NHL 2010-2011 THREAD

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lol

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i think tuuka rass will be a grower just like price and reach greatness as well
    although i really think price is extremely more solid now i am not giving him a kanye review yet

Price is not only not the best goalie in the world, he's not the best goalie in the NHL ... he's not even the best goalie in the division!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    tim thomas has as many shutouts as him
    he has more wins (which is not great for us) because he needs to have rest
    i dont want us to run himn ragged so he is tired like ryan miller come playoff time
    you boston guys are lucky with your one two punch in goal

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    boston has the best 1-2, no doubt.

im taking Pricey over either of them. and im loving it.
    miller is great, but i bet he's not 100% right now.

you guys watch too much HNIC. They talk about Price like he is a messenger of God on there and any games on TSN. Price has been AWESOME so far this year, no doubt - but I am not convinced he's the best in the league at all.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    or are you mad cuz Price owns the Bruins?

huh???

last time the Bruins played a Price-led Habs in the playoffs, it was a 4-game sweep by the B's.

before that it was a seven-game series with the 8th seeded Bruins forcing the 1st seed Habs to the limit.

aka Price don't "own" shiznit.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    check his recent record against em.
    and i dont watch too much/listen to the arses on/ tsn/hnic/etc. i just watch.

• :oh_snap:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what a game for datsyuk yesterday
    he leads his team in points, what a vet
    the skill level on dispaly was crazy in a tough game against a tought team
    no oilers miracle tonight okay

Thomas throws some gasoline on the Timmy/Carey debate fire tonight with a 41-save shutout (his 5th) of the league-leading Flyers in Philly, to go to 9-0 on the road this season ... a goalie road win/loss record not seen since 1965 when Glen Hall had the same start for the Hawks. And he earned it, too. The Bruins were actually pretty damn sloppy at times but he is playing out of his mind.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    yes, that's very impressive.

went to the habs game last night...totally not impressive. seemed slow. felt like i was watching uninspired university hockey.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i always loved tim thomas's game (blasphemy i know)
    he could have hit a slump and instead used it to get even stronger
    watching the oilers play defense is some sad shit
    they one a couple of games by throwing defense out the window
    but they ain't no blackhawks
    however we stay true to ourselves and let teams come back
    markov won't be back for a while we need to tighten up
    i LOVE subban this season but its the second time this season that he loses focus at the end of a game

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Was fun watching my boy Datsyuk use the Habs last night!! Seriously.
    Not mad.

Anyone see the Omark penalty shot? I think it was a little over the top.

lol "Dean Youngblood"

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    holy shit
    the balls it takes

• pcmr said:
    holy shit
    the balls it takes

i'm not even mad at him.

he was super pissed when he didn't make the squad at the beginning of the year and now he's going to take the euroman approach to winning the fans support.

he's definitely going to put asses in the rexall place seats though......

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    and the weirdest play of the year goes tooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2010/12/12/1872454/bobby-ryan-scores-with-mikko-koivus-stick

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    we desperatly need this win
    shit is getting tight
    even though we ''lead'' the division

lucky for you the Bruins have been playing like total garbage for weeks :(

• subban is destined for healthy scratch status or the minors [worst case].

if he coughs upthe puck in his own end again, he's signing his own death certificate. 3 goals over 7 game winners for the opposition isn't cutting it.

let's talk about mikey cams dropping the mitts though.....

vintageinfants said:

let's talk about mikey cams dropping the mitts though.....

trust me it was even crazier that Krejci did it.

but of course nobody on the Habs is gonna fight Lucic or Thornton, are they. SMH @ Lapierre.

• i love when goal scorers go eachother, it's like seeing lingerie modeels pillowfight. mikey came up in my hood and i've seen him throw them thangs. he's no bruiser but he embarassed himself by not dummying that softie.

my gf is a lifelong habs fan so i keep up on the keep ups and outside of a COUPLE raw talents, they can't get out of the division unless carey price catches fire pre-playoffs..... and he usually folds like a cheap suitcase come february.

vintageinfants said:
    he's no bruiser but he embarassed himself by not dummying that softie.

that and the fact that Krejci opened him up.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

my gf is a lifelong habs fan so i keep up on the keep ups and outside of a COUPLE raw talents, they can't get out of the division unless carey price catches fire pre-playoffs..... and he usually folds like a cheap suitcase come february.

:eyeroll:

cove said:

Enraged David Krejci takes fight to Habs

By Stephen Harris / Bruins Notebook
    Friday, December 17, 2010

MONTREAL ??? The Canadiens are a despicable and dirty little hockey team that loves to dish out nasty cheap shots, often from behind, often after the whistle ??? and shows not the slightest willingness to back up the stick-work by dropping the gloves.

The Bruins [team stats] David Krejci, of all people, had more than he could stand, and started punching.

In his first NHL fight, Krejci took on Canadiens sniper Mike Cammalleri last night and handled himself quite well.

???That???s all they do, these little things, for the ref it???s hard to see,??? said Krejci after the Habs??? 4-3 win. ???These little guys, they just play like that ??? little elbows and everything, and it???s hard for the ref to see. I just didn???t like the way they do it, and I didn???t like when they do it on me, so that???s what happened.???

Krejci looked to land one or two blows, and Cammalleri was seen with a bloody nose afterward.

???I felt like I got him a couple of times pretty good,??? said Krejci. ???You guys like to talk to me about this fight. I did it. I don???t know the next time I???ll do it again. It just happened.???

the first line is pretty over-the-top, other than that it's a direct quote from a player saying what everyone already knows is true about les Habitants. Can't really call it waahhmbulance when he backed it up on the ice with his fists.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

the first line is pretty over-the-top, other than that it's a direct quote from a player saying what everyone already knows is true about les Habitants

gimme a break. you sound like a division rival.
    yeah, everyone hates the habs...the history, the success, the language issue, whatever.
    calling them what, cheap? dirty? that's laughable.
    The Habs have the best team they've had over 15 years. They're doing it with nothing other than sound hockey and speed and youth.

• covecove 1,566 Posts