TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    It's a mix of both I think.

United have been a poor team by their standards for a few years now. RvP coming in a scoring enough goals to win them last season meant they kind of papered over the cracks somewhat.

Rooney and RvP together in the system that Untied favour isn't particularly balanced. Players like Kagawa and Fellaini, even Mata, all struggle to fit in without forcing other players out of position.

In Fergies final few years United used to focus on what was a pretty straight forward tactic of being solid defensively through to the midfield, fronted by attacking wide men who could sit wide, bring width and beat a man to get the cross in. With strikers, who above all, knew how to find space and the goal. It was very much round pegs for round holes approach, not the intricate or overly technical approaches of some other tops teams. It relied on every player having a simple task and performing that task to an extremely high level. Under Moyes they've lost focus on what that task is. Lost confidence and lost that mojo that told them that they were United and they just rolled over on teams. Once that goes, with an aging transitional squad plus a Manager that doesn't have the dressing room's confidence, you're kinda fucked.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    So basically, #Moyes In

Bale:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Seeing it cut like that really is fucked. Wasted talent.

And while Moyes is an easy target, Ferg didn't seem to know how to use Kagawa either, putting his faith in the proven quality of Cleverly.

I just had a thought. Maybe Ferg appointed Moyes on purpose. Ferg hates the Glazers, he wants them to sell, but they won't as long as Man U are profitable. But not on his watch, not to the detriment of his legacy. Get a patsy in. Get agent Moyes.

• Duderonomy said:
    I just had a thought. Maybe Ferg appointed Moyes on purpose. Ferg hates the Glazers, he wants them to sell, but they won't as long as Man U are profitable. But not on his watch, not to the detriment of his legacy. Get a patsy in. Get agent Moyes.

I said EXACTLY the same thing to a colleague earlier this week. Two people independently reaching the same conclusion means it must be 100% true. Logic and that.

Also, from last weekend...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    London Headz:

Ar kid signing his graphic novel.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2014/03/05/dan-boultwood-stuart-jennett-and-martin-stiff/

Tonight, six bells while seven.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Mate I would have gone, but... I'll be in the pub

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Nice. I'll have to keep an eye out for his work.

In other news from the watercooler.. Vidic is apparently off to Inter asap & BBC3 is being axed. Can't say I'll miss either but at least one of them was useful.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Say no to drugs, kids.

Such a location-rich story...

"While I was worrying about other women I should have been worrying about my pets."

When he was sentenced a man in the public gallery shouted: "He is a beast, a dog has got no voice."

"I'm just glad my dog doesn't get out and we are careful with our animals."

But the winner is...

"You hear about it in foreign magazines but you never think that they would be on your doorstep."

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Great stuff, I think they need to take a closer look at that neighbour and his "foreign magazines". The Mirror actually has a 'Weird Sex' category for their stories - does someone get the job of managing that department?

The video lasted for 30 seconds and the court heard that Bryson did not ejaculate and he did not send it round.

Oh, well that's alright then. Why didn't he say in the first place?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    meanwhile, in Japan:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Thank you very much Wigan. Now please rollover.

Wigan seem to have the Indian Sign over Citeh in the FA Cup.

Ozil vs Everton: this looked like the player Wenger spunked 42 million on. He did all of the silky smooth attacking stuff and was even tracking back and defending. Lets hope he's decided to work harder instead of moping when things don't go his way.

I guess at least someone in a City shirt will be seeing a semi soon...

Anyone catch the Top Gear special last night? Driving through Burma (aka Myanmar) in lorries. Brilliant episode, can't wait for part 2.

• bundesliga :PFUNK:

This is fucking amazing.

Can anyone make out the words? I think I caught something about stealing your wine and smoking your weed, but I'm not even sure of that.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    This is fucking amazing.

Can anyone make out the words? I think I caught something about stealing your wine and smoking your weed, but I'm not even sure of that.

from the comments:

Dicen que estamos todos de la cabeza
    pero a San Lorenzo no le interesa,
    tomamos vino puro de damajuana
    y nos fumamos toda la marihuana,
    ohh san lorenzo

San Lorezo is the pope's team, btw.

You should look up the song La Concha de Tu Madre All Boys, which became something of a hilarious football ground hit last year in Argentina.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Bob Crow RIP

Gave me some grim days with tube strikes, some laughs at Teh New Den with haranguing the opposition bench.

Props for the in-yer-Tory-face persona, negs for the permanent mob of intimidating bovver boys in attendance.

He sounds like a bit of an old-school Lahndon geezer. Didn't Boris once pay for a journalist to be roughed up? No chance of anything fishy with this guy's demise?

ppadilha said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    This is fucking amazing.

from the comments:

Dicen que estamos todos de la cabeza
    pero a San Lorenzo no le interesa,
    tomamos vino puro de damajuana
    y nos fumamos toda la marihuana,
    ohh san lorenzo

San Lorezo is the pope's team, btw.

You should look up the song La Concha de Tu Madre All Boys, which became something of a hilarious football ground hit last year in Argentina.

I did not know that.

Did you know it's also Viggo Mortensen's team? I interviewed him a few years back when he was promoting The Road, and we ended up spending most of the interview talking about football. Apparently he grew up in Buenos Aires and he's followed them since he was a little kid. During the interview he had a San Lorenzo tote bag next to him on the sofa, and even had a bag of San Lorenzo-branded crisps (chips) with him. He was going to some event at the NFT that evening and had his lucky shirt with him, which he was going to wear under his regular shirt, because they had a big league game that night. I asked him if he knew why then-coach Diego Simeone wasn't too well-regarded in England, and he did. He knew we had a few Argentinians in the LFC side back then as well. Pretty clued-up.

Pellegrini used to be the manager there IIRC.

• Pellegrini

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

badder_than_evil said:

Pellegrini

Haha, spot on.