TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well that was a bit shit.

A spokesperson told ManUtd.com, ?We?re pleased to report that Wayne has not suffered a fracture. The scan revealed only minor ligament damage.?

For now, the club is not commenting on how many games Wayne is likely to miss. However, Sir Alex Ferguson will say more about the matter in his regular press conference at Carrington on Friday morning (09:30 BST).

Bah, all FPL moves put on hold for now. I think (hope) the initial prediction of two weeks sounds about right. Putting United concerns to the side for the moment, for England's sake lets just hope he gets back in time to get a good run out before the WC.

Duder, valid points about expectations plus the fact that we initially led the match while Arsenal were two down obviously helps the matter. Just surprised me a little that people were portraying it as a massive blow rather than a reasonable away result. Would have been nice to wrap it up before Arjen "honestly, i'm only 26" Robben returned though.

It probably was a foul you just don't tend to get those given as penalties in European matches at that level. Apart from at the Emirates I guess . Certainly makes the second leg an even juicier proposition anyway.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Bah, all FPL moves put on hold for now. I think (hope) the initial prediction of two weeks sounds about right. Putting United concerns to the side for the moment, for England's sake lets just hope he gets back in time to get a good run out before the WC.

IMO, If United can't have him then I don't see why England should. (a popular and selfless opinion I know). Let's not forget big John O'Shea and Owen Hargreaves are on the way back as well.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

IMO, If United can't have him then I don't see why England should. (a popular and selfless opinion I know). Let's not forget big John O'Shea and Owen Hargreaves are on the way back as well.

(If I ever see an "I SHOT THIERRY HENRY" t-shirt, it's in the post)

IMO, this injury is perfect. Rooney gets a rest, he'll be fit for the WC, but likely to miss a host of important games for UTD.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts

gets a rest, he'll be fit for the WC

lying on his back, drinking pints eating pies..

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Will you people shut up about football?

Shakatak, two years apart.
    Some early manifestation of Soho meeja wunderkid in red Trevor Horn specs and a silver flecked neon blue jacket with big box shoulders hired to style the Light Funksters.

"OK guys, you've gotta lose the Andy Fordham lookalike. Like now. You, Ron Weasly, grow that ginger mop out so we can get it gelled to the max, yah? You, lose the mullet. And do try to look a bit more comfortable, please. Young people today want to see you enjoying it. 1982 for god's sake. Hmmm, you, you're a fine strapping lad aren't you. I'm seeing bright shirts, rolled up sleeves, clingy red pegs; it's all the rage you know. Oh, and get a woman in. Like Chaka Khan but a little paler, d'ya know what I mean? No but d'y'know what I mean though?! Yah. Fnnnhh fnnnhhh."

Will you people shut up about football?

Shakatak, two years apart.
    Oh, and get a some hormone-replacement therapy in.

Looks like the uncle got told that his experience was no longer valued within the group and that he'd be back tinkling the ivories in old man pubs before the day was over.

The music industry is a harsh mistress indeed.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    whats the deal with shakatak skel.
    i always thought i was doing good leaving them next to the jim reeves and james last.
    they invest every thrift/flea/junk shop i go to.

In the past year I have taken to taking on every britfunk 12 I can find in the charity shops. Even JALN Band.

As you rightly say, Shakatak are somewhat overly represented in the field, but increasingly I am finding that elbows are being solidly felt.

It's like they took the best of jazz funk playing, some great melodies, really tight song structure, boiled it up and then syringed all the soul and grittiness out, leaving something akin to skimmed milk. Quintessentially English, IMHO.

I dig it. Check out Covina, Nightbirds, Down on the Street, Summer Sky.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I used to like this one BITD. I may still have the 12" of it somewhere.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    aight

well records that go for 50cents wont really hurt my wallet.
    ill give it a listen

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    As a bassist I am more than familiar, George Anderson can put the sickness down deffo. Check "Chances Are" as it grooves out. Drummer is "JimPster"'s dad. I play along without shame and you must deal.

Bird (Jill Seaweed) was famous on top of the pops for wearing less than she should. She's a bit Mutton-Dressed-As-Lamb for me, but I digress. If you want a Chaka-like, at least start out with a gringdonkleous rack first (8008135

(.)(.),(y)

-R)

St*v*, still need to check out that "Engrish-as-a-4th-language privater hundpfiffe gelt". I tip my hat to you for these.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    arsenal had to wait till the ultimate second to beat a 10 man wolves...
    really???
    wenger will he stay?

the race for 4th is ill as well

ibra will miss the match with piqu? and puyol
    arshavin/cesc will miss

cant wait for wed

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Arsenal did dominate the game and have a ton of shots though, unlucky not have scored more plus Man Utd only beat them 1-0 last time they played and they beat Tottenham twice this season. It doesn't matter though, they still won and of course Wenger will stay, Real Madrid want him but he would never ever move there as it goes completely against the way he manages.

• i know this is a late pass, but has this been discussed?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    +

+

Spuds losing.

+

LFC drawing.

=

Good weekend.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Arsenal without Song for tomorrow's game too. That seems like the final nail in the coffin, he's been so important this year and it also means that Campbell will have to start (i'm not even contemplating Tweetie playing) after playing 90 minutes on Saturday. Ugh. I hope Bendtner gets a lucky goal and we scrape though but am so pessimistic.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    barca withouth puyol/piqu? is suspect though
    they are basically only a 2 man Defense line that plays like 3 or 4

song hurts you guys in the middle a lot

but abidal and yaya are not great...no ibra is not good as well for headers
    bojan has shown flashes (him vs arshavin would have been great) but i dont know

Jeffren was hurt so they will rely on sergio...
    but then you add xavi,pedro messi,maxwell,alves...
    we should be fine

El classico will be insanity....

what i want to see is barca hoist the CL trophy in the bernabeu...and then win the la liga title...it would be hilarious

Kaka is milk carton he needs to showup in a big way against barca saturday

So I was taken to see Oliver! (never forget the exclamation mark) on Saturday evening as part of a family activity. While the show was ok and reinforced my lifelong belief that the musical/film is extremely heavily weighted to the first half and fades into boring Nancy solos after Oliver is saved, I was mightily impressed by the technical magic of the stage as it moved up/down left/right flipped etc. I tell you what, things have sure moved on since I last experienced the magic of the west end.

There is talk now of this theatre trip becoming a more regular activity and I suspect my suggestions of Mamet plays will lose out in favour of musical popcorn. Anyone sat through many of these cash rich shows and can recommend some that aren't horrendously painful? I've seen Lion King which wasn't bad and would prefer not to give onion head Webber any of my hard earned cash.

i know this is a late pass, but has this been discussed?

I chuckled at some of the jokes, but now I've seen that trailer I probably don't need to watch the movie. Best line was the last one: "So let me get this straight. Our dad was bro-mantically involved with a guy he could fit in his pocket, and you're mad because he was white?"

Strutnip.

Anyone sat through many of these cash rich shows and can recommend some that aren't horrendously painful? I've seen Lion King which wasn't bad and would prefer not to give onion head Webber any of my hard earned cash.

quite a few are akin to water boarding. joseph for example is hell in a handbasket. blood brothers is aiiiight. chicago has lots of tights and stuff, dames strutting their stuff. maybe that one?

Anyone sat through many of these cash rich shows and can recommend some that aren't horrendously painful? I've seen Lion King which wasn't bad and would prefer not to give onion head Webber any of my hard earned cash.

quite a few are akin to water boarding. joseph for example is hell in a handbasket. blood brothers is aiiiight. chicago has lots of tights and stuff, dames strutting their stuff. maybe that one?

LOL, I suspect that Joseph would be the Webber/Rice straw that broke this camel's back. I was wondering about Chicago though I think some careful planning ahead of time so as to get the best options with the guest "stars" appearing.
    They're all so damn long though, about halfway through the second part of Oliver! as they broke into their 15th carefully coordinated street dance scene I felt an overwhelming urge to throw myself out of my cheap seats up in the heavens and land splat on the stage at Rhys Jones tippity tapping feet.

Arsenal without Song for tomorrow's game too. That seems like the final nail in the coffin[/b], he's been so important this year and it also means that Campbell will have to start (i'm not even contemplating Tweetie playing) after playing 90 minutes on Saturday. Ugh. I hope Bendtner gets a lucky goal and we scrape though but am so pessimistic.

Campbell is doubtful with a calf injury.

This leaves a back line of

Sagna Silvestre Vermaelen Clichy

in midfield, Rosicky is also doubtful with a hamstring, so our choices look like

Walcott Denilson Nasri Diaby

and Bendtner up front with Eduardo, or Eboue?

We're fooked. No substitutes[/b] from what I can work out... who else does Wenger have that can play, or even be named to sit on the bench? Couple of Carling Cup kids, but are any even registered to play in the Champions League?

Injured: Arshavin, Fabregas, Van Percy, Gallas, Campbell, Rosicky, Song, Gibbs, Ramsey. That's most of our first 11, and Campbell.

Barca are missing their two first choice centre-backs and Ibrahimabitch... but I can't see that being a problem for them. Would love to have seen both squads at full strength. Well, mainly Arsenal's.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    So I was taken to see Oliver! (never forget the exclamation mark) on Saturday evening as part of a family activity. While the show was ok and reinforced my lifelong belief that the musical/film is extremely heavily weighted to the first half and fades into boring Nancy solos after Oliver is saved, I was mightily impressed by the technical magic of the stage as it moved up/down left/right flipped etc. I tell you what, things have sure moved on since I last experienced the magic of the west end.

There is talk now of this theatre trip becoming a more regular activity and I suspect my suggestions of Mamet plays will lose out in favour of musical popcorn. Anyone sat through many of these cash rich shows and can recommend some that aren't horrendously painful? I've seen Lion King which wasn't bad and would prefer not to give onion head Webber any of my hard earned cash.

I've heard that Jersey Boys is very entertaining.

Last year I finally saw that girls-night-in essential Dirty Dancing for the first time, and was actually quite surprised at how smart and enjoyable it was. Like many other women of a certain age, my missus swears by it. She & her mates went to see the stage musical a couple of years ago and had a great time. Your mileage may vary.

Hi A*i

I've heard that Jersey Boys is very entertaining.

Last year I finally saw that girls-night-in essential Dirty Dancing for the first time, and was actually quite surprised at how smart and enjoyable it was. Like many other women of a certain age, my missus swears by it. She & her mates went to see the stage musical a couple of years ago and had a great time. Your mileage may vary.

Hell yeah. I seemed to spend at least half my childhood at girl's birthday parties with Dirty Dancing on in the background and succumbed to its charms many moons ago, it's a cut above the average "girlie movie". I actually went along with a group of friends and watched it in the park on a massive inflatable screen a couple of years ago. One of the most enjoyable movie experiences of my life as the increasingly drunk crowd,a few thousand strong, booed as the sleazeball appaeared and gasped and screamed as Swayze did his thing.

I can probably still recite many of the lyrics to She's Like The Wind which is probably something I shouldn't write on an internet forum.

I should probably consider the live show as it would also make my better half extremely happy though it won't be the same without the Swayze.

Hi A*i

LOL I was wondering if you'd pop up to comment on that today. I was out and about yesterday and noticed that the police presence was somewhat higher than normal for a game then put two and two together. 3 points from our last 24 has pretty much waved goodbye to the dizzy heights of the Championship next season.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Drats, I thought that was going to be about 'Millwall the Musical'.

LOL, I suspect that Joseph would be the Webber/Rice straw that broke this camel's back. I was wondering about Chicago though I think some careful planning ahead of time so as to get the best options with the guest "stars" appearing.
    They're all so damn long though, about halfway through the second part of Oliver! as they broke into their 15th carefully coordinated street dance scene I felt an overwhelming urge to throw myself out of my cheap seats up in the heavens and land splat on the stage at Rhys Jones tippity tapping feet.

lol. i cosign. anything that requires an entracte is usually too long.

i saw annie get your gun at the young vic, with Bubbles out of Ab-Fab as Annie. Surprisingly entertaining, clever set design and schitt. I actually enjoyed it, couldn't believe that. Young Vic highly recommended, seats are comfy too.

Of course you have the alterno-sub-pap-genre of things like "the abba one" and the "queen one", we won't go into that. unless your middle aged and think dancing in the aisles is raving, avoid.