NHL 2010-2011 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

HALFWAY HOME, BOYS! KEEP IT UP AGAINST THE BOLTS!!

and God please please PLEASE let Bergeron be OKAY!!!!!!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Congrats.

Philly was pretty brutal. Surprised they didnt call me to tend the net.

TB-BOS will be great, i imagine

lololol ... went on my favorite hockey board to see if there was any mention of this horrible dive by Thornton last night, for which he was penalized - and found this, TEH BEST GIF EVER.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Ahahaha sweet

GO WINGS!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    fuck thorton

can someone explain to me how a team that has lost 100 million dollars
    has its best season in ages but still bleeds out over 25 mil can be argued to stay in arizona
    how can owners with business degrees do all in their power to lose cash
    please mr bettman let me fight to lose money for one more year

• I forgot how much I hate detroit, their fans, and their boards. It is pretty bad I have to cheer for a californian team.

downtownrobbrown said:
    I forgot how much I hate detroit, their fans, and their boards. It is pretty bad I have to cheer for a californian team.

how's that working out for ya?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The wings are getting it done..it's more them ..then the sharks being the good ole sharks
    but then again

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    I forgot how much I hate detroit, their fans, and their boards. It is pretty bad I have to cheer for a californian team.

As a pens fans, I'm actually pulling for the Wings. I CANNOT stand the Sharks... or shall I say the San Jose Dive Team.

Tyler Seguin lighting it the fuck UP in Boston tonight!!

SoulOnIce said:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    SoulOnIce said:

dude has sick wheels... that real bobby orr effortless game changing speed, where he makes the people he goes around look like they're standing still...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the kid had 4 poiint in 7 shifts in the second period of his second career playoff game
    booby orr comparison on that goal is adequate
    i hope for my team he does not develop crosby style
    that game was nuts though
    in other news the northeast conference would get the winnipeg jets

How stupid do the Oilers feel now.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Haha just thinking the same thing.

Although I don't think they'd be much better even if Crosby wore the blue & copper.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    LALZ

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I wonder how SOI is feeling right now....

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    who will step up and play us next? WHO?!

cove said:
    I wonder how SOI is feeling right now....

F'ING ECSTATIC BABY!! haha ... I am actually on vacation in Baltimore and had to watch Game 7 in a crowded bar on the harbor where I was the only person who really gave a shit what happened in the game ... but I had my Lucic shirt on and was screaming and yelping and gasping ... when Horton scored I was standing on my stool screaming "THAT'S MY BOYS!!! MAKE IT COUNT MOTHERFUCKERS!!!" hahaha. I think they were more amused than annoyed by me, I'm sure my joy was infectious and strangers were high-fiving me at the end. I was tempted to say "DRINKS ON ME FOR EVERYONE" but the place was too crowded lol.

Anyway, that game 7 may have been one of the most perfectly played NHL games I have ever seen - no penalties, and while there were a couple of plays each way that could have been called, both teams played with incredible discipline and clearly the refs did not want to be a factor in the outcome so they just "let them play."

So while that was the greatest game played in the new Boston Garden, and I am still glowing from it 2 days later, now it's time for the real deal. Thomas vs Luongo. Lucic vs Biexa. Chara vs the Sedins. I'm hoping and praying for the Bruins in 6 (with a home ice clinch) but this series could go 10 different ways ... Vancouver looks so good lately but if the Bruins can play the way did in the ECF game 7, stealing one in Vancouver is a very real possibility and then all bets are off.

All I know is this is the closest we have been to the Cup in 20 years - maybe more, since our last 2 trips were against powerhouse Oilers teams - and I feel like I am in a dream, I forgot how it feels to have your team playing in June. Amazing stuff and HERE WE GO BRUINS HERE WE GO GO GO

Congrats SOI.

Timmy Thomas is a CLASS ACT.

I got a little tearful with the St. Louis / Thomas hug at the end.

If you guys can slow down the Nucks by clogging up the neutral zone, playing tough hard nosed hockey, you have a shot.

Represent the Easter Conference well, plaese. I will be cheering for you!

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    looks like it's you and me SOI.

just something to mull over.............

1976 winter olympics in montreal. habs win the cup.

1980 winter olympics in lake placid. islander's win the cup.

1988 winter olympics held in calgary. flames win the cup.

2010 winter olympics in vancouver....................

RAJ said:

I got a little tearful with the St. Louis / Thomas hug at the end.

yeah, that was really something else. I saw a lot of mutual respect in that line of handshakes, between 2 teams that knew that series could have easily gone either way, and left it all out on the ice.

Thanks for the congrats, Raj. Here's hoping the B's can bring the Cup back east.

vintageinfants said:
    looks like it's you and me SOI.

just something to mull over.............

1976 winter olympics in montreal. habs win the cup.

1980 winter olympics in lake placid. islander's win the cup.

1988 winter olympics held in calgary. flames win the cup.

2010 winter olympics in vancouver....................

......... Chicago wins the Cup. :lol:

nice idea, though. we'll have something real to talk about come later this week!

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    Mazel Tov, Winnipeg.

• we took the first two in our barn.

the best of luck to you in yours.

[i secretly ride for milan lucic, but zdeno chara is soft as baby thighs...... NOT ELITE]

zdeno chara is soft as baby thighs...... NOT ELITE]

crack smoke talk

God I hope Horton's OK.

• i'll take the double major on that hit, but that's not worth a game. the commentators trying to say it was 3 seconds between puck and hit are on some crack smoke talk, it wasn't even 3 seconds between the two when showed in slow-motion.

• i've also never seen so many people who know so little about hockey boo an instant replay.

i thought the bruins were supposed to be physically dominant over those porcelain canucks........