NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Unmoved.
    dismantled.

• Unmoved.
    dismantled.

Well, there was only one blowout in the series and that was for us. All the games we lost were close. But mentally the Mavs were dismantled I guess.

It just seems our own coach bungled the whole deal. His rotations were mystifying. I'm not some lone gunman out here thinking this.

George Hill was the swing factor in the series. He was remarkable. Seemingly Roddy B could've been. Man, Roddy B just floats out there. I look forward to watching his game develop.

• Oh and Dirk was phenomenal....but he was sooo gassed in just leading us back...why run 6 straight ISOs for him at the end. No ball movement. JET was terrible.

It's funny.....sad...whatever....we're in a 5+ minute drought and we come out of a freaking timeout running an ISO for *Marion*!!! WTF????

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So do u send the same team in next year or blow shit up?

• So do u send the same team in next year or blow shit up?

I don't really know the answer to that but I hope they don't send the exact same team back out.

Short-term answer: only hope to really maybe win a chip next year is to get Dirk to stay and pair him w/ a true superstar.

Otherwise, a tear-down seemingly is in order. Donnie, Jr is not even really a competent GM. Carlisle is probably more suited to coach in the EC. You have some really bad contracts on the squad. We need a PROGRAM. That's what the Spurs have. A system. A ooach. A front office....they develop so much great talent. The Mavs run around spending money w/ no rudder and it makes for an offensive brand of basketball that isn't suited for the brightest of lights.

So yeah, keep Dirk. Bring in Lebron or Wade. Back up a Brinks truck to Phillip's house. Pray.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

George Hill was the swing factor in the series. He was remarkable. Seemingly Roddy B could've been. Man, Roddy B just floats out there. I look forward to watching his game develop.

on all of this. Roddy B is George Hill last season, which means next season, dude is gonna go off.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I been liking George Hill since last season quite a bit. You won't hear me say that about a Spurs player too often.

Just saw a commercial for "Just Wright". They can't be serious.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    lol

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    BRING IT ON SPURS

"SWARMING PHOENIX SUNS DEFENSE"
    -DOUG COLLINS

"DEFENSIVE MINDED PHOENIX SUNS"
    -SIR CHARLES

Dude the Suns defense only looked good because the Blazers best player missed the beginning of the series and then came back with a clipped wing. In the regular season Brandon Roy owned Jason Richardson and made him a defensive liability - in the playoffs, without the presence of Roy, Richardson was able to go off.

Suns > Spurs
    Lakers > Utah
    Cleveland > Boston

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Milwaukee is sucking, but did anyone just see that Jennings layup? Ridackulous!

Notorious JVG giving Phoenix defense props during the LAL v Utah game lol

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Notorious JVG giving Phoenix defense props during the LAL v Utah game lol

Lakers' perimeter shooting STILL sucks ass.

Jazz/Lakers is so damn boring....

STILL not convinced with HOW the Lakers are winning.

He was pointing out how Phoenix's defense was probably better than the Jazz's based on how the game was going

Lebron back to back MVP = whoa

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

He deserves it.

Suns in 7
    if we have RoLo, Suns in 6
    Goodbye Timmah
    Goodbye Ginosbleed
    Goodbye Tony Longoria
    please to ready fishing tackle box

• chrisflyerchrisflyer 275 Posts

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

He deserves it.

Vindicated!

This round is kinda boring from a national audience perspective. Does anyone think a hobbled Jazz team can beat L.A., that the almost-lost-to-the-Bucks Atlanta squad can take down Orlando, that Sheed and Them can beat Lebron? The only series that really looks solid on paper is Phoenix-San Antonio.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The only series that really looks solid on paper is Phoenix-San Antonio.

For real. And the other problem: Neither one of those teams can beat the goddamn motherfu[/b]cking Lakers.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Catnip for days. I'm pretty sure resident LAT grumpus Simers has already taken a few shots.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Kobe looks weird in those photos...like a cross between Paul Mooney and Captain Picard.

The only series that really looks solid on paper is Phoenix-San Antonio.

For real. And the other problem: Neither one of those teams can beat the goddamn motherfu[/b]cking Lakers.

we shall see

From Paul Coro's Suns Dish blog:

Suns-Spurs by the #s

Phoenix Suns update:

29-4 ... Suns' record when Jason Richardson scores 20 points or more.

16-4 ... Spurs' record when Richard Jefferson
    scores 20 points or more.

4-12 ... Suns' playoff record against San Antonio since pairing Steve Nash and Amar'e Stoudemire.

24-4 ... Spurs' record when they make 40 percent of their 3-pointers.

2 ... Times the Suns have won a series with home-court advantage against the Spurs in five tries.

30 ... San Antonio's league ranking in opponent turnovers (12.6 per game)

19 & 12 .... Steve Nash's averages this season with at least two days rest.

8 ... Dallas' first-quarter points in its elimination game Thursday against San Antonio.

0 ... Times the Suns trailed in the second half of their four playoff wins against Portland.

22 ... Years it had been since the Suns had three consecutive 110-point games against San Antonio until this season.

48 .... Manu Ginobili's career high, which came against the Suns in January 2005.

34.3 ... Ginobili's shooting percentage against Phoenix in three games this season.

3,883 ... Playoff points that Tim Duncan has scored to put him in eight on the all-time list.

5 ... Gregg Popovich's playoff winning percentage ranking in NBA history. He is 106-65 (.620).

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Kobe looks weird in those photos...like a cross between Paul Mooney and Captain Picard.

^^^Funny, but accurate post.^^^

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

^^^Funny, but accurate post.^^^

Is this surprising?

RE: Playoffs

I like the Suns, but I know they won't likely make it to the final series. F the rest of the West, I couldn't root for any of those teams. I like the Hawks but I know they likely won't make it to the final series. F the rest of the East except Cleveland. I just want to see them win so Lebron will stay there and make the summer more interesting for fans of teams who think he is their savior.

Oh and this shit is priceless:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yuichi??