Rep your pick for 2010???s Hottest Dude

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    bassie said:
    Almond said:
    bassie said:
    Well, this is nice - from all indications, none of us would be gunning for the same dude...should we ever all be in the same place...
    lol

Thank you for starting this much-needed thread, Bassie! Strutter women have a much broader definition of sexiness than do Strutter men, though we all seem to possess the same appreciation for a dude who can properly sport a suit and some stubble.

...and some meat on the bones

Yes.

• Almond said:
    Strutter women have a much broader definition of sexiness than do Strutter men

pls explain.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Almond said:

:comedy_gold:

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    bassie said:
    Almond said:

James Franco is so dreamy.

THIS is James Franco? I have been hearing this name forever, but chalked it up to another dude whose name I hear but have no idea why (ie Ryan Reynolds).
    Yes.
    Hello James.

Have you seen the movie Milk? It's a great film and Franco, who co-starred, was perfect in it, down to the mustache. Hello, James.

Studies have shown that women are attracted to more masculine-looking men at the most fertile time of their menstrual cycle. Very interesting.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/376321.stm

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    button said:
    Almond said:

Dude - are you still smarting from the other thread because we didn't like your gal?

??Do these dudes seem like an unachievable, unrealistic ideal?
    Despite the fact we've got a wider age range, a wider cultural range, a wider range of professions, a wider range of body types and a wider range of what would even be considered traditionally 'attractive'? I would not call one woman in the hot chick thread ugly - in all their toned, long-haired, smooth-as-silk-skin-perfect-make-up glory - but trust me when I tell you there are some dudes above that are straight-up yucky to me on first glance.

If you guys think this is a narrow range, fair enough.

rootlesscosmo said:
    Almond said:

pls explain.

Rather than critiquing the hot men picks in this thread we are enjoying the sexiness that is out there. However, in a hot chick thread, every third post is about how a previous Strutter's pick is too thick, too thin or lacking in the elbows. Perhaps if there were more than three women participating, it would be different, and if we were judging based on personality, etc., our choices would definitely be different. But in terms of blapability, there seems to be some varied taste in men according to the few women on the board.

Almond, you are a good regulator. I was harsh.

I also realize we have not captured all men in all their beautiful and amazing ways here.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    bassie said:
    button said:
    Almond said:

Dude - are you still smarting from the other thread because we didn't like your gal?

MAYBE I AM :cry:

No, kidding. That was a good time over there, and this is a good time over here.
    Its always interesting though when two people can view the exact same set of data and come to totally opposite conclusions. But like I said, its all in good fun I hope. Its like Anna Karina says at the end of Band of Outsiders,
    "When guys look at girls they look at their eyes, their breasts, and their thighs. And when girls look at guys... they do the exact same." or something along those lines

I vote for Joao Silva. Now lets keep the hunky jpegs coming..

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Does it have to be 2010? ;)

elise said:
    Does it have to be 2010? ;)

Now you're just straight pandering.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Ha! Alright...

• Almond said:
    Hot Coopers:

Anderson

Dayam, check those elbows out.

The men from the HBO series True Blood are gorgeous. Shape-shifters, vampires and werewolves; oh, my.
    Alexander Skarsgard:

Ryan Kwanten:

Sam Trammell:

Stephen Moyer:

Joe Manganiello:

Almond said:

Joe Manganiello:

Let's talk about this. This washboard shit is kinda gross, right? What am I missing about a chiseled tablet that's so great?

Man looks way better with that shit covered up!

Let's talk about this. This washboard shit is kinda gross, right? What am I missing about a chiseled tablet that's so great?

Man looks way better with that shit covered up!

He plays a werewolf in a TV series, hence the washboard shit. I don't think it's gross for a guy to work out and focus on his body. Even if he wasn't as washboarded out, I'd still find his prominent facial features, scruffy beard and overall rugged charm to be very handsome. Some guys have washboard abs without having to try hard, the same way some women have a tendency to be slender or curvy. Men who lack the washboard shit are just less likely to be taking their clothes off on TV, and that doesn't disqualify them from being hot.

I Googled "hot but chubby actor," but unfortunately didn't come up with any results that I thought were relevant to a thread about prominent men in 2010. You and Elise are appreciating on grown men with "some meat on their bones," so I'm just balancing it out by featuring some ripped dudes.

Chubby men in Hollywood are often type-cast. This is a form of body fascism that doesn't get nearly as much attention as the female equivalent.
    Seth Rogen (he's lost a lot of weight, though):

Jack Black:

Unfortunately, there are very few pictures of thick men in something other than a track suit or business attire. Everything with women is a fetish, a happy fantasy. There are images of all kinds of women out there, with sexy sets and good lighting. Good luck finding an image of a thick man. Rick Ross could be that dude but he's unhealthy looking and he doesn't wear it nice.

And yes, in light of your post, they are funny, goofy clown types. I guess.

• Almond said:

really?

• Almond said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Almond said:

pls explain.

Rather than critiquing the hot men picks in this thread we are enjoying the sexiness that is out there. However, in a hot chick thread, every third post is about how a previous Strutter's pick is too thick, too thin or lacking in the elbows. Perhaps if there were more than three women participating, it would be different, and if we were judging based on personality, etc., our choices would definitely be different. But in terms of blapability, there seems to be some varied taste in men according to the few women on the board.

I feel like all the bickering in the hottest chicks threads sorta *proves* the diversity of opinion among the men on the board re: female hotness. not sure y'all's definition is necesarily any "broader" is all.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Almond said:

I Googled "hot but chubby actor," but unfortunately didn't come up with any results

I agree. I tried...but no.

rootlesscosmo said:
    Almond said:

really?

Really! They wouldn't have cast these guys to take off their clothes every 10 minutes of screen time if they weren't hot.

Maybe our definition of sexiness is not "broad," but given that there are only a handful of us ladies, I feel we have a good sampling here. Sore lack of Asians/South Asians, though.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I am not into werewolves. Just want to put that out there.

^Most women aren't into werewolves. If your guy just up and left for a few nights every full moon and was both absent and incapable of controlling his faculties, it would pose a ridiculous inconvenience and would make PMS look like a cake-walk. Only women as dumb as Sookie or Bella would fusk with that, but that's another story.

Back on track. This thread needs some more color, so I'll add a couple South Asians to the mix. Bollywood and I don't usually agree when it comes to male hotness, among other things, but there are exceptions.

John Abraham

Farhan Akhtar

double

On this board, adding colour is loaded. It's hard to communicate your realm of reference in a forum such as this.
    Having said that, I am weak at the elbows over this stare.

John Abraham

• [/gaffled]

• Not totally mad at any of the pics, bur most of the flicks in this thread are similarly photoshopped to hell.

Washboard pic looks straight out of the movie 300

• Almond said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Almond said:

really?

Really! They wouldn't have cast these guys to take off their clothes every 10 minutes of screen time if they weren't hot.

Maybe our definition of sexiness is not "broad," but given that there are only a handful of us ladies, I feel we have a good sampling here. Sore lack of Asians/South Asians, though.

I watched True Blood (guilty pleasure) and that first dude had the washboard abs and all, but always looked like he had a slight down syndrome case to me. The 2nd dude was charming in that aww shucks nice guy way I guess but he never struck me as a heart throb.

I'm not shocked at any of the other pics.

all in all though I'd have to say it appears that you gals are racist against latinos and east asians.

just kidding. (but ethnically I think the hottest girls thread was more diverse. :tenpager:)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Where's the Black MEN?

No Hip Hopity young short dudes on some Webster shit.

Adam Rodriguez, Danny Pino and Enrique Murciano. Ignore that shiny suit.

Iron Chef Guy

B.D. Wong from Law and Order: SVU

Harry Shum, Jr. Dancer and Actor.