Republicans FTLose.

14567810»

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    David Frum, the author of the column in the original post, just got canned from the think tank he worked for.

Damn!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    David Frum, the author of the column in the original post, just got canned from the think tank he worked for.

Damn!

Ouch. True colors time!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Damn!

Ouch. True colors time!

Bruce Bartlett, who suffered a similar fate for criticizing Bush Jr., has an intersting note on that front.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Damn!

Ouch. True colors time!

Bruce Bartlett, who suffered a similar fate for criticizing Bush Jr., has an intersting note on that front.

check the comments:
    http://capitalgainsandgames.com/blog/bru...ud#comment-6535

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    LOL, Raj, man. Raj.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Damn!

Ouch. True colors time!

Raj wins the internets!

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts

Raj wins the internets!

Capitalgainsandgames comedy gold!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

Damn!

Ouch. True colors time!

Raj wins the internets!

lol! seriously, somebody give this man a Wendy's baked potato.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I don't hang out in too many airport bars but I do have friends that are doctors and they all agree that a good percentage of the tests they recommend are unecessary and strictly a CYA move to avoid malpractice suits.

Tort reform needs to happen sooner than later.

There's an even more expensive cause of rising health care costs: the pay for service model (as opposed to a pay for outcome model) we currently operate under. It turns out that while doctors are 'covering' their asses, they are raking in more money. The hospitals that are providing the best and least expensive care, like the Mayo clinic, are doing so by having doctors monitor other doctors' practices for over use of services and reducing the self-interested over prescription by putting them on salaries. This is exactly what the president said we should do nationally but conservatives claim that this is going to interfere with the doctor patient relationship. It seems that the GOPers want it both ways, no oversight and better care. Until, we start holding folks accountable based upon science and facts, lowering costs is going to be near impossible.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Epic guys. I am sure that these political threads will result in the eventual downfall of soulstrut. So many hurt feelings, unintended & maybe intended insults. Questionable viewpoints and bad looks put out in the open. A Biggie quote too, for god's sake??!! Unbelievable.

• A Biggie quote too, for god's sake??!! Unbelievable[/b].

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Two things...

1. People need to ease up on the "fatty" talk. Not to get all uber PC, but there are people who struggle with it their whole lives and are on this very board in this very thread. Have some tact.

2. This schitt is getting outta hand.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34907.html

Gun sights w/red marks for those who've announced their retirement might not be the best idea right about now.

I'm not American, but I have a question.

This isn't about the Bill itself, but about the way people are behaving. Which I find fascinating and very scary at the same time.

Would it be right to blame Carl Rove for this kind of behavior?

I mean he got Bush elected and re-elected by politizing these nuts and getting them into the polling booths. It started with the bible bashers, and now it seems to have spread to every maniac with an internet connection.

It was all well and good for the these guys when they could vote and get what they want (Bush). But now with the Obama regime, they've had their vote and its let them down. So in their minds the next logical step use their right to "free speech" and take things into their own hands vis a vis death threats etc..

please correct me if i'm wrong.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Two things...

1. People need to ease up on the "fatty" talk. Not to get all uber PC, but there are people who struggle with it their whole lives and are on this very board in this very thread. Have some tact.

2. This schitt is getting outta hand.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34907.html

Gun sights w/red marks for those who've announced their retirement might not be the best idea right about now.

This isn't about the Bill itself, but about the way people are behaving. Which I find fascinating and very scary at the same time.

I mean he got Bush elected and re-elected by politizing these nuts and getting them into the polling booths. It started with the bible bashers, and now it seems to have spread to every maniac with an internet connection.

It was all well and good for the these guys when they could vote and get what they want (Bush). But now with the Obama regime, they've had their vote and its let them down. So in their minds the next logical step use their right to "free speech" and take things into their own hands vis a vis death threats etc..

Google "Kill Bush".

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

Ive been following all the debating in this post and thru other news outlets (yes SS is one of my sources for news..LOL) and I just wonder what would US dudes be saying (and doing) if the US federal Govt announced a plan like Rudd just did*?

*Australian Federal Govt is proposing taking over the running off ALL public healthcare and hospitals (which are currently run by individual State govts).

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    How do you folks feel about now being forced to purchase Health Insurance?

Because if I understand this Bill correctly that is exactly what will happen.

Of course they are doing this under the guise of making said Health Insurance more affordable, but affordable is a relative term.

Right now my Health Insurance is "affordable" to me.

I am 100% behind mandatory purchase of Health Insurance.

What I hear now is the Court decision is due Thursday.

LaserWolf said:
    Rockadelic said:
    How do you folks feel about now being forced to purchase Health Insurance?

Because if I understand this Bill correctly that is exactly what will happen.

Of course they are doing this under the guise of making said Health Insurance more affordable, but affordable is a relative term.

Right now my Health Insurance is "affordable" to me.

I am 100% behind mandatory purchase of Health Insurance.

What I hear now is the Court decision is due Thursday.

If the mandate is struck down at any vote other than 5-4 Obama is screwed.

If it goes down 5-4 he can use that to his advantage in the upcoming election.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Upheld

YES!!

Now all you no insurance having beyatches will be forced to buy health insurance.

How will it effect you?.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/what-health-bill-means-for-you/#

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Stolen Valor law has been struck down.

I think the big news today is Justice Roberts is the Courts new swing vote.

LaserWolf said:
    Stolen Valor law has been struck down.

I think the big news today is Justice Roberts is the Courts new swing vote.

If I hadn't won the Purple Heart in Viet Nam I'd be very upset about this.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Upheld

What a great day! :feelin_it:

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Roberts is the first Republican in many years to recognize that justice is bigger than the party line...