President Romney (NRR Catnip)

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

Hey Patty Cakes, how ya feelin' about your boy?
    i don't have a "boy" in politics. mostly because i don't treat it like a sports team where i need to ride for dude wearing the correct colors or talking the same old bullshit. i treat it like the cancer it is and aim to have as little of it as possible.
    Yet you're all over these threads.

see above..

Double.

skel said:
    Obama said he'd close Gitmo and still hasn't. FAIL.

This line is always good for a brief chuckle followed by sadness and pity for the person that thinks it has merit.

HarveyCanal said:
    Obama keeps trying to fight the courts on its repeal of the indefinite detention of US citizens portion of NDAA.

Why the fuck anyone would want to re-elect a president so hell-bent on destroying habeas corpus is some serious weaksauce.

Put Harvey down as being anti-Lincoln.

• Rockadelic said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    wait so which team are you on then?

What color sheep am I??

Sheep = someone who doesn't make decisions on their own yet.

How does deciding on a "team" make a person a sheep?

Rockadelic said:

There is some irony in the fact that you needed a picture ID to enter the DNC.

Only if you think that entering the DNC is a guaranteed Constitutional right. You don't think that, do you?

another double.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

Only if you think that entering the DNC is a guaranteed Constitutional right. You don't think that, do you?

Are you the guy who goes to the Improv and fact checks the comedians?

b/w

I believe it's my guaranteed Constitutional right to leave the country too, but I can't do it without a valid picture ID....true?

• Rockadelic said:

Actually there is no irony here at all. Both conventions are scripted infomercials for their respective parties. Aside from the kerfuffle with Ron Paul supporters at the RNC and the whole "god" vote at the DNC these were not real voting events, they were symbolic at best. The idea that anyone's ability to vote was suppressed by having to present ID to enter either event is beyond ridiculous.

When you have a ton of political leadership concentrated in one place, you need security. A polling station on the other hand doesn't have a metric tone of representatives, senators, and presidents/vice presidents past and present. Also, both parties also want keep out protesters and pranksters.

But anyway you slice it, Romney and Obama were done deals before they even setup the venues. These were just political pantomime to get their respective messages out. I will leave it to you figure out who did a better job at it.

That brings me to a more salient point, these are privately funded and run events, not public voting. You have to be a member of the RNC or DNC or have permission to be there. A DNC or RNC event does not equal the public voting on election day.

So, I am not finding any irony at all.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you completely missed rock's point bro

• Rockadelic said:

They were afraid someone might sneak a video camera in.

• Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

I believe it's my guaranteed Constitutional right to leave the country too, but I can't do it without a valid picture ID....true?

You can leave the country without a valid picture id. You can't get on a plane or enter another country. But nothing is stopping you from swimming into international waters.

The_Hook_Up said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

You can leave the country without a valid picture id. You can't get on a plane or enter another country. But nothing is stopping you from swimming into international waters.

I have a sense of humor and THAT'S funny!

• The_Hook_Up said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

Nothing except 200 miles of ocean.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

• HarveyCanal said:
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Really? When I leave the US and enter back into Canada I only have to actually show ID to Canadian border agents.

US agents ask my citizenship tho. But not for ID.

Same when I leave Canada... I never even talk to a Canadian agent. Just US border agents.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    you completely missed rock's point bro

No I didn't bro. His point was not really a point. It was a distraction from my main thesis, Romney is in trouble. I still answered his "point" by pointing out that his "irony" was an iron free apples to oranges comparison.

The actual irony in Rock's post was that his one take away from my post was to make some lame false equivalency between having to show ID at a private event (which the RNC was also doing) and equating it with Voter ID laws.

It is obvious we come down on opposite sides of this issue. I am not going to convince you of my side of the argument and you are certainly not going to convince me we have a massive voter fraud problem in Pennsylvania that warrants disenfranchising 750k to a Million voters.

Now if you want to address how Romney is going to win this election, I am all ears. Tell me what magic card he is going to draw on the river. Otherwise, you are boring me.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    --- Thanks for the new sig.

Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

No, but I do like to point out false equivalences from time to time in hopes that it keeps the maker of them honest.

b/w

Which part of Constitution says you have a right to leave the country? Besides, you can leave without an ID. People abscond to Mexico and Canada all the time.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

No, but I do like to point out false equivalences from time to time in hopes that it keeps the maker of them honest.

b/w

Which part of Constitution says you have a right to leave the country? Besides, you can leave without an ID. People abscond to Mexico and Canada all the time.

whoops

Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

b/w

b/w

I guess people vote illegally all the time too.....at least there are plenty of known cases.

Corfield v. Coryell, 6 Fed. Cas. 546 (1823), the Supreme Court recognized freedom of movement as a fundamental Constitutional right.

Are you suggesting it's not a Constitutional right to leave the country as a law abiding adult?

HarveyCanal said:

• HarveyCanal said:

You are quite welcome Harvey, glad I could oblige. Said without irony.

Rockadelic said:

I guess people vote illegally all the time too.....at least there are plenty of known cases.

Corfield v. Coryell, 6 Fed. Cas. 546 (1823), the Supreme Court recognized freedom of movement as a fundamental Constitutional right.

Are you suggesting it's not a Constitutional right to leave the country as a law abiding adult?

There you go again with your false equivalences. People don't vote illegally all the time. At least the provable instances of voter fraud indicate that not to be true.

And, freedom of movement is not the same as the right to leave the country without ID. Where does Corfield v. Coryell suggest that it is? I'll help you out: It doesn't. Corfield v. Coryell applies to freedom of movement between the states.

You're on a roll here, Rock. Keep it up.

Bon Vivant said:

Is leaving the country a Constitutional right...Yes or No?

Do you need ID to legally leave the country...Yes or No?

We can just cut to the chase.

I say Yes to both...prove me wrong.

Rockadelic said:
    Bon Vivant said:

Is leaving the country a Constitutional right...Yes or No?

Do you need ID to legally leave the country...Yes or No?

We can just cut to the chase.

I say Yes to both...prove me wrong.

Is that how it works? You make an assertion, backed up by nothing except an almost 200 year old case that has nothing to do with your assertion, and I have to prove you wrong? I've already proven you wrong as far as Corfield v. Coryell goes.

Is this the chase we are cutting to?

Unicorns are green. Prove me wrong.

• what the fuck are you dudes even talking about?

Thymebomb13 said:
    Rockadelic said:
    The right is rallying though, not so much for Romney but AGAINST Obama. Millions going to see films like Obama 2016...this is the Rights version of seeing a Michael Moore film and it's grossed $26 million.

How many "millions" have gone to see a movie that's only grossed $26 million, exactly?

And are there other films like Obama 2016?

Are there other "Political Movies"....sure.......according to the stats I've read Farenheit 9/11 is the biggest money maker in this genre @ $118 million and this film ranks @ #2 ...if I had to guess I'd say between 2 and 3 million.