Axlerod forgot to tell Obama...

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This thread is comedy.

Are the Clintonians really this desperate already?

I guess that's a good sign - that it's almost over.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I love how Hillary is trying to keep her hands clean through all this -- letting her footsoldiers do most of the "dirty work." This is sort of reminds me of the press allowing the government set the agenda in the run up to the Iraq war. People are taking the "plagerism" and running with it, without really looking at stump speeches and slogoneering as a whole (everyone is guilty of taking) -- I mean, give me a candidate that didn't appropriate Obama's "message of change" after Iowa, a "pointless caucus" according to the Hillary camp, who rolled out this gem: "35 years of change." GTFOHTBS.

It's no sweat, since Hillary's foot soldiers and true believers are the ONLY folks taking these 'allegations' seriously. Puh-leeze.

They have a daily email that goes out telling them what to be incensed about.

"pimped out"

• This thread is comedy.

now its the clintons' fault! okay. my opinion was/is that under almost every scenario - this shit is innocuous. but if he knowingly failed to give the guy credit - that's a different story. you guys are so swept up in obama-riding, that you can't recognize what shouldn't even be debatable. dudes are posting new threads on it with muppet characters!! where is that cult of obama thread!??!

• "pimped out"

that one was my favorite, and then the next day Chelsea is having breakfast with a 21 year old superdelegate.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

"pimped out"

that one was my favorite, and then the next day Chelsea is having breakfast with a 21 year old superdelegate.

She is being Human Trafficked!

"pimped out"

She is being Human Trafficked!

HAHAHAHA!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    This thread is comedy.

now its the clintons' fault! okay. my opinion was/is that under almost every scenario - this shit is innocuous. but if he knowingly failed to give the guy credit - that's a different story. you guys are so swept up in obama-riding, that you can't recognize what shouldn't even be debatable. dudes are posting new threads on it with muppet characters!! where is that cult of obama thread!??!

dude, I gives a fuck about Obama, I just think you're silly, so you deserved a Muppet response.

I repeat jokes and anecdotes all the time without crediting the source. Should all my friends I told them to shame me with SERIOUS BLAME? hahahaha

no - but you aren't running for president and obama wasn't quoting eddie murphy- but another politician giving a political speech on an issue that is a focal point of the election right now. please.

Hillary Stealing Obama Campaign Rhetoric[/b]

Obama must really be sick on the stump, because Hillary Clinton has been biting him relentlessly:[/b]

"We are fired up and we are ready to go because we know America is ready for change and the process starts right here in Iowa."

In Davenport, Iowa, those words escaped the barriers of a tired Hillary Clinton's teeth.

Without irony.

That phrase is associated with Barack Obama. Obama borrows it from a woman in South Carolina who helped remind him what was important in life.

It's the signature, in fact, of Obama's close.

Steve Benen points out some further instances of Clinton biting Obama's rhetoric:

I hate to think there???s a pattern here, but there are quite a few examples:

* ???New Clinton Iowa radio ad has voter voice saying she is the candidate of ???hope.??????

* Yesterday, on Hardball, Clinton???s communication director said Iowans are looking ???under the hood and kickin the tires,??? a line Obama has been using for quite a while. (Chris Matthews told Wolfson he ???stole??? the line directly and urged the campaign to ???get a new scriptwriter.???)[/b]

* As a debate in Philadelphia in October, Clinton said, ???We???ve got to turn the page on George Bush and Dick Cheney??? ??? a line straight out of Obama???s stump speech.[/b]

Benen is his characteristic temperate and diplomatic self, urging readers to make "too much" of this. But it's pretty hard for me not to make a character judgment about a candidate who goes as far as to steal words out of her rival's mouth.
    Not that I have any illusions about politicians being the moral vanguard. But Hillary's "borrowing" irritates me because it reminds me of all the other things black people do that white people eventually get credit for. (You know, like rock music or the Civil Rights Movement)

A Clinton supporter might argue that this kind of behavior is exactly what will allow her to outmaneuver the opposition as President.

This is a campaign. If she gets elected, when it comes to policy, is she going to be borrowing policy elements as well as rhetoric from her opponents?

• dude, you are boring.

please name me a candidate who doesn't give a speech and use the word "hope" or "change". just because obama puts it on a poster, doesn't mean he came up with the terms or owns the rights to it.

yes, his campaign masterminded the brand new phrases: "fired up" and "ready to go". its too bad my high school basketball coach didn't choose a different career path, he could have been rich.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dude, you are boring.

please name me a candidate who doesn't give a speech and use the word "hope" or "change". just because obama puts it on a poster, doesn't mean he came up with the terms or owns the rights to it.

yes, his campaign masterminded the brand new phrases: "fired up" and "ready to go". its too bad my high school basketball coach didn't choose a different career path, he could have been rich.
    'just words' on the other hand, thats some serious shit

u a clown

dude, you are boring.

Every candidate throughout the history of political campaigning, republican or otherwise, has also used the phraseology, "We???ve got to turn the page on George Bush and Dick Cheney".

"Four score and seven years ago, we???ve got to turn the page on George Bush and Dick Cheney."

Either way, I could care less. It's pisstake. I'm just pointing out your and Hillary's glaring double-standards. This is why you'll never influence anyone here, and your candidates numbers are dropping like... well, her superdelegate support.

GTFOHWTBS!!!

u a clown
    u a clown
    u a clown
    u a clown

Hillary Fanboy[/b]
    Hillary Fanboy[/b]
    Hillary Fanboy[/b]
    Hillary Fanboy[/b]

• 'just words' on the other hand, thats some serious shit

u a clown

that's what you got out of that video, just the pharse "just words"???? how about the entire theme, every single reference "i had a dream" "we hold these truths to be self evident", etc. stop clowning yourself. you might be preaching to an obama choir but at least try to make sense.

this thread = the emporer's new clothes

you fools are naked!

• Funny I was just about to say the same thing about you.

I don't think you realize that NOBODY CARES.

This is such a non-issue it's silly.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Please, please, please put the Clinton campaign out of its misery!

It's sad and ugly how hard they try to cut down and come up with so little.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Funny I was just about to say the same thing about you.

I don't think you realize that NOBODY CARES.

This is such a non-issue it's silly.

Wait until KVH hears the one, you know, about Michelle Obama not being patriotic enough.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    With all the actual issues in the world right now, the fact that Hillary supporters are pushing this is really pretty shocking, and really just reaks of desperation. They are trying everything and the kitchen sink to derail this shit, and its not only a huge turn-off, but its actually pretty scary.

Bonus hysteria, wondering how KVH will split hairs to distance himself from this :

Here stood a man who towered above others in his quest for decency and integrity. Here stood a man who played it straight and said it as he saw it. But Mr. Obama is not that man. This man, as it turns out, is just another guy who seems to have bought into his own hype about how wonderful he is even as he tries to convince us he is not simply a liar.

As a clinician, I have found that if one lies about one or two things here or there and then makes light of those lies, and acts as if the ones who find this offensive are the ones making mountains out of molehills, you can almost take it to the bank that a deeper pattern of not telling it like it is exists. It's only a matter of time before it becomes more fully exposed. So, it's suffer the children yet again.

As Mr. Obama using Mr. Patrick's speech says, "it's only words." Yes, Mr. Obama, words do matter, especially when they're lies.

What they have instead is a man who, while seeking the highest office in the land, shrugs off a "crime" as no big deal, seeks to blame those who uncovered it, and arrogantly thinks he should not be held to the same standard to which we hold school children. I only hope for the sake of the children watching, that he is wrong.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    With all the actual issues in the world right now, the fact that Hillary supporters are pushing this is really pretty shocking, and really just reaks of desperation. They are trying everything and the kitchen sink to derail this shit, and its not only a huge turn-off, but its actually pretty scary.

Bonus hysteria, wondering how KVH will split hairs to distance himself from this :

Here stood a man who towered above others in his quest for decency and integrity. Here stood a man who played it straight and said it as he saw it. But Mr. Obama is not that man. This man, as it turns out, is just another guy who seems to have bought into his own hype about how wonderful he is even as he tries to convince us he is not simply a liar.

As a clinician, I have found that if one lies about one or two things here or there and then makes light of those lies, and acts as if the ones who find this offensive are the ones making mountains out of molehills, you can almost take it to the bank that a deeper pattern of not telling it like it is exists. It's only a matter of time before it becomes more fully exposed. So, it's suffer the children yet again.

As Mr. Obama using Mr. Patrick's speech says, "it's only words." Yes, Mr. Obama, words do matter, especially when they're lies.

What they have instead is a man who, while seeking the highest office in the land, shrugs off a "crime" as no big deal, seeks to blame those who uncovered it, and arrogantly thinks he should not be held to the same standard to which we hold school children. I only hope for the sake of the children watching, that he is wrong.

The second response to the article is pretty telling. In part:

Not only have you, as of the end of 2007, donated $2,800 to Hillary Clinton's campaign (to the exclusion of all other candidates). In October 2007, you signed on as a member of the New York Women for Hillary Council.

• I started off this election season as a Clinton supporter. Thanks in large part to her behavior, and that of her husband I switched to Obama a while back, and with each passing day I'm happy I did.
    This "plagiarism" meme that the Clinton campaign has been pushing today is f*cking disgraceful.
    BTW, the 10 O'Clock news says that Obama appears to have won Wisconsin by at least 10 points.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I started off this election season as a Clinton supporter. Thanks in large part to her behavior, and that of her husband I switched to Obama a while back, and with each passing day I'm happy I did.
    This "plagiarism" meme that the Clinton campaign has been pushing today is f*cking disgraceful.
    BTW, the 10 O'Clock news says that Obama appears to have won Wisconsin by at least 10 points.

Wisconsin: Land O' Plagiarism Lovers

For tomorrow's news cycle: "Obama accused of flossing BEFORE brushing! Dental hygienists debate merits, some suggest Obama may be unfit presidential figure for oral health."

I started off this election season as a Clinton supporter. Thanks in large part to her behavior, and that of her husband I switched to Obama a while back, and with each passing day I'm happy I did.

Wisconsin: Land O' Plagiarism Lovers

For tomorrow's news cycle: "Obama accused of flossing BEFORE brushing! Clinton Campaign Workers who know dental hygienists personally[/b] debate merits, some suggest Obama may be unfit presidential figure for oral health."

• Please, please, please put the Clinton campaign out of its misery!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I don't disagree with the latter but this idea that she should just roll over and let Obama ride it out doesn't make sense considering she's still in the running. It's not like Huckabee who stands no prayer whatsoever.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

It's currently at 17 points and nearly 150,000 more votes. Shit - this is a primary and over a million Wisconsinites are voting Democratic.

CNN link

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

I don't disagree with the latter but this idea that she should just roll over and let Obama ride it out doesn't make sense considering she's still in the running. It's not like Huckabee who stands no prayer whatsoever.

Theyre saying for her to get back to even, she'll have to win Ohio, Texas and Pennsylvania 65/35. Unless she's depending on superdelagates. This race has no where to go but down, way down.

She should gracefully bow out...

• Are you baffled by the number or that it's Wisconsin?

• damn. this is a multiracial candidate....IN WISCONSIN
    good people, this whole shit is a big deal on fundamental levels.
    has this country finally grown up?

o,it was more shared sentiment than tactical advice for the clintons.
    i dont dislike hillary (and would gladly vote for her against kerry)
    but she just comes off as picky and contentious, while obama somehow is associated with this calm above the fray aura, focused on setting the ship right. i dont know if its more than just appearances...but he gives off a good vibe.

loved hearing a serious presidential candidate give "shout outs" to "the band...infinite groove"

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Are you baffled by the number or that it's Wisconsin?

Wisconsin has nothing to do with it, really. I'm just surprised at the turnout for a primary. In my lifetime, I cannot recall such a turnout this early in the game. People care about politics again.

• Wisconsin isn't Hickville, USA. Ever been to Madison?