Ron Paul is lizard people.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Lookie hereb,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121y???allb,121b, 21h,121
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121y???allb,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b,121b,121sweet, more smoked-out ramblings from the guy who thinks Slash is better than Jimmy Pageb,121b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/badassbuddy_com-ledzeppelin.gi" alt="" /1

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Lookie here, I just think people are taking this presidential election charade way too seriously. I don???t think either candidate will do anything beyond exactly what the F*ck they are told to do by their handlers. You really think once Ronald Reagan served his 8 years, that they???d ever install a real president again? Might as well put Mickey Mouse into the office???as it???s all for show. And I say that because our history had been scripted long ago and damned if we as ???the people??? have been able to change it significantly to date. Because that???s what you are doing by voting for an establishment guy like Obama???changing nothing. Voting for president nowadays is just there to appease you and make you feel like you are contributing. In local elections, you still wield a bit of real power???but in the big arena, yeah right. b,121b, 21My contention is exactly that our current 2-party system is like fiat money, in that it only retains value by how much confidence you put in it. And as long as the system is able to contain the people???s enthusiasm within a repeating pendulum swing that is about as narrow as could be to the point of hardly any difference at all, WE REMAIN FUCKED. In other countries, they fight in the streets for justice, spilling blood and making real sacrifices to make things right. Here, merely asking someone to vote outside of the 2-party oligarchy is too much to ask to the point of being perceived as insanity. b,121b, 21Nothing I say here is meant to be about me being better than anyone. It???s just that this being-duped-into-thinking that Obama, who is the better of 2 evils at best, is actually going to have our government begin turning the tide towards actually working in our interest is as laughable as it is tragic. This very well could have been one of those moments where people take their lives into their own hands, but instead we are just going to trust the next product of a system that has been nothing but a terror for the longest. b,121b, 21So yeah, if my frustration with this mass half-assedness comes out through hoping that a last-minute wrench can somehow be thrown into the master plan of Obama being delivered to the White House on a platter made of Ameros, then so be it. I wish misfortune on the whole lot of them in their plots to further consolidate power away from the individual, family, an/or local community. And never in a trillion years could I ever be as underhanded as they have proven to be at every turn. b,121b, 21So ultimately, I say F*ck em long before I would ever say support them in any way, shape, or form. Some of y???all remember when it was divestment from South Africa time. Well, some of us have been waiting far too long for y???all to realize that it???s already long-been divestment from the US establishment time. Because the longer y???all wait, the longer it hurts all of us across the entire world. This is not the only place, but this is definitely a place where your complicity is showing. By voting for either Obama or McCain , you are cosigning senseless war, economic theft, environmental catastrophe, the destruction of personal privacy, etc. You already know that even if some good comes out of either candidate that it will still pale in comparison to their constant bads. I really don???t know how y???all could stand behind such a low standard. b,121b, 21But yeah, Obama win...forgone conclusion...HOORAY! b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21lol

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121lol b,121b, 21h,121
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121In other countries, they fight in the streets for justice, spilling blood and making real sacrifices to make things right.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/know.gif" alt="" /1

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Harvey,b, 21 I don't think everything you post here is based on crackpot conspiracy theories and wacky fringe lunatic ideals. I think you're a good person who wants the world to be the best it can be for your and future generations. I think the results that you desire are good, if not utopian. Unfortunately, I also think for the most part they are unrealistic.b,121b,121 b, 21 We're dealing with humans.....imperfect beings to whom you can not dictate or design morals for nor make them follow. I wish our government was more sympathetic to ALL of it's citizens.....it's not. I wish our citizens were more sympathetic to each other....they're not. I wish every single person in our country would "do the right thing" and be accountable for their actions on every level....they're not. This isn't an American problem, this isn't a world as we know it today problem, this is a HUMAN problem. And once we can get rid of these damn humans these problems will disappear.b,121b, 21b, 21 Wars, just or unjust, are a human trait that can be traced back to the origin of man. Greed is a uniquely human trait that can be seen on infinite levels. Humans don't respect each other as a whole and always need someone to feel superior to. I see no basic difference in the politician who lines his pocket with millions at the citizens expense and the mugger who hurts an old woman while stealing 3 bucks out of her purse other than level of opportunity.b,121b, 21b, 21 So you want our politicians to be moral and honest, and our police to be held to a higher standard, and our citizens to always "do the right thing". And everyone to love and respect each other. Who in their right mind DOESN'T want these things. But there is one thing keeping us from acheiving this....the reality of human behavior. b,121b, 21b, 21 I think that as Americans we expect America to be held to a higher standard, and for the most part it is. I think because we have strived to hold high standards, and tried to preach/enforce them outside our borders, the rest of the world expects us to be held to a high standard....at the very least the standard that we try to project on the world.b,121b, 21b, 21 And for the most part we do......America is still a destination for immigrants looking for a better life. But overall we're a nation of imperfect humans.....just like every other country. We're easy to hate...partly because of our hypocrasy, our desire to control things we have no business controlling and partly because of jealousy.b,121b, 21b, 21 For the most part your goals are admirable. You see the results of human nature and want to change them. And telling you to not even try is probably cynical and defeatist, but it's an uphill battle at best. Have all the enthusiasm and motivation you can muster, just don't be offended or disappointed when the reality of human nature throws a monkey wrench at you.b,121b,121 b, 21 All we can all strive towards is to be better and even you admit a Barack presidency is a move in that direction.....be happy for that reason if he wins.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b,121b,121My contention is exactly that our current 2-party system is like fiat moneyb,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21b, 21I wouldn't think too highly of multi-party systems.b,121b, 21We just had out election and the Conservatives won with 32% of the vote in a 5 party election.b,121b, 2132% of the vote and they came close to a majority government. It kinda scares me that they could have had total free reign with almost less than 30% of the total vote...

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121We're dealing with humans...b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21not according to Harvey!b,121b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif" alt="" /1

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If Obama's wins its still a symbolic victory regardless of his establishment status.b, 21b, 21For a Black kid to see a reflection of himself leading the country does wonders for the human ego, even if its an illusion.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121If Obama's wins its still a symbolic victory regardless of his establishment status.b, 21b, 21For a Black kid to see a reflection of himself leading the country does wonders for the human ego, even if its an illusion. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1b, 21But still not a major factor in why I voted for him.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121If Obama's wins its still a symbolic victory regardless of his establishment status.b, 21b, 21For a Black kid to see a reflection of himself leading the country does wonders for the human ego, even if its an illusion. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1b, 21But still not a major factor in why I voted for him. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21No doubt. Harvet seems to think dude is just a government robot. It goes beyond that, just like if Hilary was to win. Breakin the mold of the Old white dude says somethin'.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121If Obama's wins its still a symbolic victory regardless of his establishment status.b, 21b, 21For a Black kid to see a reflection of himself leading the country does wonders for the human ego, even if its an illusion. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1b, 21But still not a major factor in why I voted for him. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21No doubt. Harvet seems to think dude is just a government robot. It goes beyond that, just like if Hilary was to win. Breakin the mold of the Old white dude says somethin'. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Scary thought......b, 21b, 21I've never felt like I could become president because they are always rich, well educated white dudes.b, 21b, 21But Sarah Palin is the closest thing to an average every day idiot like myself to come close to the White House.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121 And I say that because our history had been scripted long ago and damned if we as ???the people??? have been able to change it significantly to date. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Our destiny is preordained? Not by G-d but by them?

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b, 21Are destiny is preordained? Not by G-d but by them? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Huh?? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" /1

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121symbolic victoryb, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21this is a chance for America to show the world that we actually believe what we say we do - that individuals from humble backgrounds can achieve the highest levels of success through aptitude, education & hard work - imho that's the American Dream - not some Joe the Plumber bullshit about becoming a millionaire & buying a McMansion

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121symbolic victoryb, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21this is a chance for America to show the world that we actually believe what we say we do - that individuals from humble backgrounds can achieve the highest levels of success through aptitude, education & hard work - imho that's the American Dream - not some Joe the Plumber bullshit about becoming a millionaire & buying a McMansion b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21b, 21That's the realest shit in this whole thread.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b, 21Are destiny is preordained? Not by G-d but by them? b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Huh?? img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lush.gif" alt="" /1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Sorry I meant 'our' not 'are'. HC

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121If Obama's wins its still a symbolic victory regardless of his establishment status.b, 21b, 21For a Black kid to see a reflection of himself leading the country does wonders for the human ego, even if its an illusion. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1b, 21But still not a major factor in why I voted for him. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21No doubt. Harvet seems to think dude is just a government robot. It goes beyond that, just like if Hilary was to win. Breakin the mold of the Old white dude says somethin'. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Breakin' the mold of the old white dude only matters to Harvey if HE is the one doing it and Black people congratulate him on doing it, y'all.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Scary thought......b, 21b, 21I've never felt like I could become president because they are always rich, well educated white dudes.b, 21b, 21But Sarah Palin is the closest thing to an average every day idiot like myself to come close to the White House. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Actually Harry Truman was not a rich man. He was by no stretch of the imagination privileged other than the fact that he survived and thrived in the very corrupt Missouri political system with a reputation of honesty and service before becoming a US Senator and eventually President. But then again, he also was not an idiot.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b, 21Breakin' the mold of the old white dude only matters to Harvey if Z-Ro/b1 is the one doing it and Black people congratulate him on doing it, y'all. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121If Obama's wins its still a symbolic victory regardless of his establishment status.b, 21b, 21For a Black kid to see a reflection of himself leading the country does wonders for the human ego, even if its an illusion. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cos3ve.gif" alt="" /1b, 21But still not a major factor in why I voted for him. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21No doubt. Harvet seems to think dude is just a government robot. It goes beyond that, just like if Hilary was to win. Breakin the mold of the Old white dude says somethin'. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Breakin' the mold of the old white dude only matters to Harvey if HE is the one doing it and Black people congratulate him on doing it, y'all. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21b, 21Some day when he's the president of the Free Republic of Texas, you're going to regret saying things like that...

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Scary thought......b, 21b, 21I've never felt like I could become president because they are always rich, well educated white dudes.b, 21b, 21But Sarah Palin is the closest thing to an average every day idiot like myself to come close to the White House. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21Actually Harry Truman was not a rich man. He was by no stretch of the imagination privileged other than the fact that he survived and thrived in the very corrupt Missouri political system with a reputation of honesty and service before becoming a US Senator and eventually President. But then again, he also was not an idiot. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Likewise Nixon and Clinton. Not rich, but smart and ambitious.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b, 21Breakin' the mold of the old white dude only matters to Harvey if Z-Ro/b1 is the one doing it and Black people congratulate him on doing it, y'all. b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Birdman's original poast was a lot funnier.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121symbolic victoryb, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21this is a chance for America to show the world that we actually believe what we say we do - that individuals from humble backgrounds can achieve the highest levels of success through aptitude, education & hard work - imho that's the American Dream - not some Joe the Plumber bullshit about becoming a millionaire & buying a McMansion b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21What a nice story...too bad it's inaccurate in that it took extremely rich establishment men to champion, fund, and program Obama in order for him to attain the success he is currently on the brink of. Without those extremely rich men coaching/backing him, Obama probably doesn't ever leave Chicago.b, 21b, 21I also value the "symbolic victory" that a black man or a woman or anyone else not like the past 40+ presidents carries...but not under these pretences that are evidentally saying that now anyone can become the face-person for one of the most corrupt/evil forces of modern history.b, 21b, 21The assumption seems to be that Obama is just going to fix problems originated by Bush and company...but I'm afraid that's just the hook being used to get him in. b, 21b, 21I agree that Obama seems like a more capable diplomat than we've had for quite some time. But I really don't see what he's done to earn my trust when I learn that he is pro-war in Afghanistan, pro-intervention in Pakistan, pro-big business swindle in relation to the bail-outs, pro-diminishing of our civil liberties by way of various legislative motions, quite extreme in his anti-gun stance, etc. And that's without even needing to dig deeper in to the analysis of the agendas of those who sponsor him.b,121b, 21How Obama is going to improve anything apart from some minor surface considerations, I'm just not seeing. b, 21b, 21Y'all are definitely going to get a spirited lift out of seeing your dude win...and that's cool on one hand as y'all deserve something to be joyful about when it comes to US politics. But in the end, it's just going to be the same-old shit now delivered by someone you are going to try as hard as possible to grant the benefit of the doubt to at every turn. And that to me could very well be a more dangerous situation than our current one where we look to scrutinize our president in full detail before ever even considering to play apologist for him. b, 21b, 21Believe me, I sincerely hope that Obama can win me over with actions that I can cosign. I just highly doubt that he will be any more than the gutless robot that his campaign in all actuality indicates.b, 21b, 21Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to be able to stand up to Bush/McCain. Obama has done a great job of it in many regards...I don't deny that. But the afflictions of this country are hardly contained within Republican circles alone. Obama needs to stand up against a much broader evil...and up to this point, it doesn't seem that he is man enough for the job.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121rich establishment fund program pretences corrupt/evil forces the hook earn my trust swindle civil liberties extreme anti-gun dig deeper analysis agendas of those who sponsor him. same-old shit dangerous situation win me over I can cosign. gutless robot genius Bush/McCain. much broader evil...b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21b, 21lol

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121b, 21Birdman's original poast was a lot funnier. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21My apologies, next time I'll hilariously misspell some common words for you instead

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121b, 21Birdman's original poast was a lot funnier. b,121b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21My apologies, next time I'll hilariously misspell some common words for you instead b,121b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Revealing the tender nature of your berries to Faux is a poor choice.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121What a surprise! Why don't we just execute Jospeh McVey/b1 while we're at it. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21img src="http://i14.tinypic.com/4ucdf7l.jpg"1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Yeah, I meant Timothy McVeigh. b, 21b, 21Oops.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121symbolic victoryb, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21this is a chance for America to show the world that we actually believe what we say we do - that individuals from humble backgrounds can achieve the highest levels of success through aptitude, education & hard work - imho that's the American Dream - not some Joe the Plumber bullshit about becoming a millionaire & buying a McMansion b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21What a nice story...too bad it's inaccurate in that it took extremely rich establishment men to champion, fund, and program Obama in order for him to attain the success he is currently on the brink of. Without those extremely rich men coaching/backing him, Obama probably doesn't ever leave Chicago.b, 21b, 21WHO DOESNT GET THE JOB DONE WITHOUT HELP? EVEN IF IT IS FINANCIAL?b, 21----------------------------------------------------------------------b, 21I also value the "symbolic victory" that a black man or a woman or anyone else not like the past 40+ presidents carries...but not under these pretences that are evidentally saying that now anyone can become the face-person for one of the most corrupt/evil forces of modern history.b, 21b, 21SO THESES PRETENSES NEGATE THE INHERENT MORAL BOOST THAT RESULTS IN SEEING A LEADING BLACK FACE ON TV - THATS NOT ENTERTAINING/SPORTS/ETC..? b, 21__________________________________________________________________________b, 21b, 21The assumption seems to be that Obama is just going to fix problems originated by Bush and company...but I'm afraid that's just the hook being used to get him in. b, 21b, 21CHANGE IS GRADUALb, 21____________________________________________________________b, 21b, 21I agree that Obama seems like a more capable diplomat than we've had for quite some time. But I really don't see what he's done to earn my trust when I learn that he is pro-war in Afghanistan, pro-intervention in Pakistan, pro-big business swindle in relation to the bail-outs, pro-diminishing of our civil liberties by way of various legislative motions, quite extreme in his anti-gun stance, etc. And that's without even needing to dig deeper in to the analysis of the agendas of those who sponsor him.b,121b, 21How Obama is going to improve anything apart from some minor surface considerations, I'm just not seeing.b, 21b, 21COOL, BUT YOU HAVE TO LET SHIT PAN OUT. b, 21b, 21Y'all are definitely going to get a spirited lift out of seeing your dude win...and that's cool on one hand as y'all deserve something to be joyful about when it comes to US politics. But in the end, it's just going to be the same-old shit now delivered by someone you are going to try as hard as possible to grant the benefit of the doubt to at every turn. And that to me could very well be a more dangerous situation than our current one where we look to scrutinize our president in full detail before ever even considering to play apologist for him. b, 21b, 21Believe me, I sincerely hope that Obama can win me over with actions that I can cosign. I just highly doubt that he will be any more than the gutless robot that his campaign in all actuality indicates.b, 21b, 21Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to be able to stand up to Bush/McCain. Obama has done a great job of it in many regards...I don't deny that. But the afflictions of this country are hardly contained within Republican circles alone. Obama needs to stand up against a much broader evil...and up to this point, it doesn't seem that he is man enough for the job. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21DUDE, DO YOU EXPECT OVERNIGHT 360 "CHANGE" FROM ANYONE GIVEN THIS POST? UR RAISING THE BAR ON SOME "I WANT A REAL MESSIAH" SHIT.b, 21b, 21Im not yellin'. Just sayin. I agree w/ healthy skepticism, but you really seem to be nitpicking this cat.

/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121symbolic victoryb, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b, 21this is a chance for America to show the world that we actually believe what we say we do - that individuals from humble backgrounds can achieve the highest levels of success through aptitude, education & hard work - imho that's the American Dream - not some Joe the Plumber bullshit about becoming a millionaire & buying a McMansion b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21What a nice story...too bad it's inaccurate in that it took extremely rich establishment men to champion, fund, and program Obama in order for him to attain the success he is currently on the brink of. Without those extremely rich men coaching/backing him, Obama probably doesn't ever leave Chicago.b, 21b, 21WHO DOESNT GET THE JOB DONE WITHOUT HELP? EVEN IF IT IS FINANCIAL?b, 21----------------------------------------------------------------------b, 21I also value the "symbolic victory" that a black man or a woman or anyone else not like the past 40+ presidents carries...but not under these pretences that are evidentally saying that now anyone can become the face-person for one of the most corrupt/evil forces of modern history.b, 21b, 21SO THESES PRETENSES NEGATE THE INHERENT MORAL BOOST THAT RESULTS IN SEEING A LEADING BLACK FACE ON TV - THATS NOT ENTERTAINING/SPORTS/ETC..? b, 21__________________________________________________________________________b, 21b, 21The assumption seems to be that Obama is just going to fix problems originated by Bush and company...but I'm afraid that's just the hook being used to get him in. b, 21b, 21CHANGE IS GRADUALb, 21____________________________________________________________b, 21b, 21I agree that Obama seems like a more capable diplomat than we've had for quite some time. But I really don't see what he's done to earn my trust when I learn that he is pro-war in Afghanistan, pro-intervention in Pakistan, pro-big business swindle in relation to the bail-outs, pro-diminishing of our civil liberties by way of various legislative motions, quite extreme in his anti-gun stance, etc. And that's without even needing to dig deeper in to the analysis of the agendas of those who sponsor him.b,121b, 21How Obama is going to improve anything apart from some minor surface considerations, I'm just not seeing.b, 21b, 21COOL, BUT YOU HAVE TO LET SHIT PAN OUT. b, 21b, 21Y'all are definitely going to get a spirited lift out of seeing your dude win...and that's cool on one hand as y'all deserve something to be joyful about when it comes to US politics. But in the end, it's just going to be the same-old shit now delivered by someone you are going to try as hard as possible to grant the benefit of the doubt to at every turn. And that to me could very well be a more dangerous situation than our current one where we look to scrutinize our president in full detail before ever even considering to play apologist for him. b, 21b, 21Believe me, I sincerely hope that Obama can win me over with actions that I can cosign. I just highly doubt that he will be any more than the gutless robot that his campaign in all actuality indicates.b, 21b, 21Seriously, it doesn't take a genius to be able to stand up to Bush/McCain. Obama has done a great job of it in many regards...I don't deny that. But the afflictions of this country are hardly contained within Republican circles alone. Obama needs to stand up against a much broader evil...and up to this point, it doesn't seem that he is man enough for the job. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21DUDE, DO YOU EXPECT OVERNIGHT 360 "CHANGE" FROM ANYONE GIVEN THIS POST? UR RAISING THE BAR ON SOME "I WANT A REAL MESSIAH" SHIT.b, 21b, 21Im not yellin'. Just sayin. I agree w/ healthy skepticism, but you really seem to be nitpicking this cat. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b, 21Nitpicking? b, 21b, 21What part of his platform/voting history am I supposed to like. Just saying "early childhood education" a few times without any explanation of what that entails does not cut the mustard for me...among many other monumental shortcomings.b, 21b, 21Plus, I've been down this road before when I gave Clinton the benefit of the doubt with his anti-Gulf War campaign in '92 and voted for him then regretted it just about every day from then on...especially when he fucked with Haiti the way he did.b, 21b, 21Of course I don't expect a 360 change from a man who is only even saying he's got like a 5 change in him.