Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    awesome!
    they put the wrong track up on #42 tho

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    awesome!

ahem...let's just skip over #42 entirely.

Hahaahaha #41 ---- BIG FAN of Mock Mouland.

ooops alert on #36 too

and yes, i am reading evrey one. the write ups are fun!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    awesome!

Haha I listened to that shit like 3 times thinking I was trippin.

B/W

"Mock Mouland"

Good job all around tho. Some interesting choices no doubt.

the illest shit about #28 is realizing that what tribe was sampling was her amazing amazing voice. it sounds like an instrument

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    They loaded the wrong joint on 36 too

#18...wrong cut off the record

damn.can i get editing credits?

"chocolate salty balls"?????
    PAUSE LOL

penalty flag on #1 for having a picture of aron fucks pressing of impeach.

this whole list is awesome and the write ups are great.

notable exceptions?

no funky drummer, but i guess you could have filled the whole list with james brown samples

god make me funky?
    chameleon?
    leo sayer?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    funky drummer got bumped out by brethren... or that popcorn wiley.

but what I gained from it all, i never put 2&2 together to realize the straighten it out horns were from chocolate buttermilk

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That was fun. Thanks for posting it. I'd forgotten about that "C'mon Wit Da Get Down" Buckwild remix.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I think one of the most blatant bites in rap occurred when Dre and Snoop used the McCullum sample after it was first flipped on the Missin Linx track.

I think one of the most blatant bites in rap occurred when Dre and Snoop used the McCullum sample after it was first flipped on the Missin Linx track.

AND Tash on his solo LP....not that too many were really checking for that....but still.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

That was not a good look. Dre flipped it a little better tho.

• yo this is funny cause i gave the editor the correct songs, titles and also the edits but obviously that didn't work out....but this was fun even I know we missed some..this was done off the top of the head in one take so forgive an old man lol!

amir

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Dre flipped it a little better tho.

a LITTLE better???

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    What about Scaramanga's "Death Letter" remix? Came out around the same time as the MIA track.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    great article. a count of how many people on here own those would be a good answer to the other thread

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Not this same old shit again...

Forget Triggaman or Rock the Beat, some DITC related remix that noone but 14 peole ever heard is obviously faaaar greater than anything like that.

Time to at least get some Pimp C up on that list.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Curious what Kon and Amir used as their criteria for what makes a great sample?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    "That was one of those records that collectors would like to call a face melter. Like it melts your face when you hear it."

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    "That was one of those records that collectros would like to call a face melter. Like it melts your face when you hear it."

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Not this same old shit again...

Forget Triggaman or Rock the Beat, some DITC related remix that noone but 14 peole ever heard is obviously faaaar greater than anything like that.

Time to at least get some Pimp C up on that list.

Yeah guys, next time you should talk to Harvey first.

Make a beat better than Damu the Fudgemunk and then talk.

• well, i did the whole list off the top of the head...so i used these things to determine a great sample/break

a. how big the record was that sampled said sample

b. the impact it had on sample/break collectors at that time

c. how it was used by said produce

d. the originality of the sample

amir

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Make a beat better than Damu the Fudgemunk and then talk.

I know it's about that time where your coffee has worn off and you're slumped over in your cubicle struggling for something clever to write on Soulstrut, but even you can do better than this.

And Amir, no need to explain shit in this thread, IMO.

There are a select number of older head boom bap purists who have over time pigheadedly made themselves into stubborn unwanted dinosaurs. And then there's Day sucking up to them as if they still need their crates to be carried from womb to tomb.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I know where your going Harvey, but isnt it safe to say that the lack of South's Sampledelic stuff isnt on the list because the South's dominance came after the 'Boom Bap' Era?

Even though its supposed to be Of All-Time......