TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Jimster, am a tad concerned about you.
    Comet telly stand? Home thee-yay-terrr plasma HD screen thing?

You are that far away from donning the string vest and skanky PJ trews and snicking off unshaven on the Sunday a.m. to the local mart for a four pack of Diamond White and a pack of rolling papers.

Mate. Say it ain't so.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    @ Senior/Junior

Breakstep. Or Dub'n'Bass, or whatever. Looks worth a sneaky listen to see what the kids on the skreets are down wid.

You dudes need to flick through these racks.

b/w Dissident? Really? WTF

Dude, you could be gripping armfuls of Klang, Grime, and UK Garbage - gully urban soundz packed with bare snares for your P's bruv.

Dissident is a record label for producers who refuse to make music. Very cult, very ltd. Future ebay gold.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    @ Senior/Junior

Breakstep. Or Dub'n'Bass, or whatever. Looks worth a sneaky listen to see what the kids on the skreets are down wid.

Hmm it's not bad, kind of sounds like a half speed version of a Moving Shadow release circa 98 which isn't an unpleasant sound at all. Beats maybe a bit clunky and whole thing feels a bit dated but all in all am happy that it's some dance music with some proper balls.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    skel said:
    Jimster, am a tad concerned about you.
    Comet telly stand? Home thee-yay-terrr plasma HD screen thing?

You are that far away from donning the string vest and skanky PJ trews and snicking off unshaven on the Sunday a.m. to the local mart for a four pack of Diamond White and a pack of rolling papers.

Mate. Say it ain't so.

No fear. Never that, son.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    hi.

Updates:

I just finished watching Extras and I teared up at the end, just like I did for The Office. Just thought y'all should know this.

Spent the weekend in Whistler, and there are too many Aussies there. Still.

My pops and I spent a good hour the other night marveling over the crazy bets available on williamhill.com. He wants to figure out a way to get an account.

We're so gonna fuk u guys up on soccer aka u suk!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

dukeofdelridge said:

Pls2BSrs

You're going home in a f*cking ambulance.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    poast wager bro comeon

lemme sign onto this wc fantasia bs

Duderonomy said:
    Had a strange experience this weekend.

Nice one L**, I would wager such comments are indeed meant earnestly. Sarcasm seldom reflects well on the bearer or recipient, including being a colossal waste of time. Compliments from randoms when just going through the motions and trying not to f*ck up always nice. Happened a few times to me, but for bass playing.

First time, dude was so OTT I thought he'd mistaken me for someone else. His bird was laughing at him, so I took her reaction to be the most sane. I did shake his hand and say thanks, but to this day think he was on something. I told him, jokingly, it was just the tip of the my vast iceberg of talent but I am not sure if thought I was being serious.

I've had a few nice compliments since, but equally, I've had other people tell me that I flat CANNOT PLAY BASS and should do this, that and the other, including quitting They told me what and how I played really annoyed them. These were other bass players, of course. It did knock me back a bit but then later you get a little +ve comment from someone with the kind of talent I will never possess which makes it all better. Hatters go'n hatt. THEY MUST DEAL.

See Jim, your avatar worked.

The most negative comments received myself:

during DJ stint: "can you turn it down, my friends are trying to have a chat"

Band scenario: several bottles and cans lobbed with the venom, Bradfield Boys Club, Peckham circa 1982
    That cover of Hurry Up Harry evidently not to the taste of the largely Mod contingent.

Groupies Jim.
    Duder, BJ in the DJ booth.

C'mon son rawk n fucken rawwwlllll

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ha, I've asked a dj to turn it down before. He had gotten all over excited, turned it up, full whack, and shit was all distorted.
    In a club, I would never. But, call me old fashioned, in your local you want to be able to here people talk.

One of my favourite Dj/punter encounters was, after I politely told dude he need to stop bothering me, he retorted "Well stop playing this gay shit, and play some Jurassic 5". I lol'ed and continued to play the gay shit.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    it's all about perfecting "the goat stare". you will be able to deflect any potential naysayer from approaching the booth, just by looking at them. in the eyes.

Which is worse?

Socks with Crocs

or

Chicks with Dicks?

Socks with Crocs by a mile.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    it's all about perfecting "the goat stare". you will be able to deflect any potential naysayer from approaching the booth, just by looking at them. in the eyes.

I had an somewhat paranoid, overly possessive exgirlfriend who used this trick. She was like a punter shield. Beckys best beware.

Chicks with bricks come.
    Chicks with blocks come.
    Dicks with Crocs and socks and 'locks come.

I do not like these Crocs with socks, sir.
    I do not like these Crocs sans socks, sir.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    chicks with dicks are fine by me

crocs are a scourge against humanity and i feel a deep hatred for them.

Okem said:
    he retorted "Well stop playing this gay shit, and play some Jurassic 5"

Nice :-S

Band scenario: several bottles and cans lobbed with the venom, Bradfield Boys Club, Peckham circa 1982

A friend of mine said he was booked in to play techno/house at a club somewhere in Hull. The local geezers didn't like this, and kept telling him and his DJ partner to "turn that crap off" and play RnB. Bottles were thrown at them, and they ended up grabbing their records and legging it. Touch wood, haven't had that response yet.

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    chicks with dicks are fine by me.

I speak in terms of cant-eat-while-watching-that-pr0n, video nasty ffwd moments, not "Attractive women with odious male partners".

Thailand holds no fear for you, son.

J i m s t e r said:
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    chicks with dicks are fine by me.

I speak in terms of cant-eat-while-watching-that-pr0n, video nasty ffwd moments, not "Attractive women with odious male partners".

Thailand holds no fear for you, son.

Bangkok. 10am, in a seedy backpackers, with a local lovely lying next to you. Would you rather throw back the bedsheet to be confronted with

(a) a John Thomas you could use as a hatstand

or

(b) a pair of purple crocs that were NEVER removed during congress

It's a tough choice Beatnik.

I'd still go with Crocs with Socks by a country mile. Some things are just not acceptable no matter where you are or where you have been.

Junior said:
    I'd still go with Crocs with Socks by a country mile. Some things are just not acceptable no matter where you are or where you have been.

Every day a school day 'pon di Strut...

Cocks >>> Crocs

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    According to a source who heard it directly from Ray Lewington (not the source who fed me that bum story about Gerrard/NOTW, I might add *ahem*), Roy Hodgson will be offered the Liverpool job either today or tomorrow, and is likely to take it.

Expert firefighter Woy may be, but I'd have preferred someone a little less workmanlike. Still, beggars/choosers and that.

But Kenny has made himself available again. How could they turn down the chance to re-employ a manager who will lead the team to greatness before shuffling out the back door at the first sniff of trouble?

I think Roy's a pretty decent short term fix for a team that has lost its way and focus, definitely lacking in the glamour stakes expected from big name Prem league teams this days though. Feel a bit sorry for Fulham too.

DocMcCoy said:
    According to a source who heard it directly from Ray Lewington (not the source who fed me that bum story about Gerrard/NOTW, I might add *ahem*), Roy Hodgson will be offered the Liverpool job either today or tomorrow, and is likely to take it.

Expert firefighter Woy may be, but I'd have preferred someone a little less workmanlike. Still, beggars/choosers and that.

Other reports have Dalglish stepping back into the game :ohh:
    Still, could be worse.

dukeofdelridge said:
    hi.

http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    James Corden disses Patrick Stewart.

I'd have nutted the fat cunt. Seriously. Right on the bridge of the nose. "There's yer fuckin' punchline, tubby".