simple question: which funk record is the most..

123457»

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    shaft in africa is like a 25-35 dolla record. not common but it turns up.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    i've never seen "it's just begun" in a store, and i've never EVER seen ANY original cymande LP in a store. we're talking 12 years of collecting and i've never run into either.

troglodyte 45? common. the message 45? kinda common, but LPs? nope. not around here anyway.

superfly gets my "common" vote. i still see that record in thrift stores regularly.

Why do y'all keep talking about STORES? I thought the point was what was common in PERSONAL COLLECTIONS.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I found a pretty skated copy in a collection 2 years ago, but otherwise never seen it in the field. I was pretty psyched..

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I found a pretty skated copy in a collection 2 years ago, but otherwise never seen it in the field. I was pretty psyched..

I think I found 3 copies within 1 year but never saw it again after.
    Here we sometimes bump into the europress on Probe.

It's not a common record at all but copies on ebay go for around $15 sometimes.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    most of those are actually way harder to come across (nb this may be euroman perspective) because people that have them will buy two copies, generally they're good and sought after. eg shaft in africa, never come across it. youd be surprised.

what about

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Most of the records mentioned in this thread are relatively hard to come by with exception of Shaft OST, Isaac Hayes Sweet Soul, & some of the EW & F LP's. IMO Isaac Hayes & Curtis' LP's can be funky as hell but are still Soul.

THE most common funk record must be:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Surely every dude on here has this....don't they?

nope don't have it

Impossible to dislike. This should be in every funkcollection.

Ehh... one tracker; let mine go years ago.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Most of the records mentioned in this thread are relatively hard to come by with exception of Shaft OST, Isaac Hayes Sweet Soul, & some of the EW & F LP's. IMO Isaac Hayes & Curtis' LP's can be funky as hell but are still Soul.

THE most common funk record must be:

Good call.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I've never owned the B.T. Express album. I liked their earliest records from '74/75, but never had the deep-down hunger to buy them, as common as they are.

As far as the Meters...I have several records of theirs, but not that one. (And before the "WTF?" reactions pour in, I have a lot of those songs on 45's and compilations, so it's not like the LP is totally foreign to me.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

Surely every dude on here has this....don't they?

nope don't have it

Impossible to dislike. This should be in every funkcollection.

Ehh... one tracker; let mine go years ago.

Maybe but sometimes one track is all it takes.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    OK, still working on the common artist thing. Anyone not have a single LP by.
    Marvin
    Curtis
    James
    Isaac
    Aretha
    Nina
    Mandrill
    War
    Parliament
    Sly
    Jimmy Castor
    Meters