Where's the latest Israel/Palestine 74-page rager?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah, word up. Peace.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Hamas are a bunch of pricks and deserve to get f*cking wiped off the map.

Hahah, word up. Peace.

huh??

• Hamas can never be destroyed as long as the completely illegal and utterly brutal occupation continues. If I were a hopeless young Palestinian I'd probably join Hamas and try to destroy Israel. And you would, too.

• This isn't collective punishment of an entire population...

hyperbole

But...but....but....why can't they just go up and down the streets asking who is with Hamas and just punish them.....you know, after they get a top notch lawyer and a fair trial??

So instead we should shove all the Palestinians we can into a section of the country, till it becomes the most densely populated area on planet earth. Then we can build a giant wall around it topped with barbed wire and rifle towers. We'll stop medical supplies from entering this area and periodically bomb the shit out of the civilians there.

This is insane.

30 Palestinian children were killed this weekend.

• 30 Palestinian children were killed this weekend.

source please

source please

DR. MUSTAFA BARGHOUTI:

"But let me say that what Israel is doing in Gaza is not an act of self-defense, as it is claiming. It???s not an attack on Hamas. It is an attack on the whole Palestinian population. What we see is a war crime, a bloodbath, unprecedented since 1967. What we have had so far is 318 people killed, including thirty children, and at least 1,400 people injured, including 150 children and forty women. I was shocked deeply today over the fact that yesterday the Israeli planes destroyed a house in Jabaliya camp and killed five girls, five sisters from one family, and injured their mother seriously and critically. This is a bloodbath that should stop immediately."

Israeli Attacks Kill Over 310 in Gaza in One of Israel???s Bloodiest Attacks on Palestinians Since 1948

source please

DR. MUSTAFA BARGHOUTI:

"But let me say that what Israel is doing in Gaza is not an act of self-defense, as it is claiming. It???s not an attack on Hamas. It is an attack on the whole Palestinian population. What we see is a war crime, a bloodbath, unprecedented since 1967. What we have had so far is 318 people killed, including thirty children, and at least 1,400 people injured, including 150 children and forty women. I was shocked deeply today over the fact that yesterday the Israeli planes destroyed a house in Jabaliya camp and killed five girls, five sisters from one family, and injured their mother seriously and critically. This is a bloodbath that should stop immediately."

Israeli Attacks Kill Over 310 in Gaza in One of Israel???s Bloodiest Attacks on Palestinians Since 1948

Are your sources on this reliable?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    First, question the source of info.

Then when that doesn't work, claim that Hamas "soldiers" use live children as body armour.

• His name sounds untrustworthy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Barghouti

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

30 Palestinian children were killed this weekend.

source please

DR. MUSTAFA BARGHOUTI:

Are your sources on this reliable?
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioi_0jtO9RjMwPNRoXNCndRPRq3gD95CJG0G0

The three-day death toll rose to 364 on Monday, with some 1,400 reported wounded, according to Palestinian medical officials. The U.N. said at least 62 of the dead were civilians, and medics said eight children under the age of 17 were killed in two separate strikes overnight.

In Israel, 17 people have been killed in attacks from Gaza since the beginning of the year, including nine civilians ??? six of them killed by rockets ??? and eight soldiers, according to Israel's Foreign Ministry

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i think israel is coming down WAY too harsh. too much collateral damage to be had this time round.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This isn't collective punishment of an entire population...

hyperbole

But...but....but....why can't they just go up and down the streets asking who is with Hamas and just punish them.....you know, after they get a top notch lawyer and a fair trial??

So instead we should shove all the Palestinians we can into a section of the country, till it becomes the most densely populated area on planet earth. Then we can build a giant wall around it topped with barbed wire and rifle towers. We'll stop medical supplies from entering this area and periodically bomb the shit out of the civilians there.

This is insane.

You have to marvel at the astonishing technology that permits the IDF to bomb the shit out of Gaza, kill a tonne of soldiers, militants, Hamas muckymucks, and what have you, while only killing several dozen or so civilians (depending on what source you choose to believe). They're blowing up entire buildings in what you claim is the world's most densely populated area and only killing handfuls of the folks people generally feel shouldn't be killed during war. That's nuts.

• I think they are flexing to try to stop reminding them of their botched and brutal invasion of Lebanon a few summers ago.

• with a botched and brutal invasion of the Gaza Strip?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

i think israel is coming down WAY too harsh. too much collateral damage to be had this time round.

It seems to me like the concept of proportionality is basically academic.

You assess a military action by what it accomplished relative to what it was intended to accomplish. If Israel's intention is to flex some muscle to remind the Syrians and Iranians not to mess with it, then systematically destroying the Hamas infrastructure may well be the thing to do.

I don't know how you argue that proportionality has a place in realpolitik. One of you proportionalists should give it a go.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

This ain???t no party, this ain???t no disco,
    This ain???t no fooling around

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

It seems to me like the concept of proportionality is basically academic.

You assess a military action by what it accomplished relative to what it was intended to accomplish. If Israel's intention is to flex some muscle to remind the Syrians and Iranians not to mess with it, then systematically destroying the Hamas infrastructure may well be the thing to do.

I don't know how you argue that proportionality has a place in realpolitik. One of you proportionalists should give it a go.

check my prior post:

The three-day death toll rose to 364 on Monday, with some 1,400 reported wounded, according to Palestinian medical officials. The U.N. said at least 62 of the dead were civilians, and medics said eight children under the age of 17 were killed in two separate strikes overnight.

In Israel, 17 people have been killed in attacks from Gaza since the beginning of the year, including nine civilians ??? six of them killed by rockets ??? and eight soldiers, according to Israel's Foreign Ministry

seeing as the usa funds the idf and is one of israels biggest allies i must be coming across as unpatriotic but i cannot support the wanton use of firepower against civilians ever...period... in any circumstance.
    call me ignorant i guess.

• with a botched and brutal invasion of the Gaza Strip?

Pretty much - through their raid are they not guaranteeing the indoctrination of the next generation of Hamas recruits? I'm going to guess that they aren't swaying Palestinians to the other side with this display.

• Pretty much - through their raid are they not guaranteeing the indoctrination of the next generation of Hamas recruits? I'm going to guess that they aren't swaying Palestinians to the other side with this display.

I'm starting to wonder if the Israeli state really wants to destroy Hamas. Without Hamas they wouldn't have any justification for their giant war machine. Or the constant brutal oppression of Palestinians.

seeing as the usa funds the idf and is one of israels biggest allies i must be coming across as unpatriotic but i cannot support the wanton use of firepower against civilians ever...period... in any circumstance.
    call me ignorant i guess.

I'd hardly call the bombing wanton. Wanton is firebombing a city specifically to kill civilians. Targeting military/government installations and killing civilians collaterally is not. That's what happens in war. Ergo, war's the pits.

From my perspective, the significant question is whether those civilian deaths are justified. Or, more generally, what justifies civilian deaths. Sure, the the knee-jerk response it to yell that nothing justifies a civilian death, but that's not really a practical position to adopt. Tough questions.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Pretty much - through their raid are they not guaranteeing the indoctrination of the next generation of Hamas recruits? I'm going to guess that they aren't swaying Palestinians to the other side with this display.

I'm starting to wonder if the Israeli state really wants to destroy Hamas. Without Hamas they wouldn't have any justification for their giant war machine. Or the constant brutal oppression of Palestinians.

Utterly bizarro logic.

Dude, Hamas = Iran. Hamas and its ilk are proxies. A narrow view of the conflict that sees only a sort of perversely symbiotic relationship between Hamas and Israel misses the point entirely. There's a reason Egypt et al are tacitly supporting Israel; it's all about regional power dynamics. People on the ground are just cannon fodder.

Plaese tell me someone isn't on here trying to rationalize the murder of innocent children.

• Isn't that the line of business Hamas is in - murdering innocents and rationalizing it?

Utterly bizarro logic.

Not really...and closer to the truth that many of y'all in here will ever allow yourselves to get.

Isn't that the line of business Hamas is in - murdering innocents and rationalizing it?

And?

2 wrongs make a right?

• In this case, 2 wrongs make a war.

Utterly bizarro logic.

Not really...and closer to the truth that many of y'all in here will ever allow yourselves to get.

It's true. I neglected to put on my tin foil cap long ago. Now I'm a lost cause. My brain has been fried by chemtrails and I definitely can't grasp that special knowledge that you and the other select hold dear. Please don't pitty me; it's my own fault.