So wait... There really are female record collectors who blog in bikini's?

Comments

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Lamont said:
    she's had surgery done

Wish her well and tell her the Soulstrut possee awaits her when she's better.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Now I'm starting to get angry.
    Surely she's seen this poast. Definitely has the time to Salmeander over here and drop a goddamn note to the strut. EXTABLISHED 1999!
    Dammit.
    Sayer cover in a bikini.
    Call everyone desperate nerds.
    Something!
    This is bullshit.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Now I'm starting to get angry.
    Surely she's seen this poast. Definitely has the time to Salmeander over here and drop a goddamn note to the strut. EXTABLISHED 1999!
    Dammit.
    Sayer cover in a bikini.
    Call everyone desperate nerds.
    Something!
    This is bullshit.

Cosign.

• maybe she is creeped out, just like i am.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    She has to answer the thriller/off the wall question. In a bikini. And ofcourse drop knowledge in the heels thread.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    speakmumbles said:
    maybe she is creeped out, just like i am.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dudes, take that shit to mumsnet.com

This is soulstrut.

lol the fake humble One Sensitive Guy Who Gets It Gambit is alive and well on the MSGBRDZ!
    comeon dudes stop with the manufactured outrage srsly

If you cannot get over your whatever the fuck paternal queasiness--poor wittle girl lost--izzat what this is?--then imagine she's a dude (well, some of you already have) who poses in beckham pro-model H&M boxerbriefs with this shit--join in and commence the goddamn clonning

the fuck is wrong with you people? THIS IS THE INTERNET

DAMMIT

this is the place that gave Ulililiaiaiaia a graemlin, yes? Show some consistency!

POINT B: bike- and brittmanchat reaches its peak with the dude, but no thanks to Jimster for the questionable teeth observation. Don't ruin this space goddess for me. You keep that to yourselv blid thanks

Her input is required. Ayo.
    She's got late-90s messageboard oversharer mega opus superdense ramblestyle in her writings. Poses in string bikini, but don't blow the spot because she's got a government job, okay? What? She's a self-proclaimed nerd with the predictable Doom and Madlib worship, but makes sure to pepper in references to Daytons and Snoop. Shit's great.
    It's on some evolved-on-her-own-in-isolation Galapagos shit.
    How's she gonna not come here?

And really: does she have teeth behind those lips?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The_Non said:
    She's just not that into you

The_Non said:
    The_Non said:
    She's just not that into you

Quite probably.
    But I'm not going to believe it until I hear it come from Lana Del Raer herself.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    speakmumbles said:
    maybe she is creeped out, just like i am.

Man says you reap what you sow, innit blud?

Attractive girl poasts pix of herself wearning not much, on the interwebs. Go fishing with that much bait, you going to get the Jaws-type visitations eventually. Her Quint/Brady game must be mad strong.

She's going to be creeped out by the Soulstrut responses?

"Throw the little ones back."

• i don't really understand your english, but all i can say is that the responses to a girl that is attractive and also into records is quite funny. why would anyone pop up to respond in a thread where they have been made fun of for their appearance? just because she is into records and looks good doesn't mean she owes soulstrut jack shit. i've seen the same line of thinking here that the dudes at clubs grabbing asses cause a girl dresses sexy have. good job champs.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    This thread went from

"Wow theres a chick blogging about dollar bins in her bikini ! - I wonder if shes real"

to

"Lets get her to come on here - post on her blog - GOD DAMN IT why isnt she on here yet"

to dudes arguing about their right to be sexist because its the internet

"Lana del Raer better be able to deal with blatant sexism if she even decides to come on here"
    "She wont because you guys ruined it already!"

Fucking awesome.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Lana Del Raer

Was it worth all the e-pigtail-pulling to get to this? It's a "yes" from me.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    co-signatory

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    Lana Del Raer

Was it worth all the e-pigtail-pulling to get to this? It's a "yes" from me.

hey it's good but it hasn't got her here yet so fuckit

staxwax said:
    This thread went from

"Wow theres a chick blogging about dollar bins in her bikini ! - I wonder if shes real"

to

"Lets get her to come on here - post on her blog - GOD DAMN IT why isnt she on here yet"

Hey! Pretty sure that second one is me!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This thread is one of the worst looks ever.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    How so? This thread is totally in line with past threads about women, women's looks/bodies and how seriously they are taken in the game.

It's only the 2 degrees of separation coupled with the sweaty anxiety of her showing up that makes this thread slightly more uncomfortable and ridiculous than the others.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Her toes are one of the worst looks ever.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    This thread is one of the worst looks ever.

Can we come up with a Soul Strut equivalent to pearl clutching? Because that's all this is.

I'm perfectly fine with the thread. A little sweaty palms, a little stalkerishness, a little cosignage. Such is life.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    white_tea said:

I'm perfectly fine with the thread. A little sweaty palms, a little stalkerishness, a little cosignage. Such is STRUT.

Fixed

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    white_tea said:

I'm perfectly fine with the thread. A little sweaty palms, a little stalkerishness, a little cosignage. Such is STRUT.

STRUT BY ME

just substitute the word body with blogger and you're there. goosebumps.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    Hoarding and collecting aren't quite the same thing even if they fall on the same spectrum.

But yeah, I thought it was beyond question that record collecting is a "male interest.".

I did an interview a couple weeks ago and was asked "why is record collecting/digging such a male dominated thing?". I'm interested in hearing what you guys think the reason is.

b/w

Bringing it full circle...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Takes having a dick to enter into a dick-measuring contest.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    day said:
    mannybolone said:
    Hoarding and collecting aren't quite the same thing even if they fall on the same spectrum.

But yeah, I thought it was beyond question that record collecting is a "male interest.".

I did an interview a couple weeks ago and was asked "why is record collecting/digging such a male dominated thing?". I'm interested in hearing what you guys think the reason is.
    I think it's because music is ephemeral and abstract, and this runs counter to the male tendency toward preservation and measurement. In record collecting, though, we see music--this abstract and ephemeral thing--made archiveable (by virtue of its media) and quantifiable (by its acquirability). I think men are more likely than women to equate "having and holding" with "understanding," so they pursue records--artifacts of the comforting conversion of the slippery That Which I Cannot Touch into the more literal That Which I Can Take Home And Put On My Shelf--a little more desperately.

It's been my experience that women who are way into records still mostly want to talk about music, where dudes who are way into records mostly just wanna talk about fucking records.

Broadly:

Q: "Hey, woman who really likes music: Do you like Artist X?"

A: "Yes! I like Song A and Thing B but not Aspect C and..."

vs.

Q: "Hey, man who really likes music: Do you like Artist X?"

A: "Yes! I have all their records! I have Early LP A and Rare EP B and mp3s of Unreleased Album C and..."

• Pretty sure you guys have been suckered by a Real Doll.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Herm said:
    Pretty sure you guys have been suckered by a Real Doll.

:cry:

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I don't get what all the excessive fuss is about. Whether the blog is written by a man/woman or how much names get dropped etc.

The content is good. I find the writing, topics and ideas funny, entertaining and informative without getting too serious or 'I-hold-more-raers-than-thou' ish.

IMO More people sharing their passion about their records in an engaging way is great. Who cares about the toes...... just enjoy the blog for what it is...

And if she turns out to be a human 'Mardi Gras with no bells' then thats fine too....

On a side note... I know heaps of females with a passion for digging/collecting/music....