant really run with these kids. They need to slow shit up and make Westbrook a playmaker.

I would really like to see Nick Collison. Dude is like the West Coast Jeff Foster. Great Lunchpail glue player.

The first statement above was pretty much my scouting report before the series began. I think Miami should run a half-court trap on Westbrook to make him pick up the ball as he crosses the line. As you said, Batmon, if I were Erik Spoelstra, I'd want to force Westbrook to have to make a play out of the trap. My prediction is that at maximum, he will turn the ball over, at minimum, the trap shaves some time of the shot-clock forcing OKC to rush shots. Also, Miami should seek to limit the '"others'" scoring opportunities ala the mid-80's Celtics against the Bulls. Like the Celtics did with Jordan, the Heat have to recognize that Durant will get his points, so they should focus on stopping everyone else. Barring the above potential adjustments, the Heat can't see the Thunder.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    Miami will counter.

Miami cant really run with these kids. They need to slow shit up and make Westbrook a playmaker.

I would really like to see Nick Collison. Dude is like the West Coast Jeff Foster. Great Lunchpail glue player.

The first statement above was pretty much my scouting report before the series began. I think Miami should run a half-court trap on Westbrook to make him pick up the ball as he crosses the line. As you said, Batmon, if I were Erik Spoelstra, I'd want to force Westbrook to have to make a play out of the trap. My prediction is that at maximum, he will turn the ball over, at minimum, the trap shaves some time of the shot-clock forcing OKC to rush shots. Also, Miami should seek to limit the '"others'" scoring opportunities ala the mid-80's Celtics against the Bulls. Like the Celtics did with Jordan, the Heat have to recognize that Durant will get his points, so they should focus on stopping everyone else. Barring the above potential adjustments, the Heat can't see the Thunder.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I agree. Let Durant go crazy and shut down Harden and them.

yuichi said:
    I would really like to see Nick Collison.

Well, you saw him last night! Dude had timely offensive rebounds and finishes. The type of player you hate on the opposing team cuz he busts his ass.

Ooops ...i meant to say Nick get a ring. He's been doin that shit since Seattle.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Great Lunchpail glue player.

This is exactly what Miami is lacking although I'm sure KVH will counter with the benefits of getting 12 minutes out of Joel Anthony and Mike Miller.

I have a house plant that can out coach Spoelstra.

Thunder in 6

HA - OKC Is better because of Collison? No. They are two evenly matched teams - the 2 best in the NBA (arguably). Whoever wins best out of 7 will do so partly out of luck. Sorry, but that's what makes this an entertaining series.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Spurs > Heat.

The Thunder are taking this series in 5 or less.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Spurs > Heat.

The Thunder are taking this series in 5 or less.

Reading quotes in the paper from James and Wade, it seems like they've already conceded defeat.

keithvanhorn said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    Great Lunchpail glue player.

This is exactly what Miami is lacking although I'm sure KVH will counter with the benefits of getting 12 minutes out of Joel Anthony and Mike Miller.

I have a house plant that can out coach Spoelstra.

Thunder in 6

HA - OKC Is better because of Collison? No. They are two evenly matched teams - the 2 best in the NBA (arguably). Whoever wins best out of 7 will do so partly out of luck. Sorry, but that's what makes this an entertaining series.

Not Collison per se but much better overall role players....every team that wins every game in every sport does so partly by luck......what a concept.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    OptimusLime said:
    What's going on with Wade? He seems so slow compared to what he used to be like. Are his knees just burned out?

Also, has Wade always been kinda bitchy and I just never noticed, or is that a more recent development?

DJ_Enki said:
    OptimusLime said:
    What's going on with Wade? He seems so slow compared to what he used to be like. Are his knees just burned out?

Also, has Wade always been kinda bitchy and I just never noticed, or is that a more recent development?

Wade is fine. He was crazy against Indiana. He's been getting off to slow starts. But he has the luxury to not hog the ball early.

It wasnt too long ago they had the ball in his hands for the whole damn game. He should be fine.

Its hard to make definitive conclusions after one game.

Rockadelic said:

Not Collison per se but much better overall role players....every team that wins every game in every sport does so partly by luck......what a concept.

No , that's just not correct. -The Heat or OKC would beat the Bobcats in a 7 game series every time. Luck is a major factor in this series because the teams are so evenly matched. My point is that people are wrong to think that any factor is the reason why the heat or okc takes the series. Way too much over analyzing with these teams.

They aren't evenly matched imo.

Thunder have a big 3 just as good as the Heat's, plus better suited role players, and a deeper bench, and a better coach...and momentum.

HarveyCanal said:
    They aren't evenly matched imo.

Thunder have a big 3 just as good as the Heat's, plus better suited role players, and a deeper bench, and a better coach...and momentum.

And chemsitry

But if the Heat win...it will be luck.

keithvanhorn said:
    Rockadelic said:

No , that's just not correct. -The Heat or OKC would beat the Bobcats in a 7 game series every time. Luck is a major factor in this series because the teams are so evenly matched. My point is that people are wrong to think that any factor is the reason why the heat or okc takes the series. Way too much over analyzing with these teams.

Who did you pick in last years Finals....uh huh....that's what I thought.

Rockadelic said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    Rockadelic said:

I was glad Dallas won and will be happy to see OKC win. Miami is still very good though and capable of taking the series...that shouldn't be up for debate but you guys must know something i don't.

keithvanhorn said:
    Rockadelic said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    Rockadelic said:

I was glad Dallas won and will be happy to see OKC win. Miami is still very good though and capable of taking the series...that shouldn't be up for debate but you guys must know something i don't.

Did you pick Dallas to win last year? If so my memory failed me and I apologize.

I didn't care about that series but I picked OKC to beat Dallas last year and that's when we had a heated debate about athleticism v. experience. I chose athleticism then and I will do so again this year. OKC has more of it than Miami. Dallas was the exception to the norm last year, like the Spurs and Celts this year - a dying bread.

LeBron was Clutch.

batmon said:
    LeBron was Clutch.

1 or 2 on the planet.

Wade digging deep/ Enter Bosh = Takes pressure off Bron

Urkul look in full effect

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    batmon said:
    LeBron was Clutch.
    It'll be forgotten.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Seems like every second time-out or dead ball, someone on the heat team is arguing with or screaming at Chalmers. Not just this game either...

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    no foul on durant that last play? does getting raked on the leg count?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    calls were going Miami's way all game.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    thas what im saying. what happened to home court refs? despite miami "evening" the series, they obviously got a big leg up by taking home court advantage.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    They did a breakdown of that last play on ESPN and the ref was behind Durant so didn't see Lebron's arm coming down across him

Yes, Lebron's bank shot was extremely clutch. Then his 2 fouls on Durant and then the foul on whoever that was who was trying to put the miss back were also clutch. Or maybe it was the referee who was clutch in that instance. Thank you, David Stern, for wasting 2 hours of my time on that rubbish.

HarveyCanal said:
    Yes, Lebron's bank shot was extremely clutch. Then his 2 fouls on Durant and then the foul on whoever that was who was trying to put the miss back were also clutch. Or maybe it was the referee who was clutch in that instance. Thank you, David Stern, for wasting 2 hours of my time on that rubbish.

If that foul would have been called, Miami fans would scream home cooking. And even if the call was made, they still would have probably lost. There are 99 reasons that OKC lost and the refs ain't one.