NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    LAKERS ARE MOTHERFUCKIN KILLIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I don't get Cuban's crusade against the refs. Yeah they suck, but is it really helping his team?

Life Lesson #273

"It's not about what's best for your team, it's about right and wrong".

Mav's took it to the hoop tonight....didn't depend on the outside jumper.

If they do that the rest of the way they'll have a shot.

If DeJuan Blair was 6:10 he'd be a star in a year or two.

• Options

I don't get Cuban's crusade against the refs. Yeah they suck, but is it really helping his team?

Life Lesson #273

If I thought he was always right when he complains that would be one thing, I suppose. But I don't.

Cuban seems to be one of those owners who wants to be part of the action even if it hurts his team in the end.

Life Lesson #273

If I thought he was always right when he complains that would be one thing, I suppose. But I don't.

Cuban seems to be one of those owners who wants to be part of the action even if it hurts his team in the end.

Very few of us are always right.

When your team has an overall 65% winning percentage but less than 20% when a specific ref is on the court I want my owner to stomp David Stern a new mudhole.

I truly believe that Cuban's bitching was instrumental in busting Tim Donaghy.

And I certainly don't think he was an isolated incident.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Brendon Heywood

Brendon Heywood

At least no one will call him Brenda!!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

If DeJuan Blair was 6:10 he'd be Nazr or Rasho instead of Malik Rose

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

hahaha. That's pretty accurate.

• Options

Life Lesson #273

Very few of us are always right.

When your team has an overall 65% winning percentage but less than 20% when a specific ref is on the court I want my owner to stomp David Stern a new mudhole.

And I certainly don't think he was an isolated incident.

So why are the refs busting on the Mavs?

Is it Cuban's bitching, or some sort of evil conspiracy?

And if all the bitching (which has been happening for years and years) still hasn't changed anything, is it hurting his team? Would an owner who really cared about winning keep on behaving in a way that seemed to be having a negative effect?

And if all the bitching (which has been happening for years and years) still hasn't changed anything

You sound like a Celtics fan.

Let's dig into this.....

Blair is a Rookie and closer to 6:5 than his listed 6:8.

He averaged 18 minutes per game in his rookie year.

If you extrapolate out his numbers to 35 minutes a game his stats look like this.

Blair - 12.4 Rebounds - 15.1 points per game

Now let's look at Dwight Howard's stats at 35 minutes per game

Howard - 13.2 Rebounds - 18.3 points per game

Sure, Blair got to play a lot of "clean up" minutes against bench players.

But give this guy 5 inches more of height and 2-3 years in the League and it's easy to speculate that he'd be damn good.

Of course we'll never know....however, I'd take him over Nazr or Rasha right now.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    That's a really questionable comparison though. Dejuan is not being double and triple teamed by NBA starters. And like you said, a fair amount of his minutes are during "garbage time" when he's beating up on end of the bench players. But still, I support the guy, he's working hard, playing tough, and getting results. Good for him for proving all those draft analyses wrong so far.

That's a really questionable comparison though. Dejuan is not being double and triple teamed by NBA starters. And like you said, a fair amount of his minutes are during "garbage time" when he's beating up on end of the bench players. But still, I support the guy, he's working hard, playing tough, and getting results. Good for him for proving all those draft analyses wrong so far.

Absolutely questionable and probably not realistic.

Just trying to put some perspective on what the Blair has done as a 2nd round pick rook.

He's no Dwight Howard....never will be....but he's not Nazr either and my premise was how good he would be if he was as tall as those guys....I would take a 6:10 DeJuan Blair over 1,000 Erica Dampiers.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    ....I would take a 6:10 DeJuan Blair Roseanne Barr over 1,000 Erica Dampiers.

And yeah Rock, I feel ya. But if Dejuan was 6'10", he'd likely have been an early 1st rounder instead of 37th overall.

....I would take a 6:10 DeJuan Blair Roseanne Barr over 1,000 Erica Dampiers.

Well she's certainly more offensive than Damp.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    zing!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I see how you Mavs fans roll. J/K.

Bacsik is a douchebag who had a brief swim through MLB and is best known for giving up Barry Bonds record breaking HR.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Bacsik is a douchebag who had a brief swim through MLB and is best known for giving up Barry Bonds record breaking HR.

Oh, he's that guy huh. I got this gist of his douchebaggery by that little foray into his Twitter. It says a lot about a person that they work in broadcasting yet completely go off the deepend in a public forum. You could even take away the racism and the dude still looks like a piece of crap.

However, I agree with Mavs nation about the referee situation. The numbers speak for themselves.

• Doesn't he not have ACL's or something? I though that was why he fell to the second round..

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Doesn't he not have ACL's or something? I though that was why he fell to the second round..

Yup, that's why teams were reluctant to draft him. It's debatable whether you actually need the ACL to play/run/jump, but it sounds like an important muscle in the long run...

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2009/06/a-d...ical-histories/

Still not sure what Kerr & Co were doing drafting Taylor Griffin a few spots after DeJuan in the 09 draft when they could have taken Patrick Mills, etc

It doesn't get much more ridiculous than this.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ^^^ Considering how much Stern, Stu Jackson, and the refs hate the Suns and Sarver (Donaghy anyone?), I'm cool with this

Wow. They have all this instant replay bullshit, how do they not correct that? Do refs like Crawford have "absolute power" in the NBA? My word is the law and all that? Boo.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Foul should have been on Hill for the moving screen if anything.

it was a foul....probably not something that should be called in a playoff game but still a foul......the only fuck up was sending Nash to the line and not Hill.

Let's dig into this.....

Blair is a Rookie and closer to 6:5 than his listed 6:8.

He averaged 18 minutes per game in his rookie year.

If you extrapolate out his numbers to 35 minutes a game his stats look like this.

Blair - 12.4 Rebounds - 15.1 points per game

Now let's look at Dwight Howard's stats at 35 minutes per game

Howard - 13.2 Rebounds - 18.3 points per game

Sure, Blair got to play a lot of "clean up" minutes against bench players.

But give this guy 5 inches more of height and 2-3 years in the League and it's easy to speculate that he'd be damn good.

Of course we'll never know....however, I'd take him over Nazr or Rasha right now.

i like Blair so far....perfect fit for San Antonio.....i admit i slept on his potential.....reminded me of "Big Baby" who i slept on too

• East is a lock... only team i see with a chance is maybe The Bucks.

i sort of forgot that Bogut's hurt. still see them winning before any of the other Eastern underdogs, though