TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Never rated Benzema. His numbers are good but I've watched him in a few matches and he was decidedly average. I think DiMaria is a good punt doe.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I wish they'd just keep the lid on these things until deals are actually inked.

Citeh didn't make a song and dance about possibilities, they just announced signings.

Ah well, last night was great. Thank you Fenerbache.

This made me laugh yesterday:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/21/football-manager-craze-lionel-messi

"... it was us who first found out about Lionel Messi," Jacobson says. "He was playing for Barcelona B at the time and Alex McLeish tells a story of when, during his time as Rangers manager, his son came up to him and said he should sign this amazing young forward called Messi who he'd come across on Football Manager. McLeish said he'd never heard of him and forgot about the whole thing. The rest is history."

Hahaha brilliant, the best part of that is about how seriously people take it! Observed a touchline ban IN REAL LIFE. Dressed up in a suite for a cup final game and shook hands with a door knob.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Yeah yeah, we'll see who gets the last laugh once the transfer window has closed.

Fucking spend some money Wenger you c*nt!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Yes Arsene, go get that Swansea full back and 800yo Juve cast off!

He reckons its a poker game that only starts when there's 2 weeks left, everyone keeps card close to chest until then.

So spurs n city must be doing it all wrong then.
    Never seen the transfer game played so badly, give or take the odd Torres n Carroll fiasco.

Arsenal about to re-sign Flamini at 75k per week.

DocMcCoy said:

Really? C'mon, you can do better than that.

Duderonomy said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Honest, that's what I'm hearing.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    DocMcCoy said:

The Guardian is reporting it, FWIW.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Fckftbll.

Jesus titty-fucking Christ, he's on a free, IT'S NOT EVEN A PROPER FUCKING SIGNING!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    on the cool, Wenger will have to sign the Lord Jesus Christ himself this summer in order for there not to be mutiny at the emirates. This dude has either got magic tricks up his sleeve, or he really is trying to burn through all his good will for some reason.

how very sad that dude has become...

I'm at a loss to believe he has any clue how to really succeed with transfers anymore. I'd want no one else managing my personal finances, but good lord can we get a Director of Football at this club please.

jlee said:

I'm at a loss to believe he has any clue how to really succeed with transfers anymore.

I'm not sure he ever was that good - seems the good signings were due to David Dein.

Dein was instrumental in convincing some of the world???s biggest talents to join the club.

In September 1991 he helped Arsenal sign Ian Wright from Crystal Palace for ??2.5 million.

In June 1995, Dein flew to Milan ???and returned with the signature of, for the first time in Arsenal???s history, a true international superstar.??? Arsenal bought Dutch International Dennis Bergkamp for ??7.5 million from Internazionale.

Over the following years, Dein was also responsible for recruiting players such as Patrick Vieira, Emmanuel Petit, Marc Overmars, Thierry Henry, Davor Suker, Robert Pires, Sol Campbell, Gilberto, Gael Clichy, Kolo Toure, Cesc Fabregas and Robin Van Persie.

Not to mention his biggest signing of all - Wenger.
    Dein left in 2007:

David Dein???s departure from Arsenal was met with a strong reaction from key figures at the club.

Arsene Wenger described David Dein???s departure ???as a sad day for the club???. Following his departure, Wenger was believed to have asked Dein whether he wished him to resign from the post of manager in support for his friend. Dein told Wenger that he should not leave Arsenal as the club would suffer greatly from his loss as manager if he decided to leave.

Arsene Wenger stated "It is a huge disappointment because we worked very closely together, David has contributed highly to the success of the club in the last 10 years and even before that as well. Red and white are the colours of his heart."[6]

Arsene Wenger also stated ???David Dein is needed in football because this guy has revolutionised this club (Arsenal) and also English football. He is top quality."[7]

Former Arsenal hero, Ian Wright described David Dein???s departure as follows:

"I know the players aren't happy. I know Thierry Henry's not happy. We're talking about a man [David Dein] who goes into the dressing room after every single game, shakes every player by the hand and who knows all the youth team players."

"I know this for a fact that the manager and the players are 100 per cent behind David Dein and I can see real repercussions coming off the back of this." [8]

Thierry Henry claimed that David Dein's departure as vice-chairman had dismayed him and left him in no doubt that it was time to move on

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Jesus titty-fucking Christ, he's on a free, IT'S NOT EVEN A PROPER FUCKING SIGNING!

don't worry though, Bendtner just posted this:

Noooooo, I thought we were off-loading him to Hamburg.

2.16pm BST
    The latest on whether Real Madrid will go for Luis Su??rez comes from Sid Lowe out in Madrid. He says that the Spaniards will only go for the Uruguayan if Arsenal buy Karim Benzema from them.

It may well irk that Liverpool might sell to Real but not to us, but come on, if Wenger trots out the who-should-we-buy line again...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    benzema is a giroux like striker though
    his buyout was 30 from france so he would be bought so that real could afford bale and replace there striker with an even more formidable one..great deal for spain poor for gunners

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    That Gateth Bale is furious, furious I tells ya, about Spurs' transfer stance. He's livid.

Lol.
    What a cunt!

B/w Junior contact made, discreet beers next week

::

BritStrut meet before winter, anyone?
    Yes it's an organisational pain but YOLO batches

YOLO
    E
    S

• You guys
    Oughta
    Leave on a jet plane to
    Over here so I can take you all out for drinks and have a miracle of a time.

vintageinfants said:
    You guys
    Oughta
    Leave on a jet plane to

Most kind. 'Mericuh's Davy-Crockett-Hat is one neck of the woods I want to see, I need to blag me some work that gets a mug overseas from time to time.

b/w

I am sure they do planes to Heathrow from there.

The needs of the many...

• J i m s t e r said:
    vintageinfants said:
    You guys
    Oughta
    Leave on a jet plane to

Most kind. 'Mericuh's Davy-Crockett-Hat is one neck of the woods I want to see, I need to blag me some work that gets a mug overseas from time to time.

b/w

The needs of the many...

i was in gatwick for a day. it was magical.

skel said:
    That Gateth Bale is furious, furious I tells ya, about Spurs' transfer stance. He's livid.

Lol.
    What a cunt!

Was chatting to well-informed Wirral scouser on the bike this lunchtime. Apparently if a player puts in a transfer request, he forfeits all kind of bonus payouts when the club sell him on. Whereas, if you just play the cnut for a while until they move you on, you are quids in. Official line to the fans is some glib verbal badge-kissing.

I believe this is the Bale game status as we speak b/w they have already spent the money

skel said:

Lol.
    What a cunt!

I'm in town for a few days during the last week of September and might be able to squeeze something in.

DocMcCoy said:
    skel said:

I'm in town for a few days during the last week of September and might be able to squeeze something in.

Sounds good but I may be in Barcelona that same week...

Well done for tracking down Jnr!

• J i m s t e r said:

b/w

The needs of the many...

offered a free night out of drinking and cavorting.

asks if they deliver.

#rulebritannia

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    skel said:

Please tell him SStrut rap threads need him and Hello!

vintageinfants said:
    J i m s t e r said:

b/w

The needs of the many...

offered a free night out of drinking and cavorting.

asks if they deliver.

#rulebritannia

*Free offer excludes flights to/from Toronto, accommodation and cavorting expenses incurred therein.

I know I passed Bassie's dealbreaker tests but, like I tell Dem, next lifetime...