simple question: which funk record is the most..

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
common in strutter-mans collection??? That means a common ass record thats still good enough to keep at least one copy of...so what would that joint be if you went through all of soulstruts crates???i gave the matter some serious thought just now, first i was gonna say a James Brown record, then Curtis or maybe a Kool&theGang, but then this came to mind..care to share your opinion??

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Surely every dude on here has this....don't they?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    nah.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    cymande. i hope

everyone should have kool and the gang-light of worlds
    probably my favorite koolnda gang

• James Brown - Payback
    Curtis - Superfly

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

id say to what ive seen, shaft in africa seems to be more raer than the just out side of town lp, not sure if thats just location related?????

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    cymande. i hope

Yeah, these guys and K&TG... though I'd suggest their Wild & Peaceful album is pretty much the essential title. Relatively common and also just really good IMO.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    I have all records mentioned so far - but lets include Ohio Players' Pain, Pleasure and Ecstasy trilogy for good measure. Or Funkadelic "One Nation" - i cant live without this tune:

James Brown - Payback

but on the JB tip, this is much more common, no ?

cymande. i hope

theres four lps all in all if im counting correctly, and thats including the fake one.. but im under the impression that u are refering to the message album..

cymande. i hope

theres four lps all in all if im counting correctly, and thats including the fake one.. but im under the impression that u are refering to the message album..

of course. self titled and easiest to find. and one of the best records around

I have all records mentioned so far - but lets include Ohio Players' Pain, Pleasure and Ecstasy trilogy for good measure. Or Funkadelic "One Nation"

that goes for me too, all records mentioned, comparing though, im still voting for the mandrill.. might be wrong ???

OR..........

Curtis - Superfly

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

i walked (i walked and walked)
    like a zombie in the niiiiight

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

But this is a soul record.

My guess is a JB's record...one of these

common in strutter-mans collection??? That means a common ass record thats still good enough to keep at least one copy of...so what would that joint be if you went through all of soulstruts crates???

i gave the matter some serious thought just now, first i was gonna say a James Brown record, then Curtis or maybe a Kool&theGang, but then this came to mind..

care to share your opinion??

I don't think this is a common-ass record.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If you don't have this, never speak to me again...

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    I'm going to go with Superfly.

on the isaac hayes note, id rate his ost tough guys lp as his most common, also turns up more frequently than super fly, prolly the most common of all blaxploitation albums actually.. and a good record too, but yeah, maad common!

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts

o yeah, doubles

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

A clean Food For Thought, while not , ain't exactly an easy pull.

Evreyone probably has Cymande / Superfly / KATG / Mandrill , though. Gotta be one of those.

daaamn
    im not proud saying this, but i never owned a copy of this nugget

i walked (i walked and walked)
    like a zombie in the niiiiight

yeah light of worlds is great street corner symphony is my shiit

to my knowledge though live at the sex machine is more common, and from that particular period in time, id say the most common of their albums has to be love and understanding..

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

common in strutter-mans collection??? That means a common ass record thats still good enough to keep at least one copy of...so what would that joint be if you went through all of soulstruts crates???

i gave the matter some serious thought just now, first i was gonna say a James Brown record, then Curtis or maybe a Kool&theGang, but then this came to mind..

care to share your opinion??

I don't think this is a common-ass record.

OK...i might be mistaken on this here (?)

ANY STRUTTER MEN OR WOMEN PLEASE REPORT TO THIS THREAD IF U AINT GOT THIS OR OTHER LPS MENTIONED.. so we'll be able to cast a verdict on which is the most common collectors funk item on the strut!!!

• Have never had the Mandrill or Kool & The Gangs "light of worlds".

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Ain't got Mandrill or Isaac Hayes. I had most of the others during the years, but sold them.

To be clear, I understood common-ass as a record one sees in most record stores. I have that Mandrill record, but did not see it before I bought it and have not seen it since.

If you mean common-ass to Strutters, then I did not read your initial post correctly.

Either way, I'll be surprised if it is that Mandrill record.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    OR..........

Curtis - Superfly