"Mardi Gras" without the bells..Courtesy Wbai..

Comments

• plus the whole "HOLY GRAIL" shout out the DJ does on there? suspect.

dude is clearly a strut lurker (and no I don't think Strutters are the only ones who know of/geek over the bell-less mardi gras and use the phrase "holy grail")...but c'mon it's MORE than a little suspect.

c'mon people, this was designed to fool the strut and many of you have fallen for it.

lol, dude - the underground railroad is a well-known radio show that predates soulstrut.

I'm not convinced either but you might want to think before you poast (tm).

I was unable to download the file so I didn't hear it until someone chopped it down (above). so yeah I can't say I know anything about the show. If we're talking about the Underground Railroad that used to be on KPFA? I've heard it obviously since i live in the Bay.

But again, the timing of this thing is waaaaay suspect.

• I'm merely adding to the conversation and debate of things, I'm not actively looking for the damn song. It's all about the possibilities, the "what if?"'s, variations, all of that, complete SS geekery.

No one ever talked about the crowdless version of Rare Earth's "Get Ready" on this level, but it would lead to this simple statment:

"Get Ready" on the album of the same name was not really live, the crowd sounds were added on during post-production, it was rumored to have been taken from live recording by another Motown artist. If you hunt down the quadraphonic mix of "Get Ready" (released only in Japan), you will be able to hear it sans audience. The 45 edit of the song, without the audience, can be heard on a certain pressing of the Toga Rock II[/b] compilation CD.

Open and shut case there.

• No this is a show in NYC. Schooled a lot of folls on these records before the internets. Yes, there was a time that people dug for breakbeats before the internet. I know, it is hard to grasp!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I just wanna say that this thread here is the shit that soulstrut was made for.

I feel like if we keep it up we can totally pull a salma hayek and get biz on here. You know he has a laptop, hes on the internet. Lets make it happen.

• I think the idea that WBAI, The Underground Railroad Show and Jay Smooth are all involved in some sort of prank JUST for the strut, is comedy. Maybe Biz and Questlove are also part of this vast conspiracy to clon the Strut....

I am saying!

You know what? This all smells of the funk of a thousand years, that could only be attributed to the one Five Fingered Phillippe.

He is clearly laughing in his castle, poking fun at the despised soulstrut from afar.

• apparently there is a KPFA connection. this show mighta been syndicated on Pacifica back in the day.

in any case:

But again, the timing of this thing is waaaaay suspect.

that's all I'm saying. dude drops this break on his show for the first time ever on this past SUNDAY?

and I don't care if you don't see a Strut connection (that, admittedly, could be illusory), but right after that Questlove/Biz thing posted on Youtube? With the same muffled/background audience/radio noise and possible low-level bells in the background?

c'mon.....

• Have you entertained the possibility that JSmooth, ?uestlove, Biz Markie, and others might operate independently of soulstrut?

I know half of San Francisco is registered on this site but it's not like that everywhere.

• SOULSTRUT IS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE.

• This thread is the ultimate Soulstrut Catnip???.

• and I don't care if you don't see a Strut connection (that, admittedly, could be illusory), but right after that Questlove/Biz thing posted on Youtube? With the same muffled/background audience/radio noise and possible low-level bells in the background?

c'mon.....

There you go, I think we would be better off calling any nearby high school band to have them perform "Mardi Gras" for the Xmas assembly tomorrow before we ever see an alleged record.

Or I got a better idea. There's a Mexican guy at the local Wal-Mart who plays a mean harmonica. I always donate whatever change I have in my pocket when I see him, I could have a mix of "Mardi Gras" with harmonica.

Take out your false teeth, mama, I wanna sssssssssssssssssssssssuck on your gums

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    damn yall are on some Nick Cage,National Treasure/Book of Secrets shit up in here.

• Have you entertained the possibility that JSmooth, ?uestlove, Biz Markie, and others might operate independently of soulstrut?

I know half of San Francisco is registered on this site but it's not like that everywhere.

like i said:

and I don't care if you don't see a Strut connection (that, admittedly, could be illusory), but right after that Questlove/Biz thing posted on Youtube? With the same muffled/background audience/radio noise and possible low-level bells in the background?

c'mon.....

I maintain that this is a fraud.

• I maintain that this is a fraud.

• no disrepect to you Hoosier Daddy if you're legit, but the whole thing is rather suspect.

just when there was a resurgence in Mardi-gras related Biz discussion on the strut (at least 2 threads in the last two weeks, plus a couple non-Mardi Gras related Biz threads), some "longtime lurker" that no one has ever heard of "happens" to have recently heard a radio show (JUST THIS PAST WEEKEND! -- SUSPECT) that featured said break.

plus dude makes it a point to shout out the radio show as "classic," leading me to beleive (unless anyone knows of the Underground Railroad program and can tell me otherwise) that Hoosier Daddy = the Underground Railroad DJ. that much schould be obvious.

and he just used some computer program to remove/muffle the bells and created a fictitious "DJ set," uploaded it, and launched his now-epic first post.

VOILA! Perfect way for an unknown lurker to gain instant respect on the Strut, right? I mean isn't the whole thing a little too perfect? (I will say this, the one called Hoosier Daddy is no idiot; he's been lurking for months -- years? -- and knows EXACTLY what would gain the Strut massive's respect).

Even if this is a legit radio show and even if this was a legit MP3 of one of the broadcasts, this particular part was (a) not from vinyl or (b) somehow manipulated from vinyl and (c) DEFINITELY designed to post on the Strut and fool everyone.

In conclusion, this is an elaborate hoax. One day there may be a "Hoosier Daddy Vindicated" thread. But until then this is fraudulent to me.

This thread is now officially the funniest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

I AM SPARTACUS!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ?[/b]

• I tried to warn the boy.

• The bell-less 12" is obviously a conspiracy implemented by reptillian overlords aimed to occupy the collective strut attention span, in hopes to efficiently uphold the appearence of a human ran society, and to redirect suspecions of chemtrails, human-alien hybrids, George Bush-cyborg hyrbrids, and Lil' Wayne's lyrical abilty!

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    This WAS played on the radio, you want to hear the archive?

hit up http://archive.wbai.org/

scroll down to underground railroad (12:00am Sunday morning)

Listen in at about 59min.

I believe!!@!!

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I really think that the bells is bleed over on the drum mics as the whole recording sounds kinda loose, what is that radio deal in the background anyways?

• I am saying! Even a/b'd with the original version. Comedy!

• The bell-less 12" is obviously a conspiracy implemented by reptillian overlords aimed to occupy the collective strut attention span, in hopes to efficiently uphold the appearence of a human ran society, and to redirect suspecions of chemtrails, human-alien hybrids, George Bush-cyborg hyrbrids, and Lil' Wayne's lyrical abilty!

Here are some other topics we should get into:

1. Bacon of the month club
    2. Ashley Tisdale's new nose
    3. The tradition of leaving beer for your garbage man
    4. The beat in Lupe Fiasco's "Gold Watch"
    5. How to download flatulence

• no disrepect to you Hoosier Daddy if you're legit, but the whole thing is rather suspect.

just when there was a resurgence in Mardi-gras related Biz discussion on the strut (at least 2 threads in the last two weeks, plus a couple non-Mardi Gras related Biz threads), some "longtime lurker" that no one has ever heard of "happens" to have recently heard a radio show (JUST THIS PAST WEEKEND! -- SUSPECT) that featured said break.

plus dude makes it a point to shout out the radio show as "classic," leading me to beleive (unless anyone knows of the Underground Railroad program and can tell me otherwise) that Hoosier Daddy = the Underground Railroad DJ. that much schould be obvious.

and he just used some computer program to remove/muffle the bells and created a fictitious "DJ set," uploaded it, and launched his now-epic first post.

VOILA! Perfect way for an unknown lurker to gain instant respect on the Strut, right? I mean isn't the whole thing a little too perfect? (I will say this, the one called Hoosier Daddy is no idiot; he's been lurking for months -- years? -- and knows EXACTLY what would gain the Strut massive's respect).

Even if this is a legit radio show and even if this was a legit MP3 of one of the broadcasts, this particular part was (a) not from vinyl or (b) somehow manipulated from vinyl and (c) DEFINITELY designed to post on the Strut and fool everyone.

In conclusion, this is an elaborate hoax. One day there may be a "Hoosier Daddy Vindicated" thread. But until then this is fraudulent to me.

This thread is now officially the funniest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

I AM SPARTACUS!

YES!!!

NOW

LETS

SEE

A

LABEL

SCAN

PLEASE.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

no disrepect to you Hoosier Daddy if you're legit, but the whole thing is rather suspect.

I AM SPARTACUS!

Yes! Welcome to the strut. another salma moment for us. Rest assured that a few people here have actually heard of your show before!

• Here's an album with a Bell on it

I AM SPARTACUS!

Yes! Welcome to the strut. another salma moment for us. Rest assured that a few people here have actually heard of your show before!

Word, I'm a longtime fan.

• I tried to warn the boy.

dude, you played YOURSELF talmbout no one is checking for the strut...when in fact dude just revealed himself to have been lurking on the strut.

so as far as I'm concerned: ROOTLESSCOSMO VINDICATED.

(PS welcome Jay Smooth! sorry I assumed one of the new posters was impersonating you.)

now can we please see a label scan? it would settle some serious debates.

thanks.

• Pure comedy. Thank you so much! I knew you wouldn't let me down.

• anytime man.