Occupy Wallstreet 9/17 .... and now

hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
so...is this going to keep growing?....seems like its been picking up rather swiftly

Comments

• hobo_d said:
    so...is this going to keep growing?...

.seems like its been picking up rather swiftly

Let's hope so.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    hobo_d said:

The revolution comes with free pizza. Godfathers?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    hobo_d said:

The revolution comes with an unclear message and no real focus.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Brian said:

The revolution comes with an unclear message and no real focus.

Exactly. I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Too many shitbird cops with nothing actually constructive to do.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Traveling carnival of trust fund anarchists, unemployed / unemployable hipsters and part-time Starbucks / Kinkos workers of the world united to stick it to the man, man.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    nothing actually constructive to do.

From what I understand, there's a spot down there you can get good vegetarian lunches for cheap.

So there's that.

DB_Cooper said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    nothing actually constructive to do.

From what I understand, there's a spot down there you can get good vegetarian lunches for cheap.

So there's that.

Dunkin Donuts?

• FWIW I've seen a bunch of different types of folks out there, not just your standard issue anarchist hippies.

I remember reading about a time back in the 60s when anarchist hippies protested stuff... maybe I'm remembering wrong... there was some good music made?

... and they called it "psych rock"?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    FWIW I've seen a bunch of different types of folks out there, not just your standard issue anarchist hippies.

it's sad that this is even an issue... cause i'm sure if i walked by a tea party rally, it would be an amazing cross section of america, right?

and yes, the people i see posting this on facebook are def not just a bunch of crusty margin dwellers...

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    FWIW I've seen a bunch of different types of folks out there, not just your standard issue anarchist hippies.

I remember reading about a time back in the 60s when anarchist hippies protested stuff... maybe I'm remembering wrong... there was some good music made?

... and they called it "psych rock"?

Post up some 2011 Wall Street Bangers!

Martin said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Traveling carnival of trust fund anarchists, unemployed / unemployable hipsters and part-time Starbucks / Kinkos workers of the world united to stick it to the man, man.

yeah keep your opinions for the ballot box!!!!

Nah....I have no problem with anyone peacefully protesting.

But let's call it what it is.

Just like Tea Party members are ignorant, racist white people who are afraid of change and diversity.

In other words, how dare they protest economic inequalities when they have like funny haircuts.

HarveyCanal said:
    In other words, how dare they protest economic inequalities when they have like funny haircuts.

Yep....that's exactly what I meant......with hair down to my ass.

Your hair is only long, not funny.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Better than the usual rah rah rah support for "rich" people fucking over the poor and middle class. Maybe if it was shown that government would hold corporations and wall st. to better accountability...

HarveyCanal said:

The only time it was "funny" was when my cousin gave me a perm after one week of beauty school

b/w

You've seen my kids and should know I don't judge people by their looks.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Post up some 2011 Wall Street Bangers!

I thought of your daughter actually after reading your snarky comment. I really don't wish to indict your person over what you said. But what you said was really fucking wack. I mean, how do you suppose they should "stick it to the man"?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

The only time it was "funny" was when my cousin gave me a perm after one week of beauty school

Plaese to post pics

• how dare the working poor ask for anything more than to be able to work and be poor. what do they think this is, the land of opportunity?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    DOR said:
    Rockadelic said:

Better than the usual rah rah rah support for "rich" people fucking over the poor and middle class. Maybe if it was shown that government would hold corporations and wall st. to better accountability...
    So you're saying these people should be protesting in DC and not Wall Street then, right?

HarveyCanal said:
    I thought of your daughter actually after reading your snarky comment. I really don't wish to indict your person over what you said. But what you said was really fucking wack. I mean, how do you suppose they should "stick it to the man"?

All I was doing was describing the people there and what they were, in their minds, doing.

See the below article written by someone who supports the protests....he had basically the same description.

And I don't think that characterization is "wack".

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The claims that there is a lack of mainstream coverage doesn???t seem to hold water, and could simply be a ploy to encourage even more coverage. The protests have been covered by Reuters, The New York Times, and major networks. Anonymous and Ad Busters are major promoters and loose organizers of the protests but the movement doesn???t appear to be born directly from the groups.

Are they a mob of over-privileged, unemployed trustafarians? Many of them likely are. Does it matter? Dismiss them if you will, they???re motivated and mobilized. An apathetic population asked to foot the bill for the fallout from credit default swaps is exactly what the 1% ordered. The last few years the country has been told to fear an economic collapse if the masses fail to fork over what amounts to corporate welfare, and more recently, that more jobs will be lost if we close tax loopholes. Many claim that these protesters are anti-capitalist, but most are simply disillusioned by a form of capitalism they suggest is so far out of whack that the opportunity for bootstrap pulling is nearly non-existent. They propose that the current environment unapologetically favors the richest of the rich.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    DOR said:
    Rockadelic said:

GET THAT MONEY RICH PEOPLE!

b/w

Rock is rich. Sayin'. :wow:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I absolutely support their right and the basic intent of their protest but when you come off like this it does nothing to further your cause and just further polarizes the issue. Dudes need to know what they're protesting against and understand the underlying issues. That and don't harass working mufuckaz on their way to work.

Maybe some of them are shapeshifting unicorns too, and that's an even better reason for them to just shut up and submit to injustice.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shapeshifting unicorns vs shapeshifting lizards
    who wins

HarveyCanal said:
    Maybe some of them are shapeshifting unicorns too, and that's an even better reason for them to just shut up and submit to injustice.

Who asked or suggested they shut up?

Brian said:
    I absolutely support their right and the basic intent of their protest but when you come off like this it does nothing to further your cause and just further polarizes the issue. Dudes need to know what they're protesting against and understand the underlying issues. That and don't harass working mufuckaz on their way to work.

So somehow they've further "polarized" the issue of the uber-rich 1% against the 99% rest of us?

I mean, even I thought about how some of those armpits must smell and it makes me want to forget how Bush's family made its money cooperating with the Nazi's.