Rep your pick for 2010???s Hottest Dude

Comments

• leonleon 883 Posts
    The dude in the middle has my vote (and serious raer)

/cross thread pollination warning

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Lot's of love for Soul on Ice...hmmmm..

;)

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

=

??

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Reading recipes on the plane ('cause that is what I do...) and thought, "sure, why not?!" haha!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    You ladies drooling over DJ Shadow is the equivalent of doods on here drooling over that underage Harry Potter girl.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    phongone said:
    You ladies drooling over DJ Shadow is the equivalent of doods on here drooling over that underage Harry Potter girl.

No droolin' over here. That beard thingy is so cheeeeensy.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What about stubble on a darker skin Black guy? Are there different rules? Do you ladies like your Black men smooth?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    What about stubble on a darker skin Black guy? Are there different rules? Do you ladies like your Black men smooth?

Is this a personal question?! ;) (5000 views!)

I can go either way...not that picky. However, that beard line thing just looks horrible to me. Ed Hardy style.

• Depends on the dude completely.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    phongone said:

Please explain. How is drooling over a grown man who is arguably among the most accomplished collectors and DJs out there the equivalent of drooling over a cute child actress? I have to agree with the ladies about Shadow's facial hair, but I find his poise and overall talent as a musician to be admirable and hot. Different strokes for different folks.

Reynaldo, depends on the person as well as bone structure and hair growth. Some men's facial hair grows patchy and looks perpetually sloppy and uneven. Your best option is to ask a trusted lady friend. Edit: I Googled stubble. Apparently, stubble=sex. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3345796/Women-prefer-men-with-stubble-for-love-sex-and-marriage.html

• How do The Ladies Of Soulstrut?? feel about The Pigpen Of Rap???

My female friends think he's dreamy despite his dusty, disheveled appearance, but something tells me they wouldn't feel the same if he cleaned up.

b/w

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Hmmm...is there a male equivilent of "tajazzle"? No stinkies, please.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Wow, So are you ladies gonna narrow this down at all? Howzabout like, a top fifty... for starters.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    batmon said:
    Just Blaze is like 5'5" w/ a baby face. Not a MAN.

haha! Seriously?!? A middle aged comic book fantasy land guy who is highly vocal about racial issues is judging what a real MAN is? Outside of Soulstrut, I have never heard of Just Blaze, but good for him. He'll age really well. I guess Prince, Sean Astin and others aren't real MEN, either. Thank God there are some women out there who don't buy into the socially prescribed "short men are undesirable" BS and all the ugly stereotypes associated with men who just so happen to be born of lesser than "normal" (by American standards) height.

• Electrode said:
    batmon said:
    Just Blaze is like 5'5" w/ a baby face. Not a MAN.

haha! Seriously?!? A middle aged comic book fantasy land guy who is highly vocal about racial issues is judging what a real MAN is? Outside of Soulstrut, I have never heard of Just Blaze, but good for him. He'll age really well. I guess Prince, Sean Astin and others aren't real MEN, either. Thank God there are some women out there who don't buy into the socially prescribed "short men are undesirable" BS and all the ugly stereotypes associated with men who just so happen to be born of lesser than "normal" (by American standards) height.

you sound short. ;)

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I was trying to keep it polite and not dis other people's picks, but Shadow is gross. Sorry.

Jim Jones, I can definitely see why women think he's sexy - he rides that fine line but has stepped over to the yuck side for me. Personally, the unwashed, fuzzy braids look is not my thing at all. Jones is like your girl's creepy, drunk uncle who keeps being put in jail overnight and leers at underage girls.

I am torn over the beard/stubble thing. The whole indie rock grizzly man beard thing is so overdone and I don't like how it looks like things (like food) get caught in it...and for amorous moments, NO.
    Stubble, goatees, etc....sometimes I don't even notice guys have it - it's just part of their overall (good) look. This is ideal. Not that stuff that sits on your chin like a cheap doormat.

Height: a good fit is important.

Reynaldo said:

brokenrecord said:
    Depends on the dude completely.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    bassie said:
    I was trying to keep it polite and not dis other people's picks, but Shadow is gross. Sorry.

Yes.

The whole indie rock grizzly man beard thing is so overdone and I don't like how it looks like things (like food) get caught in it...

What, you don't find that sexy? ;)

• How do you ladies feel about Leland? I stopped watching the show after Dog's N-word incident, but when I used to watch it (at its' peak) I thought this dude would end up as some kind of breakout sex symbol type dude. Dude is fit, but he seems polite and humble enough to make the ladies swoon.

(I didn't even realize the show was still on but I caught it while channel surfing at a friend's last night. She was feelin' dude. He doesn't seem to get much screen time though. I wonder if that's intentional?)

I don't even know who the hell this is, but the answer is no.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    So then, who's a darker skin Black man that you like and/or prefer with stubble (that's not named Denzel [who's not even that dark])?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This is a funny / good thread. Some reasonable choices, and some are straight bizarre. But like someone said in here, different strokes etc...

And with Jimmy, I could see him being pretty divisive. My wife hates him but I know a few ladies that think he's cute.

Okay, as you were...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    So then, who's a darker skin Black man that you like and/or prefer with stubble (that's not named Denzel [who's not even that dark])?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Herm said:
    How do you ladies feel about Leland? I stopped watching the show after Dog's N-word incident, but when I used to watch it (at its' peak) I thought this dude would end up as some kind of breakout sex symbol type dude. Dude is fit, but he seems polite and humble enough to make the ladies swoon.

(I didn't even realize the show was still on but I caught it while channel surfing at a friend's last night. She was feelin' dude. He doesn't seem to get much screen time though. I wonder if that's intentional?)

No.

First thing that came to my mind...

I can't think of anyone famous that Strutters would know and the guys I am thinking of, it's more of a thin beard than stubble. Facial hair doesn't come in the same for all dudes of all races. I don't know how comfortable maintaining stubble is for some guys...but I am sure dudes here can enlighten us.

As far as not even that dark with stubble/thin beard goes, I am still looking at this guy.

elise said:

No.

First thing that came to my mind...

PERFECT
    lmho

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Lebron, Don Cheadle and Tyson Beckford are dark skinned men who look good with and without stubble. A handsome man can sport both looks easily, but opinions vary widely among women, if you haven't noticed.

As for Leland and the guy Herm posted: not for me.

• elise said:
    Reading recipes on the plane ('cause that is what I do...) and thought, "sure, why not?!" haha!

oooh, good one. i love eric ripert!

• bassie said:

If any strutters reading this have a line beard, you need to shave it immediately.

I just want to clarify that even though the above quote is mine - I did not vote for this guy as hot, warm or tepid.