Rep your pick for 2010???s Hottest Dude

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Lol, Bassie, if we were all in a room with Shadow, I would fortunately be the only female trying to get a picture and autograph, but I'd have to wait in line behind all the male fans.

Though I still think he's attractive (but now I'm wondering if I would find him attractive if he wasn't a successful artist) I do have to agree with the line beard thing. Unless your wifey finds it hot, shave it!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    edith head said:
    elise said:
    Reading recipes on the plane ('cause that is what I do...) and thought, "sure, why not?!" haha!

oooh, good one. i love eric ripert!

Another Chef related one...Michael Roon

He was just appointed Exec Chef at Eos--the restaurant in the neighborhood I used to live in. Yummy.

Not related, but if you are ever in Cole Valley, I suggest this place. Great wine flights, grilled squid, fermented black bean braised short rib timbale served over Thai braised red cabbage (incredible) and sweet corn risotto (when in season, of course).

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Hmmm...guess I am into Spanish men and Chefs. Interesting.

Move to Spain? ;)

• elise said:
    edith head said:
    elise said:
    Reading recipes on the plane ('cause that is what I do...) and thought, "sure, why not?!" haha!

He was just appointed Exec Chef at Eos--the restaurant in the neighborhood I used to live in. Yummy.

Not related, but if you are ever in Cole Valley, I suggest this place. Great wine flights, grilled squid, fermented black bean braised short rib timbale served over Thai braised red cabbage (incredible) and sweet corn risotto (when in season, of course).

i like ripert more for his gentle & kind personality and accent than his looks tho. he is the polar opposite of everything i find annoying about anthony bourdain. i have never been to le bernadin, but it's on my list the next time i'm in ny

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    edith head said:
    elise said:
    edith head said:
    elise said:

i like ripert more for his gentle personality and accent than his looks tho. he is the polar opposite of everything i find annoying about anthony bourdain. i have never been to le bernadin, but it's on my list the next time i'm in ny

It is more of a personality attraction thing for sure. I met Bourdain a few years ago at Incanto. He was pompous, ah-durrr, but was a funny interaction with him nonetheless.

I never was attracted to Bourdain. I do think he is/was a refreshing author. Haven't touched Medium Raw. All the culinary students are into it, which makes me run the other way.

I need a NYC trip myself. Been offered to stage at some restaurant there (can't remember the name!). I just love San Francisco too much to up and go right now.

• Since Reynaldo's on a quest for a hot man with facial hair, I guess I have an excuse to post:

Not sure how 2010 related he could be considered though?

I don't follow sports AT ALL, so forgive me if he's not cool, or something. But I used to have a friend who made me watch a lot of basketball with her, and the only thing I liked was being able to look at Ben Wallace.

I personally don't mind / do like facial hair on guys. Just depends. I guess it's easier to pull stuff off if you're an NBA star with model looks.

• my girlfriend is obsessed with this dude right here. like...... he's the background image on her phone.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    brokenrecord said:
    Since Reynaldo's on a quest for a hot man with facial hair, I guess I have an excuse to post:

Almond said:
    patchy

• elise said:
    edith head said:
    elise said:

I've never heard of this dude but do NOT go to Eos ever. We had such bad service that we actually left mid-meal. And the food was nada special, esp. not for the price.

Oh and "Cole Valley" is not a real neighborhood.

Carry on.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    elise said:
    edith head said:
    elise said:

I've never heard of this dude but do NOT go to Eos ever. We had such bad service that we actually left mid-meal. And the food was nada special, esp. not for the price.

Oh and "Cole Valley" is not a real neighborhood.

Carry on.

Haha..wow. You have so much anger!

Sucks you had a bad experience. I guess I never went on the seating side, but the bar side.

Cole Valley is a neighborhood.

Carry on...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

I can see it. thankyouverymuch. eeeek.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Now i see why Bassie gets disturbed by the "hottest" female thraeds. This male thread is so bad.

Eric Ripert - he's cool, talented, classy. But "HOTTEST" in 2010?

Like I masterbate to him HOTTEST type shit? WTF?

To each his own.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    batmon said:
    Now i see why Bassie gets disturbed by the "hottest" female thraeds. This male thread is so bad.

To each his own.

His own? pause.

It is more of a personality attraction thing...

• batmon said:

To each his own.

I'm not mad at the women's choices. Most of you foolios play the 'fantasy football' sh*t way too hard in the female threads. Dudes are too afraid to post some regular-but-still-fly lookin' ladies for fear of getting clowned on some elbows sh*t. I'm willing to bet most Strut dudes don't have the room to be as picky as they pretend to be.

Herm said:
    batmon said:

To each his own.

I'm not mad at the women's choices. Most of you foolios play the 'fantasy football' sh*t way too hard in the female threads. Dudes are too afraid to post some regular-but-still-fly lookin' ladies for fear of getting clowned on some elbows sh*t. I'm willing to bet most Strut dudes don't have the room to be as picky as they pretend to be.

HOTTEST and CUTE are different. But that's me.

Carry on w/ "whomever you like in 2020 broad choices steez.

Were not picking boyfriends aor girlfriends. I didnt know resumes and personalities factored into this?

Hot means acting abilities? Seriously?

• batmon said:

Why not?

I find girls with musical talent hot.

Batmon, who are some men that other men consider attractive? I'm curious, and we're on the topic.

The tastes in this thread are varied, as they are when it comes to clothing, music and shoes, etc. Our objective was neither to please or upset the straight males in the Strut community, however, we've succeeded at striking a few nerves. Bassie, I'm pleased with this thread and def got more than my fair share of eye candy this week.

I don't mind when ppl disagree with my picks bc it makes me think "more for me!" So selfish.

• Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Why not?

Yup.

Semi-but-not-really-related:

On the street, I find height to be attractive. A tall woman stands out to me even if she's not particularly drop dead gorgeous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about tall ass ugly women, but a woman's height tends to make her just a little more pretty too me.

Same goes for female detectives with a strap on their side, which I see fairly regularly since I work near the courthouse. Wee oh wee oh wee, indeed.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Herm said:

Same goes for female detectives with a strap on

WHOA!!!

I just got called out on this via TextStrut. I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO FEMALE DETECTIVES PACKING A STRAP ON!! I meant a gun on their side!!

Whew...that was a close call. Thanks anonymous Strutter!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Herm said:

Same goes for female detectives with a strap on

WHOA!!!

I just got called out on this via TextStrut. I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO FEMALE DETECTIVES PACKING A STRAP ON!! I meant a gun on their side!!

Whew...that was a close call. Thanks anonymous Strutter!

Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Why not?

U jerk off to Sharon Jones?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    batmon said:
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Why not?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    What else is hot on a guy is if he has style...

Been feeling suits with vests lately on guys...

Guess I have Mad Men to blame...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I can deal with bowties, too ;)

Elise, those guys would look good in most anything. A curvier man would look different in that plaid, bowtie and suspender get-up.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Horseleech said:

no..but seriously?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    jaymack said:
    Horseleech said:

no..but seriously?

Late 60s/early70s Gal Costa?

Hell yeah.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the ladies thread.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    Horseleech said:
    batmon said:

Why not?

That doesn't have to be the inevitable conclusion.

I think what we're witnessing in these two threads is the difference between men and women's sexuality to which so much ink has been dedicated.
    I AM NOT SAYING THIS APPLIES TO EVERYONE so please don't jump all over me on this. Looking at someone physically attractive seems to be enough for things to get hot for men. Women need a bit more information.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    bassie said:
    Women need a bit more information.

Exactly.