TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

So.

UTOPIA.

There's a web-thingy I need that tricks a website into thinking that you're in the same country. Then I could stream more4 etc.
    Without spoilers, was it good?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Of course it was good.

There was apparent, to me, a sense of humour in this incarnation that was absent from the first.

That may/may not detract from the stark nature of the plot.

Wilson seems to have acquired a stylist which seems a bit odd.

I must confess to not seeing one of the interim episodes.

Sue me.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    SPECIAL:

I offer this information "As is."
    Let he who is clean cast the first stone etc.

Visited The Clown yesterday for lunch.

6 nuggets
    Water
    Pineapple slice instead of chips
    --------------------
    £4.29 meal price

Noticed on the way out, kids Happy Meal menu:

4 nuggets
    Water
    Pineapple slice
    --------------------
    £2.39 meal price

Them hextra two nuggets cost I £1.90. Whilst walking off the overwhelming sense of righteous indignation, I comforted myself that it merely represented a small price to pay for " :balla: STATUS"

Yet the nagging doubt remained. I mean, you even get a Box Trolls toy in there.

Had the kids meal today.

JUGAAD BONUS BEAT:

Had a gypsys in there and afterwards used both AIR FURY hand dryers simultaneously, one for each hand. Must have clawed back several seconds that I would have never seen again.

Other Clown Jugaad:
    Fill up on their napkins son, saves a bog roll eh?

Went to the BoxTrolls on day 1, then the three little chavvies wanted that Clown toy booty. Psyched, stoked, amped etc as only sub-10 boys can be.
    Feral youtman brings the Happy meal, all toys are the same.
    They have only one variant of the many, many in the display cabinet.
    But daddy, I want the Fish BoxTroll.
    Happy meals sans happy bunnies.
    FUCK the Clown.

skel said:
    They have only one variant of the many, many in the display cabinet.
    But daddy, I want the Fish BoxTroll.
    Happy meals sans happy bunnies.
    FUCK the Clown.

Surely, akin to mainstream record shops in the 90s.

100,000 vinyls.

ALL CHUD.

I believe...[pauses to receive fictional information in fictional earpiece],

..[nods head] yes, I believe this is why ebay was invented.

It's like this at the moment:

Biking isn't an option on this gig but I need to keep active, so lunch is usually spent strolling at a fair clip, with an interval to find something relatively healthy to eat. The choice isn't great, but the Clown is the best bet - I mean, I am not partaking of their fullest-fat options, looking to eat 500-600 calories all in.

Just finessing the choice.

If I see the fish box troll, it's yours.

Or I might smear it in BBQ sauce and dunk nuggets off it, then send you the pics.

"NUGGET DIP? OFFA FISH?"

But dude, a pineapple ring?
    Instead of fries (sic)?

You must be out of your mind.
    Or on some Junioresque crash diet.
    I did notice your new LinkedIn pic is somewhat more svelte than the previous.

Seen A*i's?
    Dude looks angelic. Found god? No, found new womans.

I guess I've lost a stone since we last met, and not looking to find it.

Client is in the food industry doe.

Kitchen has frequent sample selections.

MUST.... RESIST...

neil_something said:
    has there been any scottish independence talk around here, or did i miss it?

Dunno, but Thursday was a Catalan holiday marked with big demos for independence, and it got me thinking... while it's a different kettle of fish to Scotland, the relationship they have with the rest of Spain has come to define their identity whether they like it or not. Independence will mean for instance, no classicos with Real Madrid. Maybe the Spanish FA will swing it so that Barcelona are allowed into the league for the sake of money, but it won't mean as much. More than just a club? No, you'll be just another team, and it'll be just another team rivalry. And maybe the Catalan's sense of identity won't be the same without something they can all feel strongly about. They will probably still learn Spanish, eat Spanish food and watch Spanish tv. Instead of looking at the positives of this dual-culture, they're only seeing the negatives. As a mono-lingual Brit/Yank I wish I'd had another language rammed down my throat. If they do force out all Spanish culture they'll be poorer for it.

Rambling. 3am and a bottle of rioja down me.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    :dominoes:

Any bets on the vote Thursday?

I think Scotland is going solo. If this means whisky gets cheaper, great!

If this means things go tits-up for them in the long run, I fully expect the Scots to have the honesty to blame Mel Gibson.

Well either him or Longshanks I would think.

My personal opinion is that Simpsons is Nostradamus...

• Grounds Keeper Willie has a voice on the matter...

ÔÇ£IÔÇÖve lived in America most of my life,ÔÇØ he says, ÔÇ£so IÔÇÖve seen first-hand how not to run a country.ÔÇØ

It's nailed-on for a No.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    why always the hate for Johnny-Foreigner?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/17/fa-non-eu-players-english-football

b/w,
    I was in Turkey the past few weeks for holiday, and got a chance to read this book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Among_the_Thugs

Any of you guys ever read this, and does this time period in British Football still resonate with people in the sense that they really remember
    how raw it got in the stands? Or perhaps, was it really ever that bad or was just part of media hype machine?

Remember this book well; one of, if not the first, of the intelligent underbelly studies of real football fans.
    The best of the lot was 'Steaming In', an in-situ account of following England through Italia 90, which rang true.

The Buford book made waves because there was nothing out there like it; the literati were enthralled by their fascination for the workings of the bits of rough they generally didn't deal with,

Steaming In was read widely among my mates as I recall.
    All of us attending games during the 70s had witnessed mobs causing havoc; for my peers, that turned into going away, mob handed during the 80s. Find that book; it's a great read.

Intrlligent lads, good jobs, good people. Achievers.
    But when there's 3000 of you matching along the streets of another manor, impossible not to get swept up in the testosterone bravura, to feel like an army. Dudes who you'd call a cunt in a pub or distance yourself from at work become your brother when bottles are flying, old bill are snarling or the oppo fans are standing up across a wasteland in some random dreary town 200 miles away.

Taking over someone's town is intoxicating and makes a mess of us all.

skel said:

Intrlligent lads,

I'm calling Freudian %-P

• whatthefuck

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I was looking forward to our new flag of dragon fighting a lion, or something.

vintageinfants said:
    whatthefuck

I think Skel said Oxo-Cube looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Glad that he agrees LOL.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    so I heard Man Utd was back on the right track after they beat QPR 4-0 last week.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Suddenly, getting walloped by West Ham doesn't seem so bad.

• the balotelli tweet tho.

liverpool sure does love a villain

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Man, what a weekend. To be fair, I've never seen a bigger wedge of cunts than United fans on twitter. Dudes were jumping over themselves to laugh at Liverpool getting smashed away at West Ham yesterday. Lots of going on right now from what I can tell after they got owned by a former Championship team. And like a month ago they lost to MK DONS. Good luck with everything, boys.

b/w

Lampard with the sick goal against Chelsea. Seems weird just saying that.