So wait... There really are female record collectors who blog in bikini's?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    is it dukeofdelridge?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    soulmarcosa said:
    I don't know her personally, but this chick lives in LA and is genuinely into what she blogs about. I hollered at her on dating site nerve.com about 3 years ago because her profile was all about record-digging and oldschool hiphop, she seemed pretty cool. I got turned down because (among other reasons, I'm sure) I said I wasn't all that into Nas and she said that was a dealbreaker. Her reply email was actually pretty witty. I forgot about her entirely until about 2 months ago when I saw her shopping at Beat Swap Meet in Chinatown, and now this thread. Kinda surprised no LA heads know her. Oh wait, just saw PatrickCrazy's post, never mind.

Ok so then she's not a transvestite like I thought. My bad. But the whole thing is so weird and so specifically targeted at dudes it all reads like a want ad with the narcissism turned up to 11 and the whole male fantasy stereotype being so transparently played to.. Why can't the blog be about the records then, why do the bikini pics have to come with it? Not that Im mad at bikini pics but fall back- It's too targeted for my tastes, I think I'm just old and old fashioned but she needs to chill. I can't go for that attention seeking shit and making record talk turn into a thing.

B/W

Patrick Crazy, make her :hayek: appear or you're soft.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    She blogs using Blogger, and if she's logged in during the past 48 hours, she will have seen a spike in views from the source soulstrut.com.

Even if she didn't before, she knows the Strut exists by way of simple Google Analytics. If you're literate and keep a blog running for years, you know pretty well what your demographic is, what your usual stats are and what other sites put up similar content. She knows we're here. Question is, how creeped out is she? I mean, toenails, tranny comments and compliments on her hips? She's putting herself out there, but when it comes to the elbows, siht hits sorority rush scrutiny levels.

Hello, heightfiveseven! I apologize for the toenail comments, but I do have that same shade of pink polish. Essie had some breast cancer awareness thing going on, and I couldn't turn it down.

Double.

Triple.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yuichi said:
    BOOKMARKING IT WHEN I GO HOME.

On closer inspection once I got home, I realized there's plenty of 40 year olds that look like her in LA. And like how many others stated, needs to curb that enthusiasm in her writing...

Unkle saw their drum break opportunity with this record and pounced on it. Smart move. But Black Milk - Zappa fan and person who puts DRUMS on his tax return under Occupation - could kill this record, just stab it and leave it for dead on the side of the highway. I'm thrilled to have found apostrophe, but a Zappa-Black Milk meetup in my brain will always take a dark turn as long as the ???Zap??? break continues to remain elusive. It tortures me. At the swap meet I passed by House Shoes, a man who would definitely know what that break source is, but I was too shy to say anything even though he and I have a mutual love of Dennis Coffey. I am shaky and large-eyed and nervous, like a Chihuahua. Alcohol doesn't work very well for me as a social lubricant so a drink would not have helped. I relax on half a Valium and THIS playing when I stroll around:

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Something is off. But I won't say anything because then she will salma Hayek and I'll just wind up feeling like a dick.

Gary said:
    Something is off. But I won't say anything because then she will salma Hayek and I'll just wind up feeling like a dick.

My sentiments exactly. But you've already said too much. lol

Reminds me of this girl from college that started naming off independent hip-hop labels that she was into at the time...."STONES THROW! QUANNAM! I'm into all THAT SHIT!!"

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Almond said:
    She blogs using Blogger, and if she's logged in during the past 48 hours, she will have seen a spike in views from the source soulstrut.com.

Even if she didn't before, she knows the Strut exists by way of simple Google Analytics. If you're literate and keep a blog running for years, you know pretty well what your demographic is, what your usual stats are and what other sites put up similar content. She knows we're here. Question is, how creeped out is she? I mean, toenails, tranny comments and compliments on her hips? She's putting herself out there, but when it comes to the elbows, siht hits sorority rush scrutiny levels.

Hello, heightfiveseven! I apologize for the toenail comments, but I do have that same shade of pink polish. Essie had some breast cancer awareness thing going on, and I couldn't turn it down.

The gal blogs about records while half-naked. Don't think she's be freaked out that some dorky record dudes are talking about her. In fact, Soul Strut is her intended audience.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    soulmarcosa said:
    I don't know her personally, but this chick lives in LA and is genuinely into what she blogs about. I hollered at her on dating site nerve.com about 3 years ago because her profile was all about record-digging and oldschool hiphop, she seemed pretty cool. I got turned down because (among other reasons, I'm sure) I said I wasn't all that into Nas and she said that was a dealbreaker. Her reply email was actually pretty witty. I forgot about her entirely until about 2 months ago when I saw her shopping at Beat Swap Meet in Chinatown, and now this thread. Kinda surprised no LA heads know her. Oh wait, just saw PatrickCrazy's post, never mind.

Great story. Have to respect a woman with principles.

Man, GAME got nothing on her name-dropping!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    which is a bigger turnoff: guys talking bout elbows or girls throwing shade about toes?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Her toes are pretty terrible, though.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    Her toes are pretty terrible, though.

That's because feet are fuckin' disgusting.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Has she got any teeth?

This could be a dealbreaker for me.

J i m s t e r said:
    Has she got any teeth?

This could be a dealbreaker for me.

I'll be looking fucking crazy laughing at this all day at the most inopportune times.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Jimster has been the board's most consistent maker of mirth for a long minute

b/w

I'm calling DOR out for flagrant apostrophe abuse.

skel said:
    Jimster has been the board's most consistent maker of mirth for a long minute

b/w

Yes and Yes.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:
    Jimster has been the board's most consistent maker of mirth for a long minute.

Seriously. Anyone not checking out his contributions to the Independent People's Republic of TTSTTB.COM thread is on the losing end like Michael McDonald. Surely the man should consider ways and means of monetizing The Funny with a view to it providing a supplementary income stream.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    skel said:
    Jimster has been the board's most consistent maker of mirth for a long minute.

Seriously. Anyone not checking out his contributions to the Independent People's Republic of TTSTTB.COM thread is on the losing end like Michael McDonald. Surely the man should consider ways and means of monetizing The Funny with a view to it providing a supplementary income stream.

Sometimes I actually think I am being paid for doing not much more than poasting here. I have a pretend job. They pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    this chicks style of writing is head-ache inducing.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dead that.

Girly's not real, and if she is she's a dude, and in any case no-one is feeling his/her toenail game.

We've turned it into a Jimster appreciation thread.

YMD

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    skel said:

b/w

You don't think it will hurt my chances of getting into Internet University do you?

In my defense, I did just return from the pub and post around 3am.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:

We've turned it into a Jimster appreciation thread.

Top producer.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    the hip size compared to the waist size is what ruins it all for me, she looks totally disproportionate like when you see mad skinny chicks with huge implants, almost as if she is disformed in some way, i just cant find anything about her i find slightly attractive, the overlined lipstick is also a killer....

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    the hip size compared to the waist size is what ruins it all for me, she looks totally disproportionate like when you see mad skinny chicks with huge implants, almost as if she is disformed in some way, i just cant find anything about her i find slightly attractive, the overlined lipstick is also a killer....

dj_cityboy said:
    *sent from my moms basement

On closer inspection once I got home, I realized there's plenty of 40 year olds that look like her in LA. And like how many others stated, needs to curb that enthusiasm in her writing...

Huh? Why? She needs to chill out on how much she loves music and how thrilled she is about meeting the people who make the music she loves? It may not be how I do - so she's a stan...can she live?

I won't take it back, but I am beginning to feel bad for contributing to the shred-fest. Are the comments on her age supposed to be jabs? She doesn't really look too much past 30 to me, if at all. And not that it's a great yardstick, but her music taste kinda says otherwise, too.

Look! A mythical creature! An attractive gal with a nice body - that she is comfortable in - who loves music, considers it a big part of her life and can discuss it with humour and knowledge.

Get her!!!!!