Axlerod forgot to tell Obama...

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
he already wrote that speech for someone else.

Comments

• oh keith.

• Jesus dude not you too.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    if this crap gets legs in the press then i am moving to Mexico.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    You just mad ???cause you were pulled out of retirement just to be traded.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    He's sampling, that's hip hop

• He's sampling, that's hip hop

yea, but you gotta pay royalties and cite the artists. joe biden got treated like biz markie when he did it, why does obama get a free pass??

did any of you fools actually watch the video??

• Yes, do you really think this is a big deal? Really? That bad, huh?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

yea, but you gotta pay royalties and cite the artists. joe biden got treated like biz markie when he did it, why does obama get a free pass??

I heard the audio clips on the radio this morning. Deval's our governor.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

He doesn't, I was just being a dick.
    Still, Obama > Hillary. Hillary is a calculating two face, a reverse carpetbaggeur, and has just as much "experience" as Obama does.

• no, he didn't plagiarize a whole speech, but for a guy who is building a rep based off of his speeches, i'd say its to say the least.

its not wrong to quote someone, but at least give the guy a shout out.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    oh keith.

K - the two men are close friends.

I'm not getting into this.

• Obama readily admitted the source upon being asked - they're friends and, according to each party, have worked closely together on the campaign.

This is really a stretch... and a pretty poor idea for refocusing on the issues (or Obama's lack of detail on them).

• Obama readily admitted the source upon being asked

ha - well there is a smoking gun here, the fact that he admitted it is really not the issue.

i also don't see how them being friends makes it better.

either one of three scenarios occurred:

1- axlerod wrote it for both and obama didn't even know he was recycling material

2- obama intentionally did not give the governor credit

3- obama negligently did not cite the governor

if its 1 or 3, i'm not faulting obama, if its 2, he deserves serious blame.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    if its 1 or 3, i'm not faulting obama, if its 2, he deserves serious blame[/b].

wow. you are really starting to drift into very odd thought processes when it comes to how you see this election race.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    OBAMA BIT THE BLOWED.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Obama readily admitted the source upon being asked

ha - well there is a smoking gun here, the fact that he admitted it is really not the issue.

i also don't see how them being friends makes it better.

either one of three scenarios occurred:

1- axlerod wrote it for both and obama didn't even know he was recycling material

2- obama intentionally did not give the governor credit

3- obama negligently did not cite the governor

if its 1 or 3, i'm not faulting obama, if its 2, he deserves serious blame.

1. Doesn't matter either way.
    2. Your shits dead in the water come tomorrow morning.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

wow. you are really starting to drift into very odd thought processes when it comes to how you see this election race.

haha for real...SERIOUS blame?? for a 10 second piece of a speech on how famous quotes aren't "just words" that was regurgitated from a friend of his? big Frickin' deal

I repeat jokes and anecdotes all the time without crediting the source. Should all my friends I told them to shame me with SERIOUS BLAME? hahahaha

• its not like hes Motown taking big chunks of articles and putting them into an essay without crediting the authors or citing the sources.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

haha for real...SERIOUS blame?? for a 10 second piece of a speech on how famous quotes aren't "just words" that was regurgitated from a friend of his? big Frickin' deal

I repeat jokes and anecdotes all the time without crediting the source. Should all my friends I told them to shame me with SERIOUS BLAME? hahahaha

Hahah!

• if its 1 or 3, i'm not faulting obama, if its 2, he deserves serious blame[/b].

what does this have to do with "how i see this election race"??? stop fanboying for a minute. i don't know what line of work you're in - but from artists, to songwriters, to journalists, lawyers, politicians, etc. - its unethical to intentionally quote someone without referencing the author.

• I really dont see the big deal with this speech. If he was taking credit for writing something I could understand it because its unethical to intentionally quote someone without referencing the author.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

what does this have to do with "how i see this election race"??? stop fanboying for a minute. i don't know what line of work you're in - but from artists, to songwriters, to journalists, lawyers, politicians, etc. - its unethical to intentionally quote someone without referencing the author.

Um, isn't this whole thread a fanboy late-Valentine to your gal Mrs. Clinton?

Just putting things in the proper perspective.

• I repeat jokes and anecdotes all the time without crediting the source. Should all my friends I told them to shame me with SERIOUS BLAME? hahahaha

no - but you aren't running for president and obama wasn't quoting eddie murphy- but another politician giving a political speech on an issue that is a focal point of the election right now. please.

• I really dont see the big deal with this speech. If he was taking credit for writing something I could understand it because its unethical to intentionally quote someone without referencing the author.

good luck on the ethical portion of the bar exam

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I love how Hillary is trying to keep her hands clean through all this -- letting her footsoldiers do most of the "dirty work." This is sort of reminds me of the press allowing the government set the agenda in the run up to the Iraq war. People are taking the "plagerism" and running with it, without really looking at stump speeches and slogoneering as a whole (everyone is guilty of taking) -- I mean, give me a candidate that didn't appropriate Obama's "message of change" after Iowa, a "pointless caucus" according to the Hillary camp, who rolled out this gem: "35 years of change." GTFOHTBS.

• So it's ok for Clonton to chant "Yes, We Will" but not OK for Obama to paraphrase a friend and adviser?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

good luck on the ethical portion of the bar exam

i copied what you said in your previous post

I say, I say, its a joke son.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

no - but you aren't running for president and obama wasn't quoting eddie murphy- but another politician giving a political speech on an issue that is a focal point of the election right now. please.

HAHAHAHAHA wow, That this even matters in your head is scary.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I love how Hillary is trying to keep her hands clean through all this -- letting her footsoldiers do most of the "dirty work." This is sort of reminds me of the press allowing the government set the agenda in the run up to the Iraq war. People are taking the "plagerism" and running with it, without really looking at stump speeches and slogoneering as a whole (everyone is guilty of taking) -- I mean, give me a candidate that didn't appropriate Obama's "message of change" after Iowa, a "pointless caucus" according to the Hillary camp, who rolled out this gem: "35 years of change." GTFOHTBS.

It's no sweat, since Hillary's foot soldiers and true believers are the ONLY folks taking these 'allegations' seriously. Puh-leeze.