TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    MOke said:

They were saved embarrassment by some own goals for sure, but it was kind of a nothing of a game from what I saw of it. "Joe Cole in the hole" was the best thing to come out of it.

If only Joe Cole 'in the hole' meant some form of extended solitary confinement.

Looks like he may be United's big signing this summer, apparently Fergie is desperate to sign him, now he's out of contract at Chelsea. Don't see how they could afford his wages though, if what I read in the weekend paper about their finances is true.
    Others say he may end up at Arsenal, wouldn't mind him as it would be nice to have another Englishman, but don't think we really need another midfielder tbh.

• Okem said:
    but don't think we really need another midfielder tbh.

definitely not.

striker + centre back + keeper = :necessary:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    neil_something said:
    Okem said:
    but don't think we really need another midfielder tbh.

definitely not.

striker + centre back + keeper = :necessary:

We already signed one striker, you think we'll get another?

A CB is a must, I fear Wenger will keep faith in the keepers we have. I hope I'm wrong.

• Well with Van Persie's legacy of injury and the profligacy of Bendtner, Vela and Eduardo I would say that another foward wouldn't hurt...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Since we already signed Chamakh I don't see us getting another striker unless Eddy or someone leaves. I wouldn't mind that happening, especially if we could swap him for some Drogba esc type battler.

Rodallega reckons Arsene is after him. Can't see that happening tho.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    skel said:

the Beatnick whip?

Spotted this on the way to footy today:

She was chud, doe.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I see that Barca have officially opened talks for Cesc now. Considering the money being spent already I would be interested to know what their first offer was:

5 million plus Toure?
    Swap for Imbrahimabitch?

The mind boggles.

I find it hard to believe we'd be salivating over Bobble Head Cole but I learnt not to question the mind of the great man a long time ago.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    I see that Barca have officially opened talks for Cesc now. Considering the money being spent already I would be interested to know what their first offer was

Barca are a bunch of cunts, they act like Cesc is already theirs. They seem to think that if they can unsettle him enough, we'll let him go for cheap. If Arsenal do let him go they're going to make them pay through the fucking nose.

Arsenal Football Club have today released the following statement about captain Cesc Fabregas:

"Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is under contract with the Club until the summer of 2015. He is a highly valued member of the team and part of our future plans.

"We have followed recent speculation linking Cesc with a move away from the Club but as there has never been any official approach for him, only two informal exchanges, in which we made it abundantly clear that we have no interest in transferring Cesc, we have refrained from publicly passing comment. However, yesterday evening we received an offer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain.

"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enter into any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they will respect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."

Doesn't real-life Bond villain Alisher Usmanov have fingers in the pies of both clubs, doe?

Cesc wearning Unicef in two weeks. Believe.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The silence from Cesc is deafening though.
    Barca are definitely trying to get Cesc to increase the pressure with some kind of "I want to leave, and I won't play for Arsenal" type statements so that Arsenal are forced to accept a cheap price, but if we sell him for anything less than ??40 million I'd feel cheated.

Hangelaand?
    Toldo?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    No & No (Jimster)

I'm really not convinced that Barca have the money right now to stump up the kinds of figures that Arsenal would be looking for and, since Arsene wouldn't make a big money purchase anyway, I don't see any motivation for them selling him.

On the other hand, last time this happened, Arsene had a very sulky talent on his hands for a season and then had to offload him anyway so it could just be that Barca are laying the foundations now for a steal next year.

After all, I don't think Cesc's value is going to go up from the WC particularly.

I think Arsenal should ask for Xavi.

Barca offered 29 mil? While Villa want 30 for Milner?

:shut:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    The silence from Cesc is deafening though.
    Barca are definitely trying to get Cesc to increase the pressure with some kind of "I want to leave, and I won't play for Arsenal" type statements so that Arsenal are forced to accept a cheap price, but if we sell him for anything less than ??40 million I'd feel cheated.

Cesc seems to be better than that, he has spoken about it relatively recently. He does seem to want to go, but isn't willing to force the issue.

IMO if he ends up being a little bitch about it, like CR7, then he can fuck off. And I'd want at least ??50 million for him.

J i m s t e r said:
    Doesn't real-life Bond villain Alisher Usmanov have fingers in the pies of both clubs, doe?

Shares in Arsenal, yes.

Involvement with Barca 'the people's club' - http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/03/15/bunyodkor-barcelona-and-the-dictators-daughter/

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    I'm really not convinced that Barca have the money right now to stump up the kinds of figures that Arsenal would be looking for and, since Arsene wouldn't make a big money purchase anyway, I don't see any motivation for them selling him.

On the other hand, last time this happened, Arsene had a very sulky talent on his hands for a season and then had to offload him anyway so it could just be that Barca are laying the foundations now for a steal next year.

After all, I don't think Cesc's value is going to go up from the WC particularly.

I think Arsenal should ask for Xavi.

Yes, there is absolutely no motivation to sell him on Arsenals part. Which means Barca must pay. And like you said, they might not be able to.

There aren't many who could replace him, those that could are already at big teams and would be very hard to tempt away.
    Arsene is more likely to go with a ??20 million odd French replacement, like Gourcuff.

-

fusking 'ell, they might have to rename this place SlowStrut.com

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Man the navigation time between pages on here has been a real buzz kill. Like molasses. 90 seconds a pop.
    But I just managed to eff up the gremlin cache and now the speed has upped tremendously.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    "I say, this site looks like it was made by an Indian!"

Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Shares in Arsenal, yes.

Involvement with Barca 'the people's club' - http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/03/15/bunyodkor-barcelona-and-the-dictators-daughter/

Yes, this is the information I recall.

So yes, and very probably yes.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    There's no one as good that is for sale so any like-for-like replacement will be a downgrade. Gourcuff would be good but we already have a lot of midfielders and Nasri was hyped to hell as 'the new Zidane' as well. As all Arsenal fans have been saying, a new defender (or two) and a new goalkeeper is what's necessary.
    Barcelona are always cunts when it comes to Arsenal players, we are their feeder club after all (I'm ignoring our theft of Cesc at a young age).

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Shares in Arsenal, yes.

Yes, this is the information I recall.

So yes, and very probably yes.

Well not really. And the two have absolutely no bearing on each other, doe. Usmanov has no control over the Arsenal players and fuck all to do with Barca's squad.

That's what he wants you to think...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    :lol: :cheese: :roll: :-S %-P :blank: :P :bug: >:( :shut: :long:

progress.

So I see Lollerpool have done the decent thing and offered Rafa a large cash sum to fuck off. I am always mightily impressed by the way football clubs set up contracts to stitch themselves up time and time again. I wish I was a football manager :(

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's funny, he seems to have been on a steady decline ever since he made that complete fail of a press conference last season. Which was meant to fusk with ManU, but it led to his own team's complete collapse.

I haven't heard any talk of who's going to replace him though.

Yeah that always seemed like the turning point to me as well, it was almost Keegan like in watching a man try to rally his troops to reach for that moment when it all comes together and instead fail miserably.

No idea who's going to replace him, maybe they can bring boot boy Evans back to look after the club again while they look around.

Well I added Dolo to my 'Buddy List', but so far there has been no reciprocation.
    Added a few bars and some restaurants to the Citeh guide that fall outside of the obvious historical tourist trap places, but it has made me sit and think about the death of record shopping here. Londoners (and other big city residents), I hope you appreciate them shops.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I know they're a big club so they shouldn't really struggle to find a replacement, but considering the state of the club at the moment, I imagine the real big names are going to think twice about it.
    They should've acted sooner and tried to get Hiddink after he left Russia. Maybe they could temp Scolari back from east bumble fuck fc, or who ever the fuck he's managing now, after being kicked out at Chelski. But even he'd be a real gamble.

yeah Mourinho would have been an interesting one as well before Real stepped in. Obviously the lack of a budget or a proper squad would have been an issue but I think he would have been sorely tempted by the adulation he could get at the club.

Hiddink would have been perfect as more than anything they need someone to steady the ship and settle everything down by cleaning out the chaff and starting the rebuild process.

Hang on, I know someone who'll no doubt be free again after the WC.......

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dudes, is it too early and unfair to say this site has lost something?

Feels like a hospital waiting room up in here. The cosiness is missing.