Axlerod forgot to tell Obama...

1235»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    4) The Religious Right does not have near the power or numbers the far left has claimed it to have.

Well, they might in an election with a GOP candidate that can appeal to the RR PLUS other parts of the core GOP constituency. The problem this year is that no candidate could span the gap. I would never count these dudes out for the main reason that - when they chose to vote, they know how to turn it out.

If they were as big and as powerful as the far left claims they WOULD have a candidate that appeals to them....they don't.[/b]

6) Charisma > Experience

This is something you just learned? Really? 2000, 2004 weren't wake-up calls? Or like, you know, most of the American elections since 1976?

1960 is more like it.[/b]

10 Chelsea Clinton > Amy Carter

Doh - why you gotta do Amy like that?

It's close....I'll give you that.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Rock - I'm not sure who constitutes the far left these days, but most of the more liberal media has downplayed the Religious Right since jump...not that they deny their influence but they don't treat them as unbeatable force. See the New Yorker's election editorials after 2004.

4) The Religious Right does not have near the power or numbers the far left has claimed it to have.

Well, they might in an election with a GOP candidate that can appeal to the RR PLUS other parts of the core GOP constituency. The problem this year is that no candidate could span the gap. I would never count these dudes out for the main reason that - when they chose to vote, they know how to turn it out.

If they were as big and as powerful as the far left claims they WOULD have a candidate that appeals to them....they don't.[/b]

6) Charisma > Experience

This is something you just learned? Really? 2000, 2004 weren't wake-up calls? Or like, you know, most of the American elections since 1976?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rock - I'm not sure who constitutes the far left these days, but most of the more liberal media has downplayed the Religious Right since jump...not that they deny their influence but they don't treat them as unbeatable force. See the New Yorker's election editorials after 2004.

6) Charisma > Experience

By definition, "Evangelicals" are defined as far right and the numbers attributed to them are either inaccurate or they are defined incorrectly.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    It now turns out that Hillary forgot to tell Bill, John Edwards and everyone else that she borrowed their words whilst crusading against Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOjttmqIrc&feature=related