DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    on the weekend, my girl was wearing these new boots/shoes she got for the first time.... they zip up in the back. about an hour into shopping, she sits down, calmly takes one off and wipes off the blood [seemingly] pouring out of the back of her heel, and puts the shoes back on without so much as a shrug of the shoulders. you girls are crazy.

Did you take the hint and carry her the rest of the way?

fountains of blood bleed forth from my heels
    cannot you see, Vintage? my love for you is real

• ps. her hiding her Sole Struck addiction vs. me hiding my Soul Strut addiction has been pretty funny.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Almond said:
    elise said:
    I've been looking for a good reason to wear these knar-knars. I feel like a giant in them, though.

They look perfect for fall. I feel the same way about tall heels. I feel like they make me look twiggier than usual. Therefore I wear New Balances and front in this thread like I actually walk around in stilettos. /confession

Ha! Cute. Yeah I don't know what I was thinking. Steep hills and heels are not a lovely combo. I guess, I too, just like to look at them.

Ha! Cute. Yeah I don't know what I was thinking. Steep hills and heels are not a lovely combo. I guess, I too, just like to look at them.

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has a wall full of pretty things, kicks and teh raer that they just sit in a chair and look at.

By the way, going to my first Muslim (Shia) wedding this weekend! I guess I'll have to put some of my big girl accessories to use. I'm doing some of the reception set-up, which should be good.

Double.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Almond said:

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has a wall full of pretty things, kicks and teh raer that they just sit in a chair and look at.

Yeah, we're such addicts! ;)

• on the weekend, my girl was wearing these new boots/shoes she got for the first time.... they zip up in the back. about an hour into shopping, she sits down, calmly takes one off and wipes off the blood [seemingly] pouring out of the back of her heel, and puts the shoes back on without so much as a shrug of the shoulders. you girls are crazy.

Did you take the hint and carry her the rest of the way?

fountains of blood bleed forth from my heels
    cannot you see, Vintage? my love for you is real

she denied me the privilege.... despite my pleading. even denying me the pleasure of siring a noble steed of two wheeled segway'd elegance for the remainder of our sojourn.

..... dames, huh?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Almond said:
    Dr. Scholl's Blister Defense, which is just glorified Vaseline. Might as well use a cheap chap stick.

Why is there a band-aid hanging off the strap of your sling backs?

Ew.

I don't understand what a lubricant does other than muss up your shoes. How does it prevent blisters when there is non-stop rubbing of shoe against skin?

I would also turn down being carried. I would ask that we walk very very slow and if the opportunity comes at a later date, that he please make fun of me about it in a kind way.

Only once was I in enough pain that I bought a pair of shoes because the ones I had on were hurting so bad. I went from supercute black patent leather flats to Vans slip-ons.

• vending machine with $5 flats/slippers.

.....im already working on it.

I don't understand what a lubricant does other than muss up your shoes. How does it prevent blisters when there is non-stop rubbing of shoe against skin?

I would also turn down being carried. I would ask that we walk very very slow and if the opportunity comes at a later date, that he please make fun of me about it in a kind way.

Never tried it, but I think it reduces friction. Gliding vs tugging kinda thing.

I'd probably turn down being carried due to reluctance to admit I made a poor footwear choice. I almost always wear socks, though, so I dont have that problem. I just look like a fool for wearing socks.

Yes and Yes.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    I need the ones on the right!

I definitely thought of you when I saw them. The round buckle bugs me a bit, but everything else is perfect.
    I love the flourescent pair - and they are a reasonable height!

I've really been digging Scandinavian-inspired fair isle sweaters. They can border on ugly-sweater and feel a bit granny, but I have a soft spot for scarves and cardis and these fit right in. I also have a strange infatuation with the crisp white + cherry red color combo.

(love the thick cowl and glittered helmet carried like a handbag)

Double.

Triple?

• Almond said:

ugh.

no thank you

I love them even though they are ugly.

Almond said:

Not a fan of the colour scheme, but these are really nice.

bassie said:

Not a fan of the colour scheme, but these are really nice.

They're also available in grey. I really like neutrals and muted tones. And earth tones and jewel tones. I pretty much dig any color scheme. Except maybe neons, but those have their place, too.

Jak&Jil; just relaunched and it looks incredible. This site has surpassed Sartorialist for me - Tommy Ton has topshelf, completely on-point taste. His photos have beautiful composition and the site is not weighed down (yet) by product promotions, book launches and sponsors.
    I've looked at the first 6 pages something like 10 times in the past couple of weeks. Stunning!

• ?????????????????????????????????????

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

Co-signature ladies

• ladies, i've been seeing a lot more of this on my daily hustle through the fashion sites and to perfectly honest, it's a little unnerving.

is this us dudes getting the bill for all those guys running around manscaping and tinting? please dont take the one thing we have that we cant fuck up.

That shirt needs to be tucked in.

Don't worry, you still have the boardrooms, the banks, the government, the military, cheaper haircuts and the best designed sneakers stocked in your size. :bizzo:

I'm a big fan of androgyny, so I can't agree. Also, clothes for women are presently SO AWFUL and I am too scared of bedbugs to shop vintage, so like this gal, I basically dress like a dude. Not a suit&tie;, mind you. So yea, I guess you can have that.

Wait, no. I take it back. It's too hot to give up.

• bassie said:

I'm a big fan of androgyny, so I can't agree.

to be clear, you're strictly a fan of female to male androgyny, right? dudes shouldn't even wear shirts with buttons on the left.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

dudes shouldn't even wear shirts with buttons on the left.

I ain't scared.

Found a few fly ass shirts at thrift stores. Didn't know they were women's 'til I tried 'em on. They're constructed JUST like men's shirts as far as boxy ass shape, print and everything. Nothing feminine about 'em (not that I'm scared of that). They may not even be women's come to think of it.

(For the record, I've never had bed bugs in my life and I've stayed in all sorts of places and shopped in all kinds of thrift stores. Maybe their little wussy asses can't stand the desert heat?)

No, androgyny period.

I grew up with Bowie, Boy George, Grace Jones, Annie Lennox, Sinead O'Connor and that model Jenny Shimizu. It's worked its way into my aesthetics and made a home.