TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Also, Carol Vorderman is revolting.

Yes! I have never got the faintest idea of why certain gentlemen are wooed by her dubious charms. Not feeling the elbows or any other part of the package. Each to their own I guess.

in the cougar stakes, mirren > vorderman

i can understand why people might fancy a brainy cougar though.

Proof that having an education is no barrier to stupidity.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    have u guys heard "the countdown riddim". standard issue, but still pretty brap.

I have never heard this, please to share. Is it the same quality as the I-Royals take on Coronation Street?

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    its not as good as the windows XP riddim, but its up there. just youtube it.

Oh dear god I've just entered a whole world of TV show riddims. I had no idea and now my blissful ignorance is lost forever.

f*cking internet.

Actually, the Pingu one is passable.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    rafael could have shined with a goal
    instead....

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Oh dear!

Oh dear oh dear!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

Someone put the kettle on for Senior and Chizzle, make a nice cuppa.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Never mind.

Thing is...

With no British clubs making the semis, does this mean UEFA will give us less free tickets for next year i.e. will they decide that only the top THREE prem clubs get a pass.

So City's efforts will ultimately be in vain?

These things just write themselves.

Empty inside, don't really want to talk about it. No one to blame but ourselves.

So, 64 days till the World Cup then?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Empty inside, don't really want to talk about it. No one to blame but ourselves the referee / cheating german bastards[/b].

So, 64 days till the World Cup then?

I am not too fussed, it was just as likely to be another away goals loss to whatever French side made it through to the semis, failing that an inevitable defeat to Barca in the final.

Yeah the only real pain was over the fact that we were three nil up and had to work so hard to self destruct. If CL matches were 30 minutes long we would be the greatest team in Europe.

Great goals by Nani and, pre sending off, Rafael owned Riberi which is great news for the future.

Lyon are jammy bastards, Bordeaux were mightily stitched up and that is going to be one of the least mouth watering semi finals in the last decade.

No continuity this season. Vidic and Rio have barely been back, no solid RB thanks to the loss of Big John (although Rafael was awesome in the first half).

Paul Scholes is officially too old, Nani is a class act but he only made it out the reserves about 6 weeks ago.

• Good result.

While some might cry foul at the result and some of the decisions, you can't really claim that the current United team look in any way like European champions.

I hope this now shuts up some of the Sky Sports led cheerleading about the Premiership being the best league in Europe.

I'd say that no team apart from Barca looks like European Champions.

Premiership is still better than La Liga though regardless of a poor showing from English teams in one season of the CL.

No continuity this season. Vidic and Rio have barely been back, no solid RB thanks to the loss of Big John (although Rafael was awesome in the first half).

Paul Scholes is officially too old, Nani is a class act but he only made it out the reserves about 6 weeks ago.

Jeebus.

Someone break out the Digestives and Viennese Whirls for poor P**l.
    WHERE'S THAT BLOODY CUPPA??? PEOPLE ARE IN PAIN HERE.

I'd say that no team apart from Barca looks like European Champions.

Premiership is still better than La Liga though regardless of a poor showing from English teams in one season of the CL.

Yeah pretty much. Bayern were nothing special, Lyon and Bordeaux are solid at best and Inter are not setting the world alight (two 1-0 victories against CSKA). We were good enough to get to the final again but Barca would have whooped us.

Still, Liverpool (or Fulham) can bring home the European silverware if they can triumph in the cup-for-teams-who-can't-qualify-from-the-CL-group-stage.

If you did a team on team comparison the Premier is still the top league in the world. The fact that this is going to be the first final for five years without an English team in says it all.

Who honestly believes that players go to Real Madrid in anticipation of major European honours anymore? Yes, it looks nice on the c.v., and it'll make your agent very happy, but that's about it.

Still, Liverpool (or Fulham) can bring home the European silverware if they can triumph in the cup-for-teams-who-can't-qualify-from-the-CL-group-stage.

Which would make us the most successful English club in the history of that competition as well.

LOL, fair enough, you can have that one. It's nice to still have some English interest in European competitions but I still don't approve of this moving of CL teams into the competition after the group stages. Nothing against Liverpool or anyone else who does well in it, just always struck me as a cheap trick.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

So, how injured was Rooney? Was it a gamble worth taking? Nice to see Purple Nose be so gracious in defeat btw.

• Nice to see Purple Nose be so gracious in defeat btw.

Yes this was funny, particularly as Wenger handled it all so magnanimously (for a change) on Tuesday...

So, how injured was Rooney? Was it a gamble worth taking?

Well they said soft tissue damage so it's sore but nothing more so absolutely without a doubt worth taking the gamble. If we hadn't lost Rafael I think we would have got the fourth reasonably quickly and finished off the tie.

Nice to see Purple Nose be so gracious in defeat btw.

Yes this was funny, particularly as Wenger handled it all so magnanimously (for a change) on Tuesday...

Apples and oranges.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

Which would make us the most successful English club in the history of that competition as well.

Loving all this angst.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts

Jeebus.

Someone break out the Digestives and Viennese Whirls for poor P**l.
    WHERE'S THAT BLOODY CUPPA??? PEOPLE ARE IN PAIN HERE.

They could never be City fans. Kleenex couldn't keep up!

How does Robben's goal rank for you serious football dudes? Goal of the season? Of the CL?

Nowhere near that. A lucky swing of the foot.

Now will you lads chill and check this library track

Delta Rhythm Section, The - 07 - Retro Themes; King Midnite by skel

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    How does Robben's goal rank for you serious football dudes? Goal of the season? Of the CL?

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm already going to say that it was better than any of the goals Messi scored against Arsenal, but not as good as the one Nasri scored against Porto.

Serious.

not as good as the one Nasri scored against Porto.

Serious.

That was the one that he beat like 3 defenders then scored from an ungodly angle?

I feel that.

The WC thread should be epic this rate.

Can't wait for those passport deficient Americans to realise their favourite internet forum has been swamped with soccer loving euromen.