TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DocMcCoy said:
    What a man.

I hereby take back every word.

Yes, a very nice gesture.

Still, as a manager he is a tactical idiot.

Also, more celeb anecdotes, please.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    96,000 seems like an odd number, why not a nice round 100,000.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Would 1.6% of 6 million be tax deductible?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    neil_something said:

I've said this on here before, but seeing as it's mildly topical.. I knew James Corden when I was a kid. He was pretty funny/fat even back then, he liked to make up amusing stories, mainly involving the cast of Star Wars.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    Would 1.6% of 6 million be tax deductible?

Kind of what I was wondering, but didn't want to say it.

• Okem said:
    neil_something said:

I've said this on here before, but seeing as it's mildly topical.. I knew James Corden when I was a kid. He was pretty funny/fat even back then, he liked to make up amusing stories, mainly involving the cast of Star Wars.

Having no idea who James Corden is, I just had a look on YouTube and discovered that he's a fatter and more charmless Ricky Gervais.

What am I missing?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    neil_something said:
    Okem said:
    neil_something said:

Having no idea who James Corden is, I just had a look on YouTube and discovered that he's a fatter and more charmless Ricky Gervais.

What am I missing?

Not much. Although I'm pretty astonished you've never heard of him. He had a little contretemps with Capt. Picard at some award show the other day. He' s also made a awful world cup song with Dizzee.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Okem said:
    96,000 seems like an odd number, why not a nice round 100,000.

very good move from Rafa.

as for the 96...

The Hillsborough Disaster was a human crush that occurred on 15 April 1989 at Hillsborough, a football stadium, the home of Sheffield Wednesday F.C. in Sheffield, England, resulting in the deaths of 96 people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    See, I knew I should've kept quite.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Here ya go Rafa, have some Lemmy love as way of apology.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    neil_something said:

What am I missing?

Ha! Best description of ever of that talentless salad dodger.

Soooo, didn't know whether it was wise to post this in the WC thread but wondering if any other English/Anglophile people are watching this match feeling slight concern over the ever more blatant fact that Mexico aren't the all conquering scintillating attacking presence that our friendly team made them out to be? Have to believe it was just friendly syndrome and not an omen of things to come.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The optimistic part of me thinks that the England team effectively stopped caring/playing after we qualified for the WC with two games to spare.

The pessimist in me thinks that yeah, RSA would tonk us.

Junior said:

Wasn't Obama quoted as saying he thought Cameron was 'lightweight'?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    So looking forward to the Jim'll Fix It Bloody Sunday Special?

Definately worth delaying it till after the election, made all the more sweeter by having a Conservative government announce the findings.

Was it a ??110 million legal bill, to find some soldiers not guilty?
    Oh sorry, they haven't reported the findings yet.

8-/ :-/

In other news...

Damn, there's loads of this

Senior, you ever experienced some form of on-line 'puter rage?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Was it a ??110 million legal bill, to find some soldiers not guilty?

BAN.

Throw 'em all in jail.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Well if we're posting retarded computer nerd videos, I'ma gona post this one. Senior and Paul may dig, but if you don't play Red Dead Redemption it's probably of little interest.

can't seem to embed youtubes.. damn it.

Meh, I'll see your 'donkey-woman' and raise you some frog-rape:

(on youtube, under the vid, hit the EMBED button for codes Moke)

That first WoW video is kind of disturbing, the second one amused me with the guy, his weight, his lisp and the, in no way stereotypical, bedroom he spent his time masturbating in. I don't think I've ever touched upon that kind of rage mainly due to my fickle affection for games in general though I have been known to throw a pad and once made a hole in the wall of my student accommodation throwing a dictionary at my mate's head after a bet on Fun House went wrong. Having said that, if my MW2 account got wiped I might go and have a little sob in the bathroom.

Ha ha I saw that donkey lady video but haven't seen anything like that in the game sadly despite the occasional glitch.

in other news, my sweepstake team New Zealand are about to show the big guns how to win at WC.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    i'm on a supermariods kick at the mo.. addictive

• Junior said:
    That first WoW video is kind of disturbing

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully the girlfriend left him before he found the video...

The closest I've come to a freak out was playing a mate on Goldeneye on the N64 back in the day. I had to leave the room and make a cup of tea to avoid punching him.

Need to get Red Dead Redemption, too. It looks like a wild west Grand Theft Auto.

Do it, it's awesome. More fun and a better story than the last GTA and the fact that it's in the Wild West just makes everything even more great. Game of the year by some way for me at the moment.

Also, Goldeneye was probably only just behind Mariokart on SNES for gamepad rage. Such a cruel mistress.

neil_something said:

The closest I've come to a freak out was playing a mate on Goldeneye on the N64 back in the day. I had to leave the room and make a cup of tea to avoid punching him.

^^^NEVER MASTERED SIGHTLESS KILLS. OWNED IN BATTLE MODE. COULDN'T UNLOCK BONUS CHARACTERS. PUT THE KETTLE ON, TEA-BOY.

Junior said:

Goldeneye was probably only just behind Mariokart on SNES for gamepad rage. Such a cruel mistress.

^^^NEVER COMPLETED RAINBOW ROAD ON 150CC, ONLY USED KOOPER TROOPER OR TOAD, EAT MY RED SHELL, 'jnr'

I'll have you know I was the master of Bowser bitd. The main game was a walk in the park - it was all about the beating of time trials for me and my gang, the pleasure derived from shaving off milliseconds from Ghost Valley 1 best time was a pleasure still nearly unrivalled in modern gaming. I used to wake up in the morning to the sounds of the Valley and know where people were on the track from the tyre noises :(

I TAKE ON ALL CHALLENGERS.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    neil_something said:

^^^NEVER MASTERED SIGHTLESS KILLS. OWNED IN BATTLE MODE. COULDN'T UNLOCK BONUS CHARACTERS. PUT THE KETTLE ON, TEA-BOY.

lol. COULDNT EVEN WALK THROUGH A GRENADE.

We used to create our own game modes on Goldeneye after everyone got sick of people dropping proximity mines when they died. I think I've mentioned it on her before but our favourite was to have three players playing with the one hit kill and midget mode on and the other player playing with extra protection and big head mode on. The lumbering oversized player would then be able to kill the others with one slap but would be attacked on all sides by the pistol firing midgets. Ah, good times.