TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I might have to setup an email account just for Soulstrut notifications.

Feels like a conspiracy to stop me getting above 1000 posts. Hopefully on this third attempt I can reach the promised land of a thousand and stay there.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I've asked about it in the help/feedback section. Hopefully it'll get deaded.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    double post.

- Duder, it was created ages ago after the og huge mp3 gripping thread.
    First it was for oldheads and highrollers, then it changed to "i pay to post here" and the "special friends" club.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Ali, go to - Edit Preferences - in the edit profile section, you should find "Display member avatars in entries".

Paul, have you tried re-loading your avatar, or changing it for something else?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    Paul said:
    Yeah. I thought since my username was reverted to to my login I'd roll with this for a while.

I seem to have broken this already though with a new Rooney avatar.

Breaking an avatar is hard. Skillz.

I just gave it a shot with a different avatar. Same problem!

It wasn't actually me being incompetent, I have been sent on a secret mission to test the Strut to the very limit.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I also just found "Enable email notifications by default when you post messages" in the emails section, don't know if its working tho.

edit/ it does. yay

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    I just gave it a shot with a different avatar. Same problem!

It wasn't actually me being incompetent, I have been sent on a secret mission to test the Strut to the very limit.

I thought that if you changed it from Rooney, to something else, maybe some cute kittens, it might fix the problem. He has the kind of face to break the internets.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    MOke said:
    double post.

- Duder, it was created ages ago after the og huge mp3 gripping thread.
    First it was for oldheads and highrollers, then it changed to "i pay to post here" and the "special friends" club.

Yeah, I chucked a few quid into a server drive a few years ago, and lo & behold, I got access to teh secrets. Been quiet in there for a while, maybe the unveiling will kick it up.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    MOke said:
    Ali, go to - Edit Preferences - in the edit profile section, you should find "Display member avatars in entries".

Yeah cheers, tried that and it's switched off but for some reason refuses to acknowledge it on the front end. Does mean I get to see what you've all been rocking though. On the plus side, after Paul's heads up, found out usernames are available again so I'm back to the old school.

Though I'm sorely tempted to change it to something like Kala or Original_Addict.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Excellent.

Hope these will these always be changeable.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Lulz.etc.

Duderonomy said:
    Harvey is a Cunt?

:freeway:

Just tried to change mine and it telt me "Usernames are not changeable".

Premium member, an' all.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Just change your screen name Jim.

J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Harvey is a Cunt?

:freeway:

Just tried to change mine and it telt me "Usernames are not changeable".

Premium member, an' all.

Sussed it. Just change the Screen name, not user name.

I was kinda hoping for a new graemlin gang.

Another gem is the ability to edit all your posts, means you can do 1984 style re-writes of history.

I just spent all morning removing any reference to Manchester United potentially winning anything last season.

OK, I'm gonna try and break my duck and load up an avatar.
    How do I do this?

I. Am. Dumb. Laymen's terms only please.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    find small picture > save to hard drive > load in avatar preferences.

I think it's worked!

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I have no clue who half of you are now.

Shears said:
    I have no clue who half of you are now.

Wait til this time next year.
    Bottom of the Fantasy Prem League.

You will find me.

:whycry:

edit: Walcott dropped then, which must mean SWP is going.
    To be fair, Theo hasn't really improved his game, can only hope he'll be a late developer or something, as Hoddle's 'footballing brain' comment seems to be on the money.

I'm a bit torn about how to feel about Theo missing out. Obviously I'm not his biggest fan but the fact he's replaced by SWP is hardly great news. I don't really see SWP offering up anything at the WC at all which means the loss of another option when our one tactic stops working. Would have liked to see Johnson go but was never really given a chance.

B/w Duder your new name is making me feel somewhat..........inadequate. I think I need to get some inspiration on before the option is locked down.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    whats poppin beyotch. liking this new format.

Theo just hasn't done anything to earn it, bar a hat-trick against Croatia.
    He's been poop since his injuries.
    Never looks up while he dribbles, no confidence or tricks or feints or anything that might make some space for himself.
    SWP manages some of that at least.

Anyway... when I go to a member's profile, it lists their status, post count etc, and 'comments'. How do I make a comment? Do other people comment on a user, or do you add comments yourself?

I might take this to the sticky.

• M*therf**kin, spoon-bendin, GIGANTOR vision said:

Anyway... when I go to a member's profile, it lists their status, post count etc, and 'comments'. How do I make a comment? Do other people comment on a user, or do you add comments yourself?

I might take this to the sticky.

refers to comments on reviews and mixes, doesn't it...?

e.g. http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/reviews/indepth/if_i_could_only_remember_my_name/

neil_something said:

refers to comments on reviews and mixes, doesn't it...?

e.g. http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/reviews/indepth/if_i_could_only_remember_my_name/

That would be it.
    I wanted to make a comment about other users, like, "Senior: still gutted Chelsea won the Prem", or something.

Duder your new name is making me feel somewhat???.......inadequate. I think I need to get some inspiration on before the option is locked down.

How do you know the option will ever be locked-down? EDIT: that just happened.

R.I.P. M*therf*ckin' Spoon-bendin' GIGANTOR vision, you will be missed.

And I thought it was so catchy.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn.

This will take some getting used to for an old Luddite.

"Colour me nonplussed"

Yeah the game on Saturday was awesome, the result never in doubt.
    Decent pitch invasions post-game - bet they didn't show those on telly.

One new chant given an airing:

Oh East London (oh East London)
    Is like Bengal (is like Bengal)
    Oh East London is like Bengal
    It's like the back streets of Delhi
    Oh East London is like Bengal

Goddammit. Not sure I like this format. The jury is out.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    yo fools. raj has switched on uk cities on the city guide. post spots or your soft.

skel said:

Goddammit. Not sure I like this format. The jury is out.

I'm not hating it - it's very "now". My main gripes are:

- That I can't turn off avatars no matter how many times I click the radio button
    - That, while all the links etc are useful for lots of people, it'd be nice to have a stripped down version option for those people browsing at work (see point above)
    - It's be nice to have the thing back showing how many new posts are in a thread since you last clicked on it rather than just the new graphic.

I am a reluctant changer though so sure I'll get used to it when it feels a bit less busy.

Is there anywhere I can post the above as feedback/requests?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Nick
    I snapped these outside yours yesterday

the Beatnick whip?