TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I was in London on Saturday morning, for all of 15 minutes, as man a pass tru fi collect a motor from Kent. After a sleepy portage from East Midlands Parkway (we got back from Ibiza the night before) I took the time to get a bite to eat at St. Pancras before getting the bullet train to Ebbsfleet. I think London Headz should be proud of doing it this well.

I found the process surprisingly stress free and the food to be reasonably priced. I've been through there before but never stopped. ??25 from EMP to Ebbsfleet. 09:45 - 12:00 exactly, including 15 mins for the food. Impossible to match this on the road.

I say all of this because this morning I received a missive from The Man asking me about HS2, which will also pass through East Midlands Parkway.

Unnecessary evil or new dawn of public mobility?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Fast, reasonably priced and punctual transport services?
    How very un-British.

In fact, how very European.
    Wasn't there some Mittel-europeene dude who did something like this bitd?

Dude's name escapes.

GODWIN'S FTW

I have to fess up to an AMT Coconut Yogushake addiction.

ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    We're doing the strut fantasy league again right?

??85m for Bale huh? Fuckin' hell... Spurs would be crazy not to go for it.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    DOR said:

Levy has to take it right? Spuds have already spent something near 20-30M and have a few others players in their cross hairs. No way that Levy actually spends that type of money without recouping something. That would be aspirational.

thats a joke, b/w why can't arsenal "spend-some-fucking-money"

That's dumb money though for monkey boy though, they could damn near pay for a down payment on the new stadium with that money. And to think that Spain are supposed to be struggling economically---i guess the Bank of Madrid FC is still in effect.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

J i m s t e r said:

T3h Officical ::: SOUL STRUT ::: League setup again

Join code : 119364-34786

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DOR said:

They'll go for it, but they want to get Di Maria or Modric added to the deal as well. They're being surprisingly smart about it actually.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Moyes has lost the dressing room already?

"I think the manager is fortunate he's got someone like Giggsy, among others, like myself and Carras, who have been here for many years and know the fabric of the club. If there's anything we can pass on, with our experiences, to help him to become a better manager and to help us win more trophies, then that's fantastic."

(trans. - "Sorry boss. The Boss always does it this way.")

Pre-emptive LOL.

I'm more concerned with Moyes lack of action in the transfer window, if this Fabregas deal doesn't happen, United are seriously fucked.

magpaul said:
    I'm more concerned with Moyes lack of action in the transfer window, if this Fabregas deal doesn't happen, United are seriously fucked.

Don't Arsenal have first refusal if Cesc wants to come back to the prem? I thought that was part of the deal that took him away.

FWIW, I can't see United not making top 4 for a long, long time.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'm sure it's young Cesc's dream to finally get to play under a great manager like Moyes, or is that Rio. How could he not leave his boyhood club and family for such an opportunity.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    UTD and Arsenal don't look like getting their first choice targets. Surely there's talent in the South American leagues to be plundered? Does the money have to be on a player with a PL track record?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    getting di maria would make spurs contenders if they keep the rest of their pieces
    i wish cesc would have left and barca would have kept thiago
    damn thiago silva is staying in frane for a while
    barca needs help in the back
    arsenal have 2 weeks to do something
    if bale goes to real suarez will not go

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

T3h Officical ::: SOUL STRUT ::: League setup again

Join code : 119364-34786

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Thanks gentlemen.

I didn't even need the code, It just auto dropped me in lol.

Not sure on my picks, but we'll all enjoy the season. I'm hoping I don't get hit with 3-4 transfers of my picks right in the beginning of the season like last year.

No point picking a real squad now, wait until the dust has settled. Citeh haven't signed Messi yet, or Suarez, or [insert player here].

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    just realiized how drunk i was when i made my last post in this thread.. oof

watch this.....this shit is killing me..

jlee said:
    just realiized how drunk i was when i made my last post in this thread.. oof

watch this.....this shit is killing me..

Thanks for this. Had my kid laughing like a lunatic for two hours straight.

Anyways, first game of the season yesterday, against the might of newly promoted Yeovil.
    Lost to a goal three minutes from time, at which point mass exodus and boos all round.
    Methinks this Lomas guy, being ex-Hammer, is already on borrowed time.
    Shit was depressing. No progress.

Explain this: in the warm up its all crisp one touch pass and instant control, but the minute the whistle blows their legs are made of rigid metal, the control has turned into 50p shaped shins and now a 5 yard pass is impossible. How the fuck does this happen?
    Truthfully, if you or I were as inept in our day jobs we'd get tinned with the quickness.
    Abysmal shit.

Early days yet St*ve.

Visions of swastikas Stevie Ireland errant backpasses in injury time still in my head.

"GZA job..."

What about the Champions league twist though?

Arsenal are not technically in it yet, they haven't got through the qualification round.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Maybe that's what put Higuain off. But I think l'Arse will qualify as they always have under Wenger.

I was talking to a friend a while ago when the Suarez thing first started and he said that he rememebered Wenger being strangely charitable about the biting incident, and put this down to already targetting him as a transfer.

Another interesting angle on the Ivanovic bite is that maybe Suarez did it on purpose, hoping that Liverpool would be more inclined to sell him as he's too much trouble. If that was the case, he might've decided to inform any potential buyers in advance too!

All this bullshit is nearly better than the football.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I think Higuain was almost an Arsenal player until Real up'ed the price by ten million. We should've just payed it, rather than having to deal with these feral sorts. Personally I'm not a big fan of buying fuckers who are quite so happy to do their current club over. Ashavin behaved like a bitch to get his move then never really looked part of the squad.

I hope that CL qualification is a mere formality. Either way the young biter has made his bed, I don't think he can go back now. Although Rooooney did.

I'm comforted by the knowledge that, whatever the reasons are behind Suarez wanting away, we now know they're nothing remotely to do with a desire to win things.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I dunno. Arsenal players are pretty good at winning stuff (once they leave for somewhere else).

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Okem said:
    I dunno. Arsenal players are pretty good at winning stuff (once they leave for somewhere else).

I'd be surprised if Gervinho wins anything ever.

Man this Suarez shit is intense!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Another interesting angle on the Ivanovic bite is that maybe Suarez did it on purpose, hoping that Liverpool would be more inclined to sell him as he's too much trouble. If that was the case, he might've decided to inform any potential buyers in advance too!

That's what he's alluded to in some spanish interviews that my cousin (a massive Uruguay/Liverpool fan) was telling me about.