Axlerod forgot to tell Obama...

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Wait until you see the map this year. 1.An unknown, unvetted first term senator who 2.hasn't won a single big state in the primaries, who is 3.black and has a 4.muslim name and 5.ties to Nation of Islam, 6.who's drug use must have been so widely known that he had to try and head-off the criticism by defusing it in his autobiography, who has been 7.named the most liberal member of the senate. I mean, personally I like the guy and think he's a thoughtful civil servant who sincerely wants to help people, but I also think you're going to wish you listened to KVH come November.

1.this can also be a positive.he can play it as "lacks the time in DC to have been completely corroded by corruption"

2.OH,TX,PA should give us clarity on that. he didnt get NY or CA. do you think McCain will carry those states? sorry, no

3.does Mccain want to make campaign issue out of this? this whole campaign depends on this country being able to rise above the fact that he's multiracial. If republicans cant do that. well, fuck us all then, you conservative fucks

4.and he's a protestant. true, fox and nbc will keep flashing pictures of osama. oops! and having "slips of the tongue". i can see his name being an obstacle for our oh so educated general public.

5.what are the ties?

6."must have been"? ive read testimony from people who said he was exaggerating and they could hardly picture him having had a problem back then. bush's alcoholism hardly derailed his rise to the throne. barrack uses it as a "this is where i avoided the pitfalls that affect many young black males"...transcendent storyline

7.named by who? fox? it is hard to see him as having taken anything but middle of the road stances troughout his short senate life

hillary would get mauled.
    obama compared to mccain is fresh vs stale, energetic vs decrepit

And that Obamer boy wants to get sweared in on the Koh-ran and he refuses to worship the flag during the pledge of allegiance.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

McCain can actually point to a number of bipartisan efforts he has initiated, rather than just talk about it - many of them successful.

But he'll get hit on what matters: torture, taxes, and the war.

Not to mention, dude just looks OLD. He's going to fall into the same trap Hillary did - the image of a retiree-age white guy ex-POW shaking his fist at the young, energetic, quasi-ethnic "hope" guy...

He will look like this

its not a democratic primary anymore.

No - which means you guys have a lot more to worry about.

In almost every Democratic Primary, each candidate drew more votes than the entire Republican field put together.

Do you think that's going to change when it's Obama vs. Grandpa 100-years war?

Religious conservatives, riled up by Huckabee yesterday as he railed against the Republican Party, will sit a general election out... young people are energized... The big states will fall to the Democrats, much of the South and Midwest will also.

Many moderate Republicans will change their votes because of their college-age children, just like in the primaries.

Sorry for your loss.

Saba, I think your general tone and demeanor indicate that you are about on par with most people here, which is generally cautious about the outcome, it can still go either way. You know that this administration has tried people's patience and severly hampered a GOP cakewalk. And similarly, most Dems know not to underestimate their party leadership's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I hold out that it will be an interesting election come Nov no matter what, and that any administration will be better than this one.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Wait until you see the map this year. 1.An unknown, unvetted first term senator who 2.hasn't won a single big state in the primaries, who is 3.black and has a 4.muslim name and 5.ties to Nation of Islam, 6.who's drug use must have been so widely known that he had to try and head-off the criticism by defusing it in his autobiography, who has been 7.named the most liberal member of the senate. I mean, personally I like the guy and think he's a thoughtful civil servant who sincerely wants to help people, but I also think you're going to wish you listened to KVH come November.

1.this can also be a positive.he can play it as "lacks the time in DC to have been completely corroded by corruption"

2.OH,TX,PA should give us clarity on that. he didnt get NY or CA. do you think McCain will carry those states? sorry, no

3.does Mccain want to make campaign issue out of this? this whole campaign depends on this country being able to rise above the fact that he's multiracial. If republicans cant do that. well, fuck us all then, you conservative fucks

4.and he's a protestant. true, fox and nbc will keep flashing pictures of osama. oops! and having "slips of the tongue". i can see his name being an obstacle for our oh so educated general public.

5.what are the ties?

6."must have been"? ive read testimony from people who said he was exaggerating and they could hardly picture him having had a problem back then. bush's alcoholism hardly derailed his rise to the throne. barrack uses it as a "this is where i avoided the pitfalls that affect many young black males"...transcendent storyline

7.named by who? fox? it is hard to see him as having taken anything but middle of the road stances troughout his short senate life

hillary would get mauled.
    obama compared to mccain is fresh vs stale, energetic vs decrepit

And that Obamer boy wants to get sweared in on the Koh-ran and he refuses to worship the flag during the pledge of allegiance.

So which one is Dolo Yeung?

• those were some good lookin kidney beans on that plate in the final clip.
    mmmm

that little girl needs to run away fro all those mindfucking old ladies...she aint gonna age well rollin with that lot of harpies. girl, run to the bay, smoke some dope and hang out at groove merchant

• I know that it is heresy to question your faith, but.

Only his shadey Chicago background doesnt support this fantasy.

Massachusetts, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida (he didnt campaign, but he spent more money there)

This strategy is sure to attract voters.

That was NBC and Ted Kennedy not fox btw. And as for being Protestant, there arent a lot of Obamas listed in the Bridgeport Yacht Club registry.

5.what are the ties?

Cynthia K. Miller
    Jennifer Mason

thats not the type of thing politicians advertise. yes, its better to 'fess up once it comes out, but by getting people like you to see it as a "transcendent storyline" he's started the damage control.

National Journal

• mccain has more skeletons in his closet than any candidate who ran on either side. i dont think obama will have to use negative campaign ads to bring them to light - the press will have a field day on their own. plus, he is a horrible candidate. the election is going to be a joke. obama by 10 points. i will put money on him winning outright right now.

• mccain has more skeletons in his closet than any candidate who ran on either side. i dont think obama will have to use negative campaign ads to bring them to light - the press will have a field day on their own. plus, he is a horrible candidate. the election is going to be a joke. obama by 10 points. i will put money on him winning outright right now.

and kvh knows how to pick a winner.

• haha. put your money up , i got law school loans to pay off.

mccain has more skeletons in his closet than any candidate who ran on either side. i dont think obama will have to use negative campaign ads to bring them to light - the press will have a field day on their own. plus, he is a horrible candidate. the election is going to be a joke. obama by 10 points. i will put money on him winning outright right now.

Is this a sideways concession?

• The Gentle Lady from New York should promptly suspend her bid for the Democratic Presidential nomination.

Seriously. ^^^Notice the calm reasoned language. All jokes and shit talking aside, this is getting to be such a bad, bad look for her.

True. I can't stand Mitt Romney, but at least he was savvy enough to realize that he would only be hurting his party by staying in the race.

Yes. I'm sure he pulled out out of concern for his party.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    mccain has more skeletons in his closet than any candidate who ran on either side. i dont think obama will have to use negative campaign ads to bring them to light - the press will have a field day on their own. plus, he is a horrible candidate. the election is going to be a joke. obama by 10 points. i will put money on him winning outright right now.

but only if he concedes to SEVERE BLAME right?

but only if he concedes to SEVERE BLAME right?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm wondering what Hillary's strategy will be in the Texas debate tomorrow night.

If she tries to go at Obama's throat, it will turn even more of her supporters off and if she tries to play it cool and "most electable", it's too late and won't be enough...

I'd probably put my money on a show of emotion and maybe even some

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This bad boy is over and I am not referring to the primaries, I am talking about the general election. Clinton was all but mathematically eliminated last night. McCain doesn't really stand a chance against Obama. Even Sababada wants to vote for Barry.

As for McCain here's the headline from last night. Romney won %20 of the vote and he stopped campaigning several weeks ago. Brutal.

• I'd probably put my money on tears.

that would be so awesome.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

Not to mention, dude just looks OLD. He's going to fall into the same trap Hillary did - the image of a retiree-age white guy ex-POW shaking his fist at the young, energetic, quasi-ethnic "hope" guy...

He will look like this

agreed wholeheartedly

can we get a CLINTON "not a good look" graemlin????

• I know that it is heresy to question your faith, but.

Only his shadey Chicago background doesnt support this fantasy.

Massachusetts, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida (he didnt campaign, but he spent more money there)

This strategy is sure to attract voters.

That was NBC and Ted Kennedy not fox btw. And as for being Protestant, there arent a lot of Obamas listed in the Bridgeport Yacht Club registry.

5.what are the ties?

Cynthia K. Miller
    Jennifer Mason

thats not the type of thing politicians advertise. yes, its better to 'fess up once it comes out, but by getting people like you to see it as a "transcendent storyline" he's started the damage control.

National Journal

i'm glad we are in agreeeement!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What I've learned during this Presidential campaign thus far....

1) When running for President send your husband or wife on a year long cruise and keep them the hell out of the spotlight.

2) Anyone who thinks the Dems have the election "in the bag", regardless of their candidate, is ignorant and will be set up for major disappointment if they lose.

3) Sleazy politics are not exclusively Republican.

4) The Religious Right does not have near the power or numbers the far left has claimed it to have.

5) If/When Barack wins the nomination the amount of support the Clinton's give him will reveal their true character and ideals.

6) Charisma > Experience

7) The only way for this country to get back on track is to be politically united.

8) Some Dems and Reps are more likely to believe in the Easter Bunny than to believe someone could actually be a free thinking Independent

9) I will be voting for Obama, even if he doesn't get the Dem nomination.

10 Chelsea Clinton > Amy Carter

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    2) Anyone who thinks the Dems have the election "in the bag", regardless of their candidate, is ignorant and will be set up for major disappointment if they lose.

Also known as "The New England Patriot Syndrome".

Sleazy politics are not exclusively Republican.

b/w

Could Bloomberg be a VP candidate?

• Sleazy politics are not exclusively Republican.

b/w

no smoking anywhere in the united states and everybody has to use a drink coaster.

• Sleazy politics are not exclusively Republican.

b/w

no smoking anywhere in the united states and everybody has to use a drink coaster.

and he will buy everyone a coaster using his own fortune.

Same thing for New Hampshire, but no one seemed to care. If Hillary would have lost NH, Obama would have wrapped up the nom already.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    4) The Religious Right does not have near the power or numbers the far left has claimed it to have.

Well, they might in an election with a GOP candidate that can appeal to the RR PLUS other parts of the core GOP constituency. The problem this year is that no candidate could span the gap. I would never count these dudes out for the main reason that - when they chose to vote, they know how to turn it out.

6) Charisma > Experience

This is something you just learned? Really? 2000, 2004 weren't wake-up calls? Or like, you know, most of the American elections since 1976?

10 Chelsea Clinton > Amy Carter

Doh - why you gotta do Amy like that?

• What I've learned during this Presidential campaign thus far....

make sure you give your supporters some notes before they go on Hardball

• i think matthews got the bigger sonning though from Olberman. what an ass.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

geez, we'll be disappointed if we lose. Thanks for the heads up.

• 4) I would never count these dudes out for the main reason that they know how to turn it out.

speaking from experience??

geez, we'll be disappointed if we lose. Thanks for the heads up.

The point being that people who think things are "in the bag" usually don't work as hard as they should to accomplish their goal.