TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

^^And all I want for X-Mas is a decent soundcard^^.

Cunt.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    It was done with a Line6 box USB into Ableton on a laptop. No space or time to set it all up again with #2 son being like something out of Gremlins. Next time will go to a studio and save a whole bunch of hassle. I believe the bass used to belong to a certain C. Sensible, with a scratchplate from The Charlatans, so I could always blame that.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I had purposely avoided making any reference to this disgrace out of respect for those who find political rants a little wearing. But I'm sure there's no need to tell you that I agree with every last word of what you said, Duder.

Also, great news for all those people whose biggest concern is not paying tax; now they'll be able to not pay less of it.

I can't believe the nerve of Osbourne. Tax avoidance is costing the economy billions, so what's the solution? Close these loopholes and crack down on tax avoidance? No, scrap the 50p tax rate because that will end the motivation to avoid tax. Yeah, right.

FFS. SMH.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Jimster: one hell of a bass player.

It is entirely possible the Sensible instrument carries traces of skel saliva (no pasue), particularly if he shared it with Algy Ward.

Duderonomy said:
    I can't believe the nerve of Osbourne. Tax avoidance is costing the economy billions, so what's the solution? Close these loopholes and crack down on tax avoidance? No, scrap the 50p tax rate because that will end the motivation to avoid tax. Yeah, right.

FFS. SMH.

Paying 50p for your tax sounds like a good gig.
    Where do I sign up?

skel said:
    Duderonomy said:

FFS. SMH.

Paying 50p for your tax sounds like a good gig.
    Where do I sign up?

Well I struggle to understand the reasoning. Top earners to pay 45p in the pound over the threshold (150 thousand is it?) as the 5p doesn't make much difference, and will only cost the treasury 100 million. Admission that the economy is being stiffed by tax avoidance, but no measures mentioned to stop this, just the farcical idea that the very rich and corporations will suddenly feel honest and start paying this slightly lower rate of tax.

What am I missing?

skel said:
    It is entirely possible the Sensible instrument carries traces of skel saliva (no pasue), particularly if he shared it with Algy Ward.

Maybe... It's battered but perfectly functional. I quite like the patina. (This isn't the one I threw through a wall after a night on the gin.) It came to me via someone in Wilko's band who'd got it off Rat Scabies BITD but he'd got an endorsement so was getting a whole heap of free shit and was cashing his old stuff in (you have to actually play your freebies to keep the endorsement - gah!)

I am told reliably that my MusicMan has been pogo'd across the stage several times, and I've dropped it plenty - Ryanair have also portaged it back and to from Dublin 'nuff times with varying degrees of tenderness (2 flightcases hammered). They used to let me take it on in a gig bag and stash it at the back, but then they said it was a hazard if the plane was in a crash, in the same way that little strap will benefit you in said crash. It still has a Ryanair sticker on the back.

You can keep your ??3000 Alembic 25th's; man got better things to buy than a years supply of Pledge.

http://cdn.hm-treasury.gov.uk/budget2012_complete.pdf

As Ed Balls pointed out on the BBC earlier, these figures do not include the impact of the abolition of the 50p top rate of tax. That's because "the behavioural response is estimated to reduce the theoretical yield by around 97%", the document shows.

The most embarrassing chart for the government is chart B.2. It shows that those in the bottom three deciles - the poorest 30% - lose more, as a proportion of their income, than the richest 10% from the government's changes to tax, tax credits and benefits. And they do far worse than people in the second highest decile - the top 80 to 90% - who have done best of all.

Double-cunt:

In an attempt to rescue the Bill last year, the PM made a number of claims for it.??? First, he said it was needed as the NHS ???does not deliver the patient-centred, responsive care we all want to see.?????? He cited heart services and claimed someone in this country is twice as likely to die from a heart attack as someone in France.??? Mr Speaker that was before new research in January reported a 50% per cent fall in heart attack deaths in the last decade.???

Then he said NHS cancer services were failing people compared to other countries. That was before new research in November 2011 the NHS in the last decade achieved the biggest drop in cancer deaths of any comparable health system in the last decade.???

Thirdly, the PM and indeed all Ministers have been trotting out the same script for years that NHS productivity had declined in the last decade.??? That was before new research on NHS productivity from Professor Nick Black published in February???s Lancet.??? It showed that, far from falling, NHS productivity increased in the last decade at the same time as achieving record patient satisfaction.???

And while I've got the smell of blood in my nostrils, really classy move to leak the 50p cut to everyone so it's the predetermined talking point, and then, under cover of that, slide out the burying of moderate income pensioners with a raid on them.

And let's raise a glass as well to the inevitable rolling back of universal child benefit. Now it's been taken away from those families who don't "need" it, it'll make it that little bit easier to take it from everyone. And they will.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Damn my team is sucking in the premier this season.

And then there is Crouchy. 0_o

http://deadspin.com/5896153/

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DOR said:
    Damn my team is sucking in the premier this season.

And then there is Crouchy. 0_o

http://deadspin.com/5896153/

yaya killed it too
    he needed to do the robot dance after a goal like that

• manchester city? who are ya?

peace, stein. . .

Suarez has all the attributes of an extremely valuable asset to any team.
    Quick mind, quick feet, skill and speed. He makes things happen before the opposition can do anything about it.
    But his horrible cheating tendency allied to his various -isms make me yearn for the day he is removed from our leagues.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    skel said:
    Suarez has all the attributes of an extremely valuable asset to any team.
    Quick mind, quick feet, skill and speed. He makes things happen before the opposition can do anything about it.
    But his horrible cheating tendency allied to his various -isms make me yearn for the day he is removed from our leagues.

in this regard he is more suited for italy
    Inter Milan need to go after him

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah I was chatting to a Liverpool supporting friend of mine over the weekend and he stated that he would be happy to see the back of Suarez's undoubted abilities, the negative far outweighing the positive. Mind you he then stuck up for Carroll so I don't know how seriously I could take it all.

The thing is, Suarez is not, never has been, and is never likely to be the worst offender in the Prem. Admittedly he came to England with a bad reputation, so it's understandable to a degree that his transgressions are going to come under closer scrutiny. But seriously now - worse than Drogba, Cristiano Ronaldo, Arjen Robben? After one full season in the Prem? Do me a favour. If he had the guile of someone like, say, Kevin Davies, people wouldn't make half the fuss (or maybe they would, I can never be sure). Take all the sneaky little narks and niggles away from Davies' game, and you see him as the anonymous lunk he is. Take the same thing away from Suarez, and he'll still be putting the shits up defenders, just for an entirely different reason.

All that said, if he decides to leave in the summer I won't miss him (although I'd much rather we jettisoned that lumbering meatsack-slash-walking tax writeoff that some people seem to have mistaken for a centre-forward). That business with Evra did none of the involved parties any credit whatsoever, but the mishandling of it and the succession of PR calamities that followed has cast a huge shadow over the club that'll take years to shift (Dalglish has to take some of the blame for this too). To me, restoring the club's reputation takes precedence over sticking with a costly, underperforming player (the entire fucking strike force in fact) in the hope that next season he won't need a GPS to find the net.

Oh yeah, putting all the Evra stuff to one side, I certainly don't think he's the worst offender to grace the premiership since it came into existence and, on a week by week grief scale, he's probably not even within touching distance of Mario. However I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding the shadow cast. I guess for me it's a question of whether the positives a player brings to the team outweigh the negatives they also bring and to me Suarez just isn't valuable enough to continue with, particularly as I personally get the sense that he isn't going to tone down the less appealing parts of his game any time soon.

Skating on the edge of the politics of the last couple of pages but anyone else grudgingly admiring the way the Government are staggering all the revelations coming out? It seems like they have a new issue every single time something that was major news last week crops up again. They're taking the good day to bury bad news agenda to a whole new level.

Yes, nearly as well orchestrated as the 'Cowell fronts on armed raider' machismo nonsense the minute after more gayster innuendo hits the headlines.
    He must be calling in tabloid favours left, right and centre.

skel said:
    'Cowell fronts on armed raider'

Srs. How many FEMALE aggravated burglars are there?

2 facts about FEMALE aggravated burglars :

1) They are all foxy and wear leather catsuits.
    2) They only appear, 1000% of the time, in works of fiction.

Simon Cowell, on all fours, with Loius Walsh in his mouth. FACT.

Srsly doe, which 'out' refusal / denial is more cringey:
    Walliams, Cowell or Hague?

Or is there an outlier that is missing from here, barring the lesser thatched HRH, natch

Heh.

There are certainly no end of rumours about Cowell and his preferences, but he does strike me as the kind of celebrity who gets more than his fair share of female stalkers prepared to break into his palace with a sponge and a rusty spanner. I dunno if this is quite up there with Oliver Letwin inviting a man into his house at 5am in the morning because he needed to use the lav. YMMV.

• J i m s t e r said:
    skel said:
    'Cowell fronts on armed raider'

Srs. How many FEMALE aggravated burglars are there?

2 facts about FEMALE aggravated burglars :

1) They are all foxy and wear leather catsuits.
    2) They only appear, 1000% of the time, in works of fiction.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I once worked with someone who broke into David Bowie's hotel room during some tour or other. I don't think she was an aggravated burglar as such, more that she meant to have him even if it must be burglary...

She ended up with a restraining order against her.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I imagine the line between groupie and stalker is a thin one. More often than not determined along the lines of physical attractiveness.

I recently found out that my first girlfriend has since done time for aggrevated robbery, amongst other things. This is obviously the motivation I need to get back in contact with her and find out if it is indeed true that all female aggrevated buglars are indeed foxy.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Man Utd had a dose of luck last night, good call from Michael Oliver!

Okem said:
    aggrevated robbery

Alas, drama down the Pound Shop (gobbing at the security guard / projectile use of "Viscount" biscuits) ??? Foxy.

magpaul said:

I've got a good mind to write to ASA complaining about misleading advertising. Sky led me to believe that I was about to watch a Goals! Goals! Goals! destruction of Fulham by a team hitting their stride and instead I got a nervy, incomplete performance with lots of possession but sod all chances.

J i m s t e r said:
    Okem said:
    aggrevated robbery

Alas, drama down the Pound Shop (gobbing at the security guard / projectile use of "Viscount" biscuits) ??? Foxy.

It does in Peckham

Junior said:
    magpaul said:

I've got a good mind to write to ASA complaining about misleading advertising. Sky led me to believe that I was about to watch a Goals! Goals! Goals! destruction of Fulham by a team hitting their stride and instead I got a nervy, incomplete performance with lots of possession but sod all chances.

I hear plenty from Yanited-supporting mates who still go to the game about the maddening inconsistencies from one performance to another. The rest of us are used to this being the point in the season where whatever constitutes a blip or a wobble in Man U terms is comfortably out of the way, and they're imperiously sweeping all before them on their way to another title. I have to wonder, if it's this easy to top the table when you've supposedly been shit for the last three or four seasons, how come we still haven't won the Prem?