TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    MusicaDelAlma said:

Lampard with the sick goal against Chelsea. Seems weird just saying that.

Yes, very strange. He didn't celebrate much.

b/w

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    the balotelli tweet tho.

liverpool sure does love a villain

Look at the response it got.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Pretty shameful.

:shitty:

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    MusicaDelAlma said:
    Man, what a weekend. To be fair, I've never seen a bigger wedge of cunts than United fans on twitter. Dudes were jumping over themselves to laugh at Liverpool getting smashed away at West Ham yesterday. Lots of going on right now from what I can tell after they got owned by a former Championship team. And like a month ago they lost to MK DONS. Good luck with everything, boys.

United were cruising to a win until the ref fucked them out of it. Liverpool on other hand got beaten fair and square. You'll be looking on last season as the glory days because it's all downhill from here.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

magpaul said:

United were cruising to a win until the ref fucked them out of it.

You've got 15-18 more years of that before karma has evened the score. Ferg with referees on speed-dial. Leicester gave the Gunners a good game, I expect they'll cause a few more upsets before the season is over.

But still...

Moyes had 7 points from 5 games, 2 more than this feller.

It's OK because you are allowed to spend your way out of it.

Chelsea tactically astute at the expense of aesthetics, no surprise they parked the bus after it worked for Stoke. Mourinho's "Special Move" - AKA "The Rentboy".

You either accept a 0-0 or, goaded by the PR-spectre of being accused of "Not Trying"/bottling it at home, come forward in larger numbers, which is how Pellegrini likes to play anyway.

Happy to take the point, esp. after going down to 10.

magpaul said:
    glory days

Rotten performance, I grant you, but the weekend's results ended up being as favourable as they could be, so, y'know. Besides, it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Rodgers can take as long as he likes as far as I'm concerned. It's telling that people are finally beginning to accept that our enduring dependcy upon Gerrard might be holding us back a little.

United, on the other hand, are not going to be much of a threat for a while yet. Apart from threatening the long-term career prospects of the coach and one or two of those marquee names, that is.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    While hearing of the UTD loss did fill me with the joy that is usually only filled by a John Terry own goal, I still suspect that they will be in the hunt for a top four spot when the season is over. Like Pool from last year, UTD will score more goals then their opposition more times than not.

I do get the sense that we have another month before the league starts to take (normal) shape. A lot of teams seem to not really be clicking thus far (including le 'Arse), and while I can only hope the likes of Spurs, UTD, Liverpool, etc. never do click - I am sure we will see some more recognizable performances in the next few weeks.

props to Leicester though - they've played some big teams already and are showing no signs of folding under the pressure.

As I am sure t3h Doc and those of us old enough to bear witness will recall, Leicester were perennial thorns in the side of Liverpool BITD when the FA cup was a big deal and Leicester were many rungs (if not ladders) below Kenny and dem.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    don't forget Fabregas will lose his form around february and drag Chelsea down with him.

• id be remiss if they weren't STILL drunk in Leicester

Gary Lineker getting his wrist slapped for tweeting his rapture.

Boy, does the British press LOVE Un*ted.

I am sure he can redeem himself by putting the boot in on City at every opportunity.

"Buying the league" and such.

lol.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

lol.

Yeah, cos it didn't happen, right?! Totally organic

::eye roll::

I recall the youtman Lineker visiting the og Den in a League Cup game, not connecting banjo to cows arse and getting beaten 2-1 I think.

He looked class doe. Tight shorts and Purdey basin cut.
    You would.
    AYO

J i m s t e r said:
    Gary Lineker getting his wrist slapped for tweeting his rapture.

It's a shame Lineker didn't get MOTD2 this week as I'm sure his reaction would've been great.

skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

lol.

Holistic, I believe ;)

Of course you will win F*ck-all with Darius Vassell and dem. As evidenced.

My point is, every top side is at it. Folly to argue otherwise.

J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

lol.

Holistic, I believe ;)

Does top 4 count? 'Cos Wenger's been turning a profit for X years.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

lol.
    Holistic, I believe ;)

that is now 12 years in a row.
    pretty remarkable -- although it makes a supporters head hurt as last time I recall, the Profit & Loss report did not perform that well on the pitch.

Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:
    J i m s t e r said:

lol.

Holistic, I believe ;)

So was "Phones4U".

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Dem Mercury Music nominations are out again.. I know we're mostly too old and disconnected but they seem to get more predictably tepid with each passing year. Then again, i guess they've always been a bit shit, but there's usually at least one lp on the list that i have love for.

2015 Mercury Prize nominations:

FKA Twigs ÔÇô LP1
    Young Fathers ÔÇô Dead
    East India Youth ÔÇô Total Strife Forever
    Bombay Bicycle Club ÔÇô So Long, See You Tomorrow
    Anna Calvi ÔÇô One Breath
    GoGo Penguin ÔÇô v2.0
    Nick Mulvey ÔÇô First Mind
    Jungle ÔÇô Jungle
    Damon Albarn ÔÇô Everyday Robots
    Polar Bear ÔÇô In Each and Every One
    Kate Tempest ÔÇô Everybody Down
    Royal Blood ÔÇô Royal Blood

get ur google on.

Royal Blood set is pretty solid.

Bassplayer/Singer frontman FTW.

Someone described Royal Blood to me as "a blues-rock revivalist band who went as far back as the White Stripes and decided that was far enough." If Jimster reckons it's worth a listen, I'll give it a listen.

There isn't much on that list I'm familiar with. Bombay Bicycle Club have been doing the exact same thing for five years now, so their inclusion is a bit baffling. Albarn seems to be something of a perennial on these lists. In fairness, though, he doesn't repeat himself an awful lot. It'd be funny if he won it in a Scorese/Departed kind of way, but I haven't heard his album, so I've no idea how likely that is.

I saw Twigs over here a few months ago and she was good. I've not heard her album either, but her "Aaliyah reincarnated as Bj├Ârk*" approach works surprisingly well live, and the album's clicked with a lot of friends of mine who I'd normally expect to give it the swerve. If I was going to place a bet, I'd go with her, with the dark horse being Kate Tempest, who I haven't heard at all, but who sounds absolutely horrifying on paper - a slam-poet who HuffPo UK described as "Britain's leading young poet, playwright and rapper" - whilst simultaneously sounding like the kind of thing Mercury panellists get very excited about.

* - Bj├Ârk's 50 in just over a year's time. Fucking hell.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I took Jim's positive leanings towards Royal Blood as an expression of his love for fellow oppressed bass player stepping into the spotlight. imho they're pretty derivative beyond the unusual line up.

Young Fathers may be of interest to Strut people. Scottish, Edinburgh based hip hop trio via Liberia, Nigeria and Maryland. Their lp is interesting, but didn't especially grab me. But that may be because my hip hop appreciation is a little jaded these days.

I heard Kate Tempest being interviewed on the radio, that was pretty painful, once the interview ended and the music began the radio was quickly turn to the off position. Excruciating

I think FKA Twigs' videos and concept are pretty amazing, but I'm not sure if the music holds up. I mean, i've watched all her videos mulitple times, but I've never felt inclinded to download her music. That said, she's probably my favourite from the list and I hope she wins cause she's 100 times more interesting than most of the other entrants.
    here's a good introduction if you're not familiar - http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/20259/1/fka-twigs-future-shock

Okem said:
    I took Jim's positive leanings towards Royal Blood as an expression of his love for fellow oppressed bass player stepping into the spotlight. imho they're pretty derivative beyond the unusual line up.

Precisely.

Songs are "Genre-correct" but I ride for their disdain of the "4-4-2" - Follow the trail blazed by M˺t˺rhead, The Police, Cream and er... Rush.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Er... Thin Lizzy were a bass/singer three piece before any of these dudes.

I was going to say Lizzy but I wasn't sure they were ever as svelte in the headcount department as 3.

The Neds had two bassists.

Srs doe, in a way I don't want the Bloods to win as it's the Kiss of Death.

Speech Debelle, Roni Size... RIP.

Although Speech were on telly as a celeb cook of late.

True story.

City have a yoot out on loan by the name of Bismark Boateng.

Man is out in Norway. I hope he comes back, just for the puns.

I thought Kevin Prince was bad.