DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    elise said:

Christian Louboutin 8-Inch high stiletto pumps...hmmmmm.

Knarly.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    ahhhhhhhgggggg - whyyyyyyy?

you are brave enough to pair tangerine with deep blue and venture out as a Christo and Jeanne Claude installation...only to throw on a pair of Woolworth's black pumps? And if that's a black purse strap I see on your left shoulder, I am pretending it's not there.
    SMH.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts

bassie said:

i remembered what these sandals on him reminded me of. it reminds me of this bad painting of a man sitting on a mountain i bought thrifting for a friend as a joke.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

if these were cream or bone-colored, i would go for it. i love the tiny sliver of a wood stacked heel

edith head said:
    bassie said:

i remembered what these sandals on him reminded me of. it reminds me of this bad painting of a man sitting on a mountain i bought thrifting for a friend as a joke.

Oh! heh heh (trying to not use lol) - I have to admit that I think Vincent here pulls them off, too!

We named him Gary. He's definitely not pulling off the denim-on-denim though

Oh yea. Gary definitely works.

You're right. I think it's because he's trying to mix rough trade-lite shorts with preppy, boy-next-door button-down. It's not so much the denim as it is the mixed messages.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Picked these up for $40 at Nordstrom's Last Chance yesterday. Just now I made the mistake of Googling them and discovered this video. I almost barfed on 'em.

"They even have punch holes detailing throughout for even more steez - huh - that's style with ease."

UGH.

• Anybody else scoop up any of the Missoni For Target collection today? I got a couple ties, a scarf, some socks, pillows and a duvet set, as well as some items for some lady friends. Was hoping to get a couple bikes for resell (or maybe keep just one) but we only got a few in town and they sold out quickly.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-targets-website-crashes-after-missoni-launch-20110913,0,3282045.story

b/w

I think I'm the only one that still cares about this thread.

Herm said:

It's hardly about Heels anymore.

• bassie said:
    Herm said:

It's hardly about Heels anymore.

Is that a bad thing? Should I start another thread? I just figured I'd use this one to streamline things.

• Herm said:

b/w

i lurk in the shadows.

• Herm said:

The bikes are cute. Otherwise, I don't really get all the Missoni hype:

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    The Missoni hype for me was all about the kids clothes. My girls are going to look F-L-Y once it gets chilly up in here. The (almost) 2 year old especially.

I also got a very useful serving tray for the home.

Still love this thread.
    JRoot

I am generally not a big fan of all b&w and the shoes don't really go with the outfit, but there are a lot of good things going on here. The skirt being the best part.

I am sick of black nail polish. Can this trend please fade already?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I've been looking for a good reason to wear these knar-knars. I feel like a giant in them, though.

Photobucket

elise said:
    I've been looking for a good reason to wear these knar-knars. I feel like a giant in them, though.

They look perfect for fall. I feel the same way about tall heels. I feel like they make me look twiggier than usual. Therefore I wear New Balances and front in this thread like I actually walk around in stilettos. /confession

I don't wear heels taller than 3" but I love shoes so it's all fair game to fawn over or pan.

One of my favourite female things is a long gal in long heels.
    "Yea, I'm tall....and I'm about to get taller!" **

** Being-5'2"-but-6'3"-in-my-head-related

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    I don't wear heels taller than 3"

ban

bassie said:
    I don't wear heels taller than 3" but I love shoes so it's all fair game to fawn over or pan.

One of my favourite female things is a long gal in long heels.
    "Yea, I'm tall....and I'm about to get taller!" **

** Being-5'2"-but-6'3"-in-my-head-related

Too-tall heels can look ridonkulous. My fellow grad students look like they're on the verge of homelessness. If I added sequined pumps to my tattered garb, I'd look like the prostitutes that hang out by the light rail station.

And I'm perfectly content with being 5'3". Added height would detract from my cuteness.

Oh weird, I had it in my head you're like 6' tall!

Tall heels are fine as long as the person can actually walk in them. They look ridiculous to me when they mean shaky, teetering, can't-walk-with-a-straight-back-or-knees movements.
    Or if they're ugly shoes.

You forgot to mention the resulting blisters. Unsightly, red and peeling, they easily defeat the momentary sexyness achieved. And eff all the cremes and Scotch tape solutions we desperately try to use in order to prevent said blistering.

Ha! People either call me tiny or mistake me for being tall.

I haven't had new shoes blisters in years! I now put the band-aid on right away - not once the blisters start, break the shoes in, avoid painful abrasions and that's that.
    There are creams to prevent blisters????

• on the weekend, my girl was wearing these new boots/shoes she got for the first time.... they zip up in the back. about an hour into shopping, she sits down, calmly takes one off and wipes off the blood [seemingly] pouring out of the back of her heel, and puts the shoes back on without so much as a shrug of the shoulders. you girls are crazy.

EDIT: they were these..... which are jeffrey campbell.... and therefore worth the pain apparently.

Dr. Scholl's Blister Defense, which is just glorified Vaseline. Might as well use a cheap chap stick.

Why is there a band-aid hanging off the strap of your sling backs? What are you going to do with that glitter and Vaseline?f