TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    See, early in the piece it's all "stoned to death/decapitated", then at the end "stoned to death/ dismembered".

I can sort of understand mob gets angry, there's a vengeful cutting off of the head.

But dismemberment.... Speaks of lopping off arms and legs, and chopping up random meat cuts.

It a bit unnecessary, nahmsayin?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    apparently they tied him up, stoned him, dismembered him, and then put his head on a spike.

Joey Barton delivers his analysis of Neymar:

http://www.joeybarton.com/neymar-what-i-really-think/

ppadilha said:
    Joey Barton delivers his analysis of Neymar:

http://www.joeybarton.com/neymar-what-i-really-think/

Think it was better when Barton shot from the lip.
    I mean, stats are for Meriman and cricket fans, no?

There's no stat that conveys the fun we had when Agbonlahor ran into an unwitting Danny Shittu and literally bounced off through the air and flat-backed the turf early this year.
    No doubt the #completed passes stat was way below a Barca strollathon, but I know which is personally preferable.

last time Joey shot the lips on the topic of Neymar this is what came out:

and yes, stats only tell the truth of accountants, as Werner Herzog says.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Joey Barton is what we Scousers would refer to as "a gobshite" and "a blert".

RIP.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I have a hard time believing Joey Barton could read that whole thing, much less write it.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    last time Joey shot the lips on the topic of Neymar this is what came out:

and yes, stats only tell the truth of accountants, as Werner Herzog says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics

My appreciation for the unquantifiable can be traced back to the one Kenny Easley.

I've always had a love of numbers, which lead to an even deeper appreciation for the unquantifiable. I think that's why 'Meriman loves the NFL, because it's encapsulated this idea very well. As a yoot, I used to play Statis Pro Football, an American Football game-sim played with cards for each player, the attributes of which were based on their performances of the previous season.

Ken was a Safety for the Seattle Seahawks. It was his job to stop receivers getting the ball, or staying healthy after the fact. He was pretty good in the 83/84 season and lead the league in interceptions of passes. His card was pretty much :hard_as_fuck: and he was a must-have for the all-star/all-stat team. The year after, he was way down on interceptions. Accordingly, his card was :talib:

I could never understand what had prompted such a downturn in form. And then I read a newspaper article (there was no internet) about the most recent season being his best ever - and this really opened my eyes to the weakness of stats:

He had his best year ever because no-one would throw the ball anywhere near him. His section of the field was completely off limits. Like the best close protection agents, he prevented anything happening. But, statistically, he did no business and appeared to be as useful as, I dunno, Robinho in Stoke.

I have often contemplated such nuanced arguments regarding the working presence of sportsmen, and in a wider sense, some of the colleagues I've worked with

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    RIP.

That's sad - his wartime autobiography is fantastic, even better as an audio book read by him.

Can't remember the guy behind the Wikka Wrap but think he also was behind the real theme tune for late-era Whicker's World

J i m s t e r said:
    I have often contemplated such nuanced arguments regarding the working presence of sportsmen, and in a wider sense, some of the colleagues I've worked with

thank you, now I can use this argument when someone complains that it doesn't look like I'm doing any work. When I worked in offices I would sometimes get shit just because I don't have the propensity for busy work that some people have. Now I can tell them I'm just taking care of business with the effortless grace of a Paolo Maldini while other fools have been scrambling desperately like an out of position David Luiz.

Would you dudes rather go out for a beer/curry with Joey Barton or Michael Owen?

Serious question.

ppadilha said:

David Lulz.

Fixed.

Michael Owen seems just plain boring. Would he even talk about anything? With Joey Barton you could at least get into an argument. And once you win the argument, maybe you'll get headbutted.

so the story is that Arsenal have been holding back on signing Higuain in hopes that they can land Suarez for a massive transfer fee?

Gareth Bale announced as the face of FIFA 14, which suggests somewhat that he'll still be plying his trade dahn the lane next season.

• skel said:
    Would you dudes rather go out for a beer/curry with Joey Barton or Michael Owen?

Serious question.

Barton, obviously.

We can share a mutual love of The Smiths over a chicken biryani.

Barton.

He lived down the road from my mum and dad when he was @ City.

He has the ability to be his own worst critic. One day he will get the better of himself.

He's everything Owen (the smug identikit model pro) isn't.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Fantasy League is back. Time to get thinking of some good team name puns.

Pele's Greenies reporting for duty.

T3h Officical ::: SOUL STRUT ::: League setup again

Join code : 119364-34786

Shall I do RvP (C) FTW?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Latte Pas..

Props to Murray for Wimbeldon.

J i m s t e r said:
    Pele's Greenies reporting for duty.

T3h Officical ::: SOUL STRUT ::: League setup again

Join code : 119364-34786

Shall I do RvP (C) FTW?

I'm in

B/w there's some fiiiiiiiiyah women emerging on the streets thanks to this Heatwave (no sweater-R)

DocMcCoy said:

Like.

Missed a trick at the end though, he could've pushed boy's boat into the cake.

Also there's a link at the end for his greatest goals, which is a face-melting 6 minutes of unrivalled goodness.
    Man is a genius footballer.

Surely he's not going to be sold to a Premier League rival.

I'd have him at Citeh, but I think we are due a striker logjam at the mo.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    batmon said:
    Latte Pas..

Props to Murray for Wimbeldon.

Late-late pass; it was a bit of an anticlimax in the way that he won in straight sets (and I think Murray owes Del Potro a beer for taking Djokovic to 5 sets in the semifinal), but great to see how much it meant to Murray, the crowd, Lendl, and a relief that he wasn't going to break into tears for a consecutive final.
    b/w
    What happened to American tennis?

RE: Futbol. I hope to hell Arsenal's boast that we could afford Rooney is simply that, and journalists short of stories are running with this as intent. How many UTD fans would've changed their tune about Cesc if he'd joined from Barca? Paul?
    For all the talk about offers of top players, predictably Arsenal have so far only signed a French teenage prospect :icegrill: Plus ca change etc.

Not mad at City's "All your striker are belong to us" policy as long as it yields us one decent one.

Messi tax dodge = City in for him too. Really, cannot see him doing anything else other than staying at Barca for life.

so between this baby that's been born and the pope's visit to Brazil my news feed today is a gushing geyser of bullshit.

any thoughts on Tata Martino to Bar??a? He's done good work at Newell's Old Boys this season and he's one of those Bielsa disciples, but still a bit of a shock. Feel bad for Tito though, dude gets the biggest break of his career and has to give it up because of cancer. Hope he gets back in the game in due time.

Arsenal seem to be fumbling their way through transfer season while all the other EPL clubs buy up every La Liga player they can.

I think right here's the best place for this, isn't it?