TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Mwhahahahaa... Man U beat Olympiakos only to be gifted a tie with Bayern in the champs league.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    PSG/Chelsea
    Real/Dortmund
    Barca/Atletico
    LOL

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Qatar vs Russia should be interesting. Barca v Atletico also. Can't see Bayern or Real not getting to the semis though, Dortmund seem to be suffering from either injury or Bayern taking half their squad. David Moyes' LOL United could probably do without the distraction. Although the small prospect of them pulling a Chelski and winning the thing, whilst Liverpool take 4th spot is kind of appealing in a schadenfreude kind of way.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    6-0of

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Where's all my Mourinho=idiot breds at?

::wink::

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    pcmr said:
    7-0of

6-0.

Still, though: Oofsville, London. RED CARD TO ONE OF YOU LIGHT SKINNED BLACK BLOKES.

My GOD Liverpool's defense was terrible today. Glad our offense is better than our defense is bad!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    At this point is spanking Arsenal by 5 goals or more really even that much of an achievement? It's more a rite of passage for any top 4 team.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Okem said:
    At this point is spanking Arsenal by 5 goals or more really even that much of an achievement?

:oh_snap:

Judging by the the games this season, I suppose not.

So I believe that the real Arsenal team should be turning up at Stamford Bridge to play a game of football today...

What the shitting fuck.

• After five minutes I said, "this has got 6-0 written all over it." Could have made some money from that.

But, yeah, fuck Chelsea. Hope Liverpool win it now.

neil_something said:
    After five minutes I said, "this has got 6-0 written all over it." Could have made some money from that.

But, yeah, fuck Chelsea. Hope Liverpool win it now.

I think we'll finish third. At this point I don't see Chelsea or City's league form sufficiently dipping enough for us to pass them.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Some of the results this year...

Do you think match-fixing has infiltrated the game? At this level?

Anyone else want to celebrate the pension budget bombshell of last week?

Massively good news. Life changing event for myself, opening up a whole new world of possibility in a few years time.

Game changing shit.

::happy day::

J i m s t e r said:
    Some of the results this year...

Do you think match-fixing has infiltrated the game? At this level?

I wonder if Wenger has pondered this. Now cancelled the press conference amid dark mutterings of 'puzzling' and 'need to think deeply' etc etc.
    To fix a rout needs a ring of dudes involved, and given salaries would cost a whole heap of money. Less than the amount available from a betting coup? I can't call it, but does Arsenal contain enough snides in the first team to make it happen?
    That's the crux.

skel said:
    given salaries would cost a whole heap of money.

You are considering only the carrot approach.

The alternative is the stick. Football man, dem Hap-ri-caan family not living in some fortress. 25-8 bodyguard.

"Do you want to see your mum's head on a stick?"

Violence in the third world no stranger. Ask Adebayor. And cheap. 10-for-1.

Just needs mafioso-types to make the call. Vincent Tan at Cardiff. Faxing Sinatra at City. Pillars of dey community.

Roman and dem squeaky clean doe, fox rules.

skel said:
    but does Arsenal contain enough snides in the first team to make it happen?

That definitely wasn't Arsenal's first team... no Bludklot, Wilshire, Ramsey, Ozil. And the ref dealt with our first choice LB

• J i m s t e r said:
    Watched it live, first MLS game I've seen in ages. Reasonable standard of football on offer. I've been to worse in the UK. No surprise about Defoe, it was a good move for him and he's still tricky. Great debut. Toast of the town?

1.6m unique viewers on Saturday's TFC home opener, making it the highest rated MLS game ever.

apparently it is, in fact, a bloody big deal.

jermaine has 3 in 2 games already and Michael Bradley looks like a diesel train in the midfield; canadian-centric mix of grit, skill and effort is going over like gangbusters.

skel said:

Massively good news. Life changing event for myself, opening up a whole new world of possibility in a few years time.

Game changing shit.

Can you break it down, in layman's terms please?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Apropos of nothing, here's Jose Roberto Wright pimping the yellow card that made Gazza cry in Italia '90

:face_melt: :walk_away_son:

They are cunts. Saw a Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick 45 in a Brum Oxfam for £20. That song was a top 10 hit, there must be thousands of that single floating around, What The Actual Shitting Fuck, the thing that really pisses me off isn't just that they're trying to make a ridiculous inflated profit out of touch with the real value, but that they're grasping for profit from something that was donated to them for free for fuck's sake, anything they get for it is 100% profit you money grubbing cunts, and Oxfam is meant to be a place poor people can buy shit they wouldn't be able to afford new/at all (like clothes), instead the shops have become as mercenary and crass as high street chuggers. Cunts.

Fucking cunts.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I've pretty much given up on charity shops for records, shit just got too dire time ago. My local Oxfam is the only one I ever bother with at all these days. It all depends on who their 'record guy' i guess. For the princely sum of 90p I found some sleeveless £60 British Psych lp in there the other day and a bunch of interesting instructional records, the sort that would've gone for £30 on eBay a decade back 'cause it's got breaks'.

[release valve purged]

and now a word from our sponsor...

3 x random rap 12"s at 50p-a-pop is the last thing I got from an Oxfam. I stay away now on principal (harrumph, and much wattle-shaking).

Duderonomy said:
    skel said:

Game changing shit.

Can you break it down, in layman's terms please?

From next year, anyone retoring can take their entire pension pot in cah, and do what the fuck they want with it.

Until then, retires have has to buy some grim financial product that paid peanuts, and was basically a gamble on you winning (by lasting longer than average) or losing (pegging it soon after retiring).

And now, Duder, you can buy that Lhambo or go on a coke n hookers binge, or stuff it under a mattress, or still buy that shit financial product. But the choice is yours.

And yes, chazzas are shit, and so are many, many of the people who work in them.

Miserable, money grubbing bastards

This is where I get all grumpy and say that while you do that I'll be paying for it, but when I reach retirement (which they will have moved to 85 or something) there won't be any money left. Only I hope I won't be here. I hope I'll be somewhere hot, explaining phrasal verbs to young senoritas, writing my "memoirs", and living on a bottle of rum a day and something spicy served in a wrap cooked by a fat bloke from an island off the coast of Thailand who knows how to make dirt taste like the best dish you've ever eaten, and probably supports Liverpool even though when you press him for details he thinks Robbie Fowler still plays for them. So yeah, you can have your Lamborghini, and I'll have my Tom Kha Gai. Fuckers.

:cheese:

But you won't be paying for me, I'm paying for me. It's my fucking money goddammit!

And given the fact that my parents have nothing to leave me, it's a bloody good job I've stacked that cash away for 30 years and will now get it back, plus the investment gains, minus a ridiculous amount of tax. And further, given that I'm homeless, it will pay off my drum and leave a decent wedge left to blow on whatever years are left in the company of dwarf twins, albino amputees, et al.
    And further further, since I've been a good boy and grafted all my goddamn life, I fucking deserve it goddamn yessir and you'd best believe it.

Skel, you really do deserve it. I knew there had been some announcement about pensions and Lamborghinis, but as my mum hadn't been flashing a yellow key-fob in my face I thought maybe it was something sarky as usually financial news for my parents & grandparents generation is negative.

Private pensions not state pensions - ahhh, so.

If I had a pension I would be chuffed.

Mandem know man has got his piggy bank locked away in a Ponzi scheme, Eddie Murphy and dem riding pork bellies for man.

Skel going to do "...and the rest, I wasted." ;)