TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Benitez gone.

Mark Hughes, take your trackie off.

This isn't the relief I'd hoped it'd be.

It all seems to have been handled pretty shabbily. I've made it pretty clear that I don't think we can go forward under Rafa, but I find myself feeling quite sad now that he's gone.

As far as replacements are concerned, the list of bookie's favourites makes for depressing reading, Obviously, it's too late to snag Mourinho and probably Hiddink as well. It's difficult to see Louis van Gaal leaving the best-run club in Europe for one of the worst, so that probably leaves Frank Rijkaard as the only potential candidate I'd actually like to see at Anfield.

Mark Hughes would have to win the treble in his first season for Liverpool fans to accept a former Mune as the big man at Anfield. Roy Hodgson's done well at Fulham, all things considered, but he'd need to do a lot better to convince me he was a potential Liverpool manager. Finally, I have no truck whatsoever with the ridiculous Cult of O'Neill, and for him to get the gig would be the final, terrible proof that there is no God.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    It will be so interesting to see how this summer unfolds for 'pool. Apparently there is no rush by the board to get a replacement in (I've heard they are looking for after the WC/late July). Given the uncertainty of the H&G ownership, RBS debt collectors and the unwillingness of players to fill our their contracts these days, it will be interesting to see if the club resembles itself by the end of August.

Ugly rumors are going around that the push to get Rafa out was so the board could make sole calls on player sales this summer. Probably just a dumb rumor, but given the perceived financial peril of the club, this could end up unfolding to some degree.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    jlee said:
    It will be so interesting to see how this summer unfolds for 'pool. Apparently there is no rush by the board to get a replacement in (I've heard they are looking for after the WC/late July). Given the uncertainty of the H&G ownership, RBS debt collectors and the unwillingness of players to fill our their contracts these days, it will be interesting to see if the club resembles itself by the end of August.

Ugly rumors are going around that the push to get Rafa out was so the board could make sole calls on player sales this summer. Probably just a dumb rumor, but given the perceived financial peril of the club, this could end up unfolding to some degree.

Hicks & Gillett have been a fucking disaster. I hear you about that rumour - frighteningly plausible, as is the thought of us selling off our best players to service interest payments while the owners refuse to sell the club for less than ??800m. It's difficult to see how we could attract a manager of any quality with all that shit going down behind the scenes.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I'm gonna start up a World Cup Fantasy League thread in a sec.

Thoughts? I'm thinking of using the FIFA official one...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    So I went to the Theatre last night. Rocky Horror Picture Show, w/ Christopher Biggins.

For the dedicated fans that turn up not just in costume, but with props, it's like a cross between Church and panto.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I watched a repeat of Crystal Maze the other day. They should dig Richard O'Brian up and give one of those singing competition tv shows.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Paul said:

Do it Paul, we'll all be up for that

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Paul said:

The Metro one is closest to the Premier League one we used.

Yeah? The FIFA one looks pretty similar.

Check out the Scoring

Slightly tweaked I guess,,,

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Rio Furynad is injured and may be out of the WC.

Dude just needs to come out and admit he's fucking lost it.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Paul said:

Do it, I might have to pick Un*ted players doe!!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I think I'm going to have to stick to my word about no more FF and pass on this. I remember doing it last time and the constant changing required was an irritant, add to this that I'm off work for part of it and I don't really want to have to deal with logging on to update the squad. I will obviously be with you in spirit.

[Mark Hughes

I was joking about that one of course. No way a Mune is getting a crack at Anfield. I just think he was hard done by and would like to see him back in the Prem.

I think any prospective manager worth his salt would want to see how the sale of the club pans out before committing. Unless it was Sven "Show me the money and women" Eriksson. He's got a real eye for work-shy show pony players too. Jo would come for cheap.

Sad to see Rafa go, because I believe he did contribute something to that 3-0 deficit turnaround in 2005 and was back there again in 2007 and 2nd in the prem last year - not too shabby. Torres was a great signing, the others... not so much. Xabi Alonso leaving was not a good look. What was his win %age, compared to Evans and dem? Can;t have been bad...

Do it

I know you're a man of principles... but you should at least do a team for the first round.

Paul said:
    I know you're a man of principles... but you should at least do a team for the first round.

Haha - this time I'm going to ignore my personal bias against certain players. Although I'm still not sure I'll ever bring myself to pick Fatty Lampard, even though he takes our PKs.
    Let's have an avatar wager Paul, if you reckon you can get one to work.

Damn. Looks like Drogba is out of the WC.

Rio is OUT.

Well at least it ain't gonna be John Terry.

Can't say I'm that upset, Rio is a great player but he's nowhere close to fit or on form at the moment (admittedly that also covers around 80+ percent of the squad). Considering Capello's got to choose someone who is guaranteed to play every match if fit he's working with limited options on who will be captain really.

The logical choice would seem to be 'Stevie' but then I don't know if he is a guaranteed shoe-in and, if he is, he really shouldn't be.

Also, Droba possibly out which, all personal feelings aside, would pretty much suck the interest out that group really.

So Heskey did Rio?

Good work fella?

Or will Don Accappella ensure that the next set of boots Ivanhoe sports are concrete ones?

It's starting to get exciting.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Should he lose please make him have a picture of Henry in the midst of the 'Hand of Frog' incident. It would be appropriate for a World Cup Fantasy League.

I can't remember who made me have this avatar as a punishment for not winning but i'd like to have an avatar bet with them...

Good to see Heskey murking Rio but it means there's a greater chance of Upson playing which is a bit depressing.

Shears said:
    Duderonomy said:

Should he lose please make him have a picture of Henry in the midst of the 'Hand of Frog' incident. It would be appropriate for a World Cup Fantasy League.

I was thinking of Gary Neville smooching the face off Scholes.

I can't remember who made me have this avatar as a punishment for not winning but i'd like to have an avatar bet with them...

Senior/Junior I thought. He was gloating the loudest at any rate!

Had a strange experience this weekend. Friends had told me that my flyers should mention my set on Solid Steel, so last week I did some w/ BANGLASH & the radio gig in small print, and during my set on Saturday night, this young bloke came up to me, and I sh*t thee not, said something like: "I just want to say that it's a pleasure and an honour to be standing this near to you, and it's great to listen to you play", so naturally I was looking around the bar to see if my friends had put the guy up to this, and replied, "Dude. I'm really hung-over. If you're being sarcastic or something, I'm not sure I get it", and he was adamant that he wasn't taking the piss, and said that he and all his friends were really, really enjoying the music. Guy was looking at me wide-eyed and buggin out, and I probably didn't do his confidence any good when I just shrugged and said, "Oh. Uhmm. Cool" and got back to mixing, still unsure as to what was going on.

Is this what having fans is like? Complete strangers saying sh*t that sounds like it must be a piss-take? I'm assuming this is down to the Ninjatune connection as I've had [strike]complaints[/strike] compliments and stuff in the past, but never anything like that before.
    Maybe he really was taking the piss, I don't know. I had the shakes and sore knees from praying at the porcelain altar all afternoon, and I don't know about you guys, but when I'm DJing, all I listen for is the mistakes, so I was feeling more Pete Tong than Ian Wright.
    Didn't stop me from spending Sunday telling the gf that she should feel honoured to be so close to me though. F*cking Banglash. :beerbang:

JNice!!

Similar thing happened at a friday niter dj slot I had bitd just off Oxford Street.

Dude looked like BA Robertson, complete with shaggy bubble mullet and big hooter.
    Damn, haven't had that memory resurface for 20-odd years.

Damn, L*o. Damn your eyes sir.

Hah, I have a sneaky suspicion I'll hang on to that memory for a while too.

How did you react S**v*? Did you keep your cool, and act like it's all in a day's work, or like me, did you respond more along the lines of "WTF are you talking about?"

It is nice when something like that happens, but rare. I think that if there ever is a next time, I'll try and be less suspicious and just be friendly and stuff.

b/w

Won't go out on a mojito w/ sambuca chasers bender the night before either! Haven't chundered like that in a long time.

I'm going to spend every hour of every day of this week clock watching to teh World Cup!
    I've decided that Holland are my official 'second' team, as Van Persie will probably have the tournament of his life, before getting his leg broken in pre-season training.

We'll have to wait and see about this avatar business. RAJ has very kindly fixed the double smiley problem, now I'm stuck with the single smiley regardless how many times I try and upload Rooney's ugly mug.

Paul said:
    We'll have to wait and see about this avatar business. RAJ has very kindly fixed the double smiley problem, now I'm stuck with the single smiley regardless how many times I try and upload Rooney's ugly mug.

Maybe we should have a username gamble, or are those stakes too high???

I'm just trying to think what we might inflict on each other. It could turn nasty.
    Mwahahhaa.

Haha. Probably not a good idea.

Let's hope that the death of ex-Stereophonics drummer Stuart Cable doesn't have too much effect on Rooney's World Cup preperations.

Did anyone catch this last night?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00j0gnm

"Ford's Dagenham Dream

Documentary which tells the story of a dream of happy families on wheels that the Ford Motor Company brought from Detroit to Dagenham, then sold to Britain.

From the 1950s onwards Ford revolutionised the cars we drove, producing dream cars for the average British family. In the 60s and 70s Ford sold dreams to boy racers too, but it came at a price. The mass production of motor cars required an army of assembly line workers who did jobs that were infamous for their soul-destroying monotony.

At its peak Dagenham was producing more than 3,000 cars every day and its most popular dream car, the Cortina, sold around five million in Britain alone. But the assembly line workers had a love-hate relationship with the cars they made and for some the dream became a nightmare.

Illustrated with powerful first person testimony and rare archive, this is the story of the rise and fall of Ford's Dagenham dream."

Voiceovers by Alan Ford AKA Bricktop

Best viewed whilst imagining him delivering the narrative whist cajoling pigs into eating corpses.

Thanks Jim, will have a gander.

On another note, that MIILLLFFFF number plate was discussed at the weekend, and is now exercising my mind a little.

What kind of a woman wants that on her motor?
    If the male half of the relationship put it there, that's some unsavoury stuff right there. Especially if she is unaware of the connoitation.
    And if the pair of them are similarly unaware...then what?

The Megane Scenic is a good car doe. I had one in dark blue. Electric sunroofs are so good, except when they cease working. And then they are your worst fucking nightmare. You'd best believe that.

Apparently Milfy O'Toole's offspring attend #1 son's school. So at least the M is true. I think she's got an overly-high opinion of her own pulchritude b/w an unscratchable itch to do untold things behind the bedroom door.

My worst nightmare is getting a home theatre system for the new telly, only to find the amp sticks out off the front of the new stand by 50 mil. It couldn't go back any further because of the stand's supporting legs passing down the middle of the back. Then there were the 2001-A-Space-Odyssey monolith speakers...They didn't look that big in the picture (AKA the reverse Spinal Tap excuse).

Looked a f*cking sight. Solution? You guessed it, another ??99.99 on a new, deeper stand from Comet. Sigh. Move the speakers behind the telly, yawed to direct the sound appropriately. Comet. Clowns wanting 20 bricks for an optical cable. Pls2BSrs. They are ??1.75 offa da bay.

Tested with Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" DVD on 5:1 (80s clothes so very bad, stonking gig doe).