TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    skel said:
    What about the Champions league twist though?

Fenerbache - the away game will be tough.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    Wenger should cash in on the Anzhi Chakachas fire sale. He could get Eto'o and Willian, at the very least. Eto'o may be getting old but I imagine he's still pretty good.

I don't see how Suarez can still play in England after all this. Do Arsenal fans even want him? Dude is the pantomime villain of football.

also, Hull City Tigers?

GTFOOHWTBS

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    Wenger should cash in on the Anzhi Chakachas fire sale. He could get Eto'o and Willian, at the very least. Eto'o may be getting old but I imagine he's still pretty good.

I don't see how Suarez can still play in England after all this. Do Arsenal fans even want him? Dude is the pantomime villain of football.

As good as he once was, I'd take a pass on Eto'o. Even if he was cheap transfer he's on some 20M+ contract or something...I suspect his wages would be over what he probably is "worth" these days.

As for Bitey-McRacist, most Arsenal supporters I know or follow on twitter would rather not. Just doesn't sit well. That said, not much going on with forwards these days, so we are starting to run out of options. But truth is, I don't think Suarez will happen now, as LFC owner has showed his face a bit too much to now have to eat his words.

Curious to see how these next few weeks play out for Arsenal. The optimist really really is expecting us to figure this out and come out with a stronger squad....but damn if this club doesn't enjoy testing my nerves. If anything is certain these days for AFC, we always like to leave it late.

Doc, I assume these are boots as you've said in the past the licensing prevents the Beeb from commercially releasing it's Grey Whistle test material and other great music:

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/Cream-DisraeliGearsAtTheBBC-B13-92210.html

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/Caravan-TheLandOfGreyAndPinkLiveAtTheBBC-B13-92212.html

Who saw England v Scotland? I couldn't watch (pissheads occupying front room) but understand it was entertaining if not technically impressive.

NOT photoshop:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Doc, I assume these are boots as you've said in the past the licensing prevents the Beeb from commercially releasing it's Grey Whistle test material and other great music:

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/Cream-DisraeliGearsAtTheBBC-B13-92210.html

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/products/Caravan-TheLandOfGreyAndPinkLiveAtTheBBC-B13-92212.html

They look like boots to me. The rest of the label's output seems broadly similar - live recordings of questionable provenance, some possibly "liberated" from the BBC archives.

Did I really say that about the Beeb? Sounds odd, if so. In the overwhelming majority of cases the BBC will own their archive of sound and video recordings outright, so I can't envisage much that would prevent them releasing things like that, beyond the usual very blunt commercial considerations. They did a whole Whistle Test DVD series, so make of that what you will. There might be certain people who won't approve certain kinds of uses and other similar issues regarding approvals and so on. To be honest, that's more likely to affect independent companies where the rights may have transferred several times and the new owners are demanding unrealistic fees before they'll license anything.

I'm sure there was some discussion about the amazing musical archive of live stuff the Beeb has in it's vaults*, and I think I asked why none of it has been pressed to vinyl (or released in some physical format) and somebody said it's not as simple as the Beeb owning the rights to these performances... and I assumed this nugget would've come from you! This may even have been a Real World convo I appropriated to teh Strut.

* there's a Curtis Mayfield session that needs to be on plastic complete with whispering Bob introduction

• Can anyone recommend a good proxy to be able to access US sites from the UK??
    i got a good one from here the opposite way and wondered if there was an equivalent??

Thanks

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Can anyone recommend a good proxy to be able to access US sites from the UK??
    i got a good one from here the opposite way and wondered if there was an equivalent??

Thanks

Do you use Firefox or Chrome? Perhaps give this a try Media Hint.

It's a browser add-on I've had good luck with accessing to the US & UK.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What have you guys done with Junior?

If you can't join 'em, beat 'em.

Feck. Not a good start. Not good at all.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    bassie said:
    What have you guys done with Junior?

He's still in his gimp box, IIRC.

St*ve, did you ever find that key?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The boy Junior was spotted getting LinkedIn this past weekend with some House of Commons dude

::eek::

Imma invite him for a quiet couple of beers early next week.

B/w lol at Arsenal in general, lol at ManPoo transfer shambles in particular

Bonus track: Lomas OUT

+: BigFat (c) scoring
    -: BigFat (c) missing a penno
    -: MATA 0 mins. WMIC.
    +: Navas is the 2nd coming, MarkMiwurdz... 3 assists v Toon, deffo.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    No idea why every time I hear/read Navas' name mentioned, I start singing this to myself, but there it is.

skel said:

lol at Arsenal in general

An ex-board member has chosen to tweet that she regrets selling her shares to Kronke. Why'd she f**king do it then? She can't have been short of a few bob, had to have been greed.

The same reason anyone sells shares. To cash 'em in like so many pop bottles and spend the cash on sweets and fireworks, or because she's made a f*ckload of unwise financial moves and needed the cash pronto to avoid a financial kneecapping.

Yeah, she sold in 2011. Maybe that was when the Financial Chickens came home to roost. Tweeting this apologist message now only serves to make her look worse imo. No good calling for the return of David Dein and handing the controls over to Usmanov once it's not on her head.

I'm so disenchanted at the moment that, like Sir Baconface, I've stepped down from dominating the Fantasy league this year.

• Fellaini/Baines - overrated and not up to United's standards. If they get Fellaini, I reckon Rooney will go.

Anyone think it is pretty underhanded of Arsenal to wait until the day of Newcastle's first game to bid for Cabaye?

I know it was only Palace they played, but as a Tottenham fan it looked promising seeing Paulinho/Capoue's debuts yesterday. Winning the ball back for days..interesting to see how Soldado goes but I still think Tottenham need that creative spark. Modric, protected by those two(or Sandro who is just as good) would have been something to see.

Excited for this season, especially for NBC's coverage. They streamed Liverpool live, Arse,Cardiff and United Games on Saturday. I'm changing my cable next Monday but if any of you lot have a US Proxy and would like to use my log-in hit me up on PM.

• DOR said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Can anyone recommend a good proxy to be able to access US sites from the UK??

Thanks

Do you use Firefox or Chrome? Perhaps give this a try Media Hint.

It's a browser add-on I've had good luck with accessing to the US & UK.

Thanks for this..perfect.

badder_than_evil said:

Anyone think it is pretty underhanded of Arsenal to wait until the day of Newcastle's first game to bid for Cabaye?

No, no I don't.

I'm actually hoping that Arsenal gazzump Real Madrid and buy Bale for ??100 million. Plus ??1.

• Haha - Good Luck with that!

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    He's not actually that bad.

bennyboy said:
    He's not actually that bad.

:lol:
    Take that shit to HarveyCanal.com!

He had a few funny lines... but after a few minutes it got a bit 'meh'.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    badder_than_evil said:

No, no I don't.

I'm actually hoping that Arsenal gazzump Real Madrid and buy Bale for ??100 million. Plus ??1.

yeah, seems like it has only been recently that clubs are going out of their way to talk about "derisive" bids from other clubs. Aside from tapping up (which is done anyway), there really shouldn't be any silly moral high ground about when/how to bid. The selling club usually has the power in the negotiation, so it seems ridiculous for them to go cry their eyes out about how poor a bid was. Just tell Moyes/AW/Jose to shove it up their arse (or come back with a better bid).

Wanna read something to make you mad?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-revealed-to-be-paying-southampton-10000-every-time-alex-oxladechamberlain-plays-20-minutes-or-more-8775909.html

Having made 33 appearances for the Gunners last season, Oxlade-Chamberlain was on the pitch for 20 minutes or less 13 times, with the majority seeing him introduced around the 71st minute. It appears that the clause was certainly in Wenger???s mind during games and having an impact on when to play the midfielder ??? giving him less than 20 minutes in a 90 minute game is hardly allowing the 20-year-old to have a major impact.

But Wenger, ever keen to remain financially aware of everything that happens at his club, had not accounted for stoppage time, something which Saints had picked up on. When they demanded that Arsenal pay for these appearances, the Gunners had no option but to cough up, meaning that the north Londoners will have paid over ??200,000 in additional payments to the south coast side for last season alone.

FFS.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Wanna read something to make you mad?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-revealed-to-be-paying-southampton-10000-every-time-alex-oxladechamberlain-plays-20-minutes-or-more-8775909.html

Having made 33 appearances for the Gunners last season, Oxlade-Chamberlain was on the pitch for 20 minutes or less 13 times, with the majority seeing him introduced around the 71st minute. It appears that the clause was certainly in Wenger???s mind during games and having an impact on when to play the midfielder ??? giving him less than 20 minutes in a 90 minute game is hardly allowing the 20-year-old to have a major impact.

But Wenger, ever keen to remain financially aware of everything that happens at his club, had not accounted for stoppage time, something which Saints had picked up on. When they demanded that Arsenal pay for these appearances, the Gunners had no option but to cough up, meaning that the north Londoners will have paid over ??200,000 in additional payments to the south coast side for last season alone.

FFS.

mad cuz its a bullshit hatchet job. Ox's orginal contract had add-ons, these are them. I think if he had played in every game a full 90mins, it adds up to just over 2.5mm over the span of the agreement. this shit is just making the rounds cuz Arsenal have yet to spend jack-shit this summer, so the press want to pour some salt in the wound and make Wenger seem an even bigger miser.

http://news.arseblog.com/2013/08/mail-astounded-that-club-pays-for-player/
    So let???s dissect this weird little conspiracy theory???

Since moving to North London, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has made 60 appearances for Arsenal including 33 starts and 27 as a subtitute.
    Ignoring the fact some of those appearances might have been less than 20 minutes, that???s a maximum figure of ??600,000 that Arsenal would owe Southampton. It???s hardly a massive sum over the course of two years in an era of big-money contract add-ons is it?
    What???s more, to put it in perspective if Chamberlain played 50 games a season for the five years of his initial contract the maximum Arsenal would have to pay is ??2.5 million.
    The deal to bring Chamberlain to the Emirates was reported by the BBC as being for ??12 million plus ??3 million in add-ons.
    Presumably the remaining ??500,000 is for landmark achievements such as international appearances (tick) and (super lolz) Arsenal winning trophies. It???s fair to assume these payments do not continue ad infinitum???indeed the terms of Chamberlain???s new deal, signed alongside the other Brits last term, probably drew a line under the payments.

OK, makes a little more sense now, although as a conspiracy theory it would explain the frustrating lack of match time the Ox had last season.

In brighter news http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314

Arsenal target Benzema & Di Maria! This seems plausible if Real need to stump 90 million for Bale...