"Mardi Gras" without the bells..Courtesy Wbai..

Comments

• Really, if you want to know my opinion, i wouldn't buy such a shirt. But i would buy one with this :

"mardi gras" - "bells" = "Biz face"

• Someone asked for this one

yes! classy...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Really, if you want to know my opinion, i wouldn't buy such a shirt. But i would buy one with this :

• What are you guys going to say when a female asks you about your t-shirt??
    Yemsky

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Ok, so we ALL have heard the drums with the bells filtered out. Now can some of you computer editing engineer wiz's go ahead and edit them (Drums) into the whole song and post it up so we can have a version of the song with no bells? I thought it would be up by now!

Please be serious, you know females are not talking to dudes that would wear this shirt...

"there's this guy who made this song with some stuff in it and another guy who claims to have a recording of the song without the stuff in it and a bunch of other guys who waste their days discussing the possibilities of this stuff. wanna grab a cocktail and talk about stuff? i like stuff."

I would just scoff at her and berate her for not understanding the rael. particularly if she's really fine.

no really, I would probably explain to her the whole mardi gras-biz-bells epic story, complete with references to this very thread.

I'm sure she'll be enthralled.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Not CTI (w/out the bells) related but...

• dayday 9,612 Posts

This is as good as it's ever gonna get. (.wav plaese! )

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Really, if you want to know my opinion, i wouldn't buy such a shirt. But i would buy one with this :

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts

• ^Those shirts are

Time for someone to make a little money

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Yea i woud rock this one too. Too bad i dont have hi-res of those icons, i would print some just for fun if that as the case.

• this thread is killin it!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    on grey with new flames

The Mardi Gras fine, the drums are fine, the flames are fine. The problem is you only have one bell. People going to be walking up to you saying, "Mardi Gras plus bell equals flaming drums? I don't get it? Do mean the Biz Bob James thing? Shouldn't that be bells[/b]?"

On the real though shouldn't it be a cow bell, or is that too literal?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What are you guys going to say when a female asks you about your t-shirt??

The crazy thing about women is if they ask you about your shirt they already are interested in you. At that point nothing you say will change their mind.

Unless of course you start talking about how some one says there a version of a smooth jazz cover of a Paul Simon song with minutley different instrumentation than the hit version which is on a really common record but you paid $25.00 for your copy because when you first started digging you read in Vibe that it worth $75.00 and it turns out your copy is on Tappen Zee which is a 3rd press and doesn't even have the gatefold but you still have not found an original in the dollar bins because recordmonger always gets there first.

• HamHam 872 Posts

Unless of course you start talking about how some one says there a version of a smooth jazz cover of a Paul Simon song with minutley different instrumentation than the hit version which is on a really common record but you paid $25.00 for your copy because when you first started digging you read in Vibe that it worth $75.00 and it turns out your copy is on Tappen Zee which is a 3rd press and doesn't even have the gatefold but you still have not found an original in the dollar bins because recordmonger always gets there first.

crap! i knew i shouldnt have brought up Tappen Zee last night.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    What are you guys going to say when a female asks you about your t-shirt??

The crazy thing about women is if they ask you about your shirt they already are interested in you. At that point nothing you say will change their mind.

This is very true. However, giving them an explanation that involves mentioning an internet message board isn't going to help your situation either.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I hope Biz never shows that record!
    I wanna be 80s+ and still digging for the mardi gras without the bells 12"!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Why isn't there the mythical raer graemlin when you need it? Cosine on this thread being the epitome of 21st century record nerdery....

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    You would think that with 6 degrees of separation
    someone on this board would have been able to get a direct confirmation
    from Biz or Bob by now.

and speaking of 6 degrees....there has to be SOMEONE here who knows someone who knows Salma.

Biz, Bob and Salma your "presents" are requested. Holla!

• Really, if you want to know my opinion, i wouldn't buy such a shirt. But i would buy one with this :

cosign. i think biz's face needs to be on it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Why isn't there the mythical raer graemlin when you need it? Cosine on this thread being the epitome of 21st century record nerdery....

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Ok, so who has made the T-shirt?

• Thank's Mr. Burns for bumpin my post back up

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Thank's Mr. Burns for bumpin my post back up

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Thank's jaymack for bumpin hoosier daddy's thanks
    mr.burns for bumpin my post post back up

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    One last question: Are all those rumors true? Do you have the Take Me To Mardi Gras pressing without the bells?

The one with no bells? Yeah I got that. As you sit on the phone, hold on, I???ll get people who???ve heard it and have seen it, hold on???I could put Jazzy Jeff or Kenny Dope on the phone right now and they???ll tell you. Everybody wants to come to my house and look through my record collection and find it. Everyone thinks it???s a myth but it???s not.

[on hold, but still audible] Um???hold on???um???Kenny, wake up Kenny! Oh Kenny! Kenny wake up! Ah, I can???t get anybody on the phone, but I promise, I got it.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1084647&an=0&page=0#Post1084647