Republicans FTLose.

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't see you asking but I can detect a little cry for help within your strident posts.

Don't be afraid, reach out.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm willing to let my tax money be used to help analog_tape with his mental disability

I care about my fellow man like that

I have no mental disability. As a matter of fact I work my ass off and pay over $3,000 a month for my mortgage, my sons daycare and health coverage do you see me asking for help. No.

Hey, is your son going to go to public school? Are my taxes going to help pay for that? Should I get a say in that? Because if so, I want to see his finger-painting NOW so I can evaluate whether my money is going to be well-spent.

Or maybe I don't like my taxes being spent so that the federal government can insure the bank that holds your mortgage. Or maybe I think the police only need to be in my hood, not yours.

You see my point?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I don't see you asking but I can detect a little cry for help within your strident posts.

Don't be afraid, reach out.

why hasn't this been posted yet -

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I think it was Ezra Klein yesterday who said, "I hear all these people yelling about freedom, apparently their most precious freedom is the freedom to not be able to afford health insurance"

• I'm willing to let my tax money be used to help analog_tape with his mental disability

I care about my fellow man like that

I have no mental disability. As a matter of fact I work my ass off and pay over $3,000 a month for my mortgage, my sons daycare and health coverage do you see me asking for help. No.

Hey, is your son going to go to public school? Are my taxes going to help pay for that? Should I get a say in that? Because if so, I want to see his finger-painting NOW so I can evaluate whether my money is going to be well-spent.

Or maybe I don't like my taxes being spent so that the federal government can insure the bank that holds your mortgage. Or maybe I think the police only need to be in my hood, not yours.

You see my point?

My taxes also pay for the things you mentioned, i put plenty of money back into the economy. I'm tired of seeing people getting paid for doing nothing all day.

P.S. i'm also getting a kick out of seeing all of you defending this

This and your previous post just sounds petty. Be thankful you don't have a mental disability. Be compassionate to those who can't help themselves. Stop giving a F*ck about what others have and how they got it.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    But do gloat over those that you defeat along the way...extremely important that you do this.

But do gloat over those that you defeat along the way.

The American dream? (WC-R)

• My taxes also pay for the things you mentioned, i put plenty of money back into the economy. I'm tired of seeing people getting paid for doing nothing all day.

what about people with disabilities who are unable to work? i suppose they should just shrivel up ad die.

government does have role in providing basic safety nets for those most in need (and there but for the grace of god go all of us).

• I have no mental disability. As a matter of fact I work my ass off and pay over $3,000 a month for my mortgage, my sons daycare and health coverage do you see me asking for help. No.

This and your previous post just sounds petty. Be thankful you don't have a mental disability. Be compassionate to those who can't help themselves. Stop giving a F*ck about what others have and how they got it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I'm getting a kick out of seeing your political agenda take a massive L.

Deal.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

See what I'm saying? ^^^Essential.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Im getting a kick out of joining the rest of the civilised world in our chorus of laughter directed squarely at people that think just like you.

surely you have bigger things to worry about than the fact that your country wants to provide medicine for sick people?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

See what I'm saying? ^^^Essential.

Exactly: politics > governance.

I am curious if this is the same phenom in parliamentary societies? I mean, we gave the two-party system in the U.S. a lot of shit (and for good reason based on our elected leaders' attitudes) but I don't necessarily get the sense that multi-party governments are any more functional.

• F*ck the world, don't ask me for shit
    And everything you get ya gotta work hard for it

- Biggie

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    He'll yeah I'm gonna gloat a little...policy made by anachronistic old white men with antiquated worldviews took a baby step towards death yesterday and I am happy about it. So, yes I will point and laugh Nelson muntz style. Yea it isn't a huge leap, but it's a start.

• F*ck the world, don't ask me for shit

- Biggie

wow, that's like super profound.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    F*ck the world, don't ask me for shit

- Biggie

The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I totally look to cartoon gangsters for my moral compass

that & the ancient scribblings of superstitious shepherds

can't forget them

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Many states already tax the hell out of tobacco and alcohol.

Really??? Not anywhere I've been to. Compared to what taxes we pay in Canada on alcohol.

Give you an example. Last time I was in the states I saw a 12 pack of Molson Canadian selling for $12 US.

That is a Canadian beer imported into the US. What is the same price for that in Canada? $20.50 CND. And our money is still at par.

Thousands of Canadians go into the US and bring back alcohol and cigs every day.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Give you an example. Last time I was in the states I saw a 12 pack of Molson Canadian selling for $12 US.

That is a Canadian beer imported into the US. What is the same price for that in Canada? $20.50 CND. And our money is still at par.

that's like Communism & shit

the Canadian Govt also has a monopoly on the selling of alcohol

that's like Communism & shit

the Canadian Govt also has a monopoly on the selling of alcohol

Most, but not all... Quebec doesn't. And in some provinces wines and micro brews,etc...

But yeah, pretty much.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Quebec doesn't.

Them dudes should secede and create a Tea Party/Frenchie state where booze and smokes are untaxed and everybody bootstraps.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

- Biggie

How do you feel like paying for

Probably how most feel like after a 7 year war that should have never happened, based on crappy evidence. You would have a trillion dollars right now that could have helped get your national health care going...

Forget all that people sitting on their asses shit. The fact that hundreds, if not thousands of Americans go bankrupt every day because of health care costs (Because of things like majorly inflated fees or denied health care coverage) should be more than enough a good reason.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I'm just stoked I get to see some death panels finally. I could refinish my whole living room with death panels. They would make the amber lamp really pop!

b/w

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    kind of assuming we just socialized medicine in America. And no, we didn't.

Erm, so what did happen?

Yeah, what did happen? If it isn't anything as radical as that, why are so many people on the right acting as if the next stop is a gulag in every town?

In terms of pure politics, the right wing is still going off the infamous strategy memo Bill Kristol wrote back during the Clinton administration that said that if Democrats pull off health care reform, the GOP will lose the middle class vote. That being the case, the right wing pulled out all the stops to oppose reform, and that means going with the GOP's strength: These sort of gut-level emotional pleas about how the end of the world is nigh.

• Options

- Biggie

Since you have a mortgage I'm betting you take the tax deduction for the interest you pay on it. In other words other taxpayers are subsidizing your mortgage. You pay less in taxes because of that deduction. Subsidizing health care costs is exactly the same sort of idea. This bill will help a lot of people afford health care just like the mortgage deduction helps a lot of people (LIKE YOU) afford their house.

- Biggie

Since you have a mortgage I'm betting you take the tax deduction for the interest you pay on it. In other words other taxpayers are subsidizing your mortgage. You pay less in taxes because of that deduction. Subsidizing health care costs is exactly the same sort of idea. This bill will help a lot of people afford health care just like the mortgage deduction helps a lot of people (LIKE YOU) afford their house.

Shit. We don't even have this in Canada. You commies...