Red Sox Bullpen Drum Circle

1235»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    not showing up to accept his award and then announcing his decision to opt out of his yankee contract during what he surely knew was going to be the red sox's big night just goes to show what a punk a rod is.

And what if he ends up on the Sox roster next season?

I half-jokingly said to my friend immediately after the win
    that I was "glad they won it this year, because I don't know
    if I can stick around for the A-Rod year(s)"

• not showing up to accept his award and then announcing his decision to opt out of his yankee contract during what he surely knew was going to be the red sox's big night just goes to show what a punk a rod is.

I half-jokingly said to my friend immediately after the win
    that I was "glad they won it this year, because I don't know
    if I can stick around for the A-Rod year(s)"

This all really begs the question.... what happens when the red sox become the yankees? Will red sox fans become chronic assholes?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    A-Rod fears aside, I do like the fact that we won it
    using a lot of younger players who will be here for a
    while. There is potential for a long run here, if done
    right.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ....AND THAT'S A WRAP.

Yeah, they won, but who did they play? I can't call them a great team since the Rockies were obviously inferior competition.

PSYCHE!!!!! WORLD CHAMPS, BATCHES!![/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Congradulations Boston. Im happy for yall.

Thanks, Batmon. You're a good sport. Now that the accursed A-Rod is leaving NY, you'll probably get back to winning yourselves, while he goes on to another team that will never win the big one.

Dont let this ARod shit eclipse your accomplishments. New England is sewin shit up in sports these days.

• yes, u are def. right! For once Boston is gaining back it's swagger in terms of sports..it feels good! I gotta give a shout to my homie Kut Masta Kurt for calling me as soon as Pap struck out the last batter to say congrats. Yo, Paul (Nice) hit me, we need to get up for a celebration drink or two or three...lol! RED SOX FOR LIVE!!!

Amir

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    not showing up to accept his award and then announcing his decision to opt out of his yankee contract during what he surely knew was going to be the red sox's big night just goes to show what a punk a rod is.

yeah, i wonder how that will play out, doesn't boras represent lowell and a rod? seems like a potential conflict could arise, but i'm sure that won't stop boras. and as much as i hate to admit it, a rod would probably be a great addition to the sox, at least during the regular season. in principle though, i shudder to think of it.

ARod = Dirk

• ARod = Dirk

Oooh, that's gonna get the Texans riled (once they wake up from their Austin-related hangovers!)

• not showing up to accept his award and then announcing his decision to opt out of his yankee contract during what he surely knew was going to be the red sox's big night just goes to show what a punk a rod is.

Please, please, please take A-rod.

And please take that fuck Rudy Guliani while were at it too.

And please take that fuck Rudy Guliani while were at it too.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

PSYCHE!!!!! WORLD CHAMPS, BATCHES!![/b]

Dope flick.

Congrats Boston.

I tuned out the last game, as it was a bit anti-climatic. The World Series has really been a a bummer, even as sad as it is to say, when my fave team, the White Sox, won it in '05.

Seems like whoever is going to win pretty much does so with little trouble, pretty much since the Red Sox won in 2004:

03: Marlins 4, Yankees 2
    04: Red Sox 4, Cardinals 0
    05: White Sox 4, Astros 0
    06: Cardinals 4, Tigers 1
    07: Red Sox 4, Rockies 0

What is the deal?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    White Tea:

Is it really that surprising? How often to championship games REALLY live up to the expectations? Compare Superbowls vs. the playoffs to get to the Superbowl? Or compare NBA semis to the actual finals. Or the Final Four vs. the semis. You'd find similar patterns in many years, in many sports.

In this case, you had what was the best team in baseball going up on a team that made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. True, the Rockies were red hot in September through, um, last week but the Sox began and ended the season on top. The World Series, arguably, reflected an uneveness in abilities and talent.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yeah it's not surprising but still sad when it happens. I guess the Cardinals are an anomaly -- worse by far on paper than the Tigers but swept em anyway.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ARod = Dirk

Oooh, that's gonna get the Texans riled (once they wake up from their Austin-related hangovers!)

Well if you mean both are the best players in their respective sports, yeah I agree.

The real winner in the A-Rod free agency is Texas....if he signs with another team we won't have to pay the $21 million we still owe him from his contract when he was a Ranger.

• Congrats to the Sox. I didn't watch at all and it seems like I didn't miss much. It's a bummer how boring these World Series games have been. NL is practically AAA these days. ALCS was much more exciting and I have to admit I counted you guys out when it was 3-1. Don't forget, you have to win Series back to back to even begin to be considered a dynasty.

Is it inevitable that the Red Sox take A-Rod and become what they hate most? I think so.

ARod = Dirk

Well if you mean both are the best players in their respective sports DURING THE REGULAR SEASON, yeah I agree.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Great team, great chemistry. It's fun to root for a group of nice guys. I am looking forward to Papelbon and Co putting together a full on SOLID GOLD dancers routine at the victory parade.

Seems like the Red Sox phone tree is alive with AROD talk last night. Early returns suggest a "Fuck AROD" sentiment in the Nation. It's hard to imagine that AROD wouldn't help offensively. My biggest concern would be a chemistry thing. I could see there being problems with Manny and him but who really knows. The cost is gonna be astronomical (27-30 mil a year). I think he ends up in LA.

• Options

I bugged last night when I flipped the news on and heard Arod was turning down the Yankees, realizing that in one day New England gets a 52-7 win, Boston wins a World Series, and their rival loses their MVP. Nice day to be a sports fan from up there, enjoy it. Plus you got NE vs IND next week. Yeah, I'm a bit jealous down here I'll admit it.

• Fuck AROD

I pray Sox mgmt doesn't go after him.

Don't forget, you have to win Series back to back to even begin to be considered a dynasty.

Is it inevitable that the Red Sox take A-Rod and become what they hate most? I think so.

I'd even go so far as to say you need to win 3 in 4 years. Like the Pats. But A-Rod to the Sox? We need to resign Lowell, move Coco so Ellsbury can start, and beef up the rotation a little more.

My money is on us resigning Schilling, and picking up Tomo Okha and Cassey Fossum in free agency, with Clemens signing in July. We're getting the band back together!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    good morning boston!!!!!
    what a night.
    fuck A-rod. i hope we dont mess with that.

• Congrats to the Boston folks. The Sox just striaght outplayed my Colorado Rookies. Y'all got some bad ass pitchers. And the boy Ellsbury was on fire. Lowell kilt it too. It's a good time to be a Boston sports fan, that's for sure. Y'all better ride for your Celtics this season!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This one felt good, but so different than in 2004. I was a wreck in 04 celebrating in the streets... just going crazy. This year I just watched at home and felt serene in victory. Part of it was probably due to the fact that I was too hungover from our Halloween to even move off the couch and that all my roommates were rooting against the Sox just to be dicks, but really it's just a different type of win.

Go Pats! Go Celts!

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    I know I'm late to the party but congrats to all the fellow Sox fans on here. It may not have been an exciting series but it was gratifying to see everything come together at the right place and time, with contributions from both veterans and rookies. And, I have to admit to a bit of Schadenfreude watching the Yankees organization flounder this week (even though I know they'll be every bit the contender next season).

I hope they re-sign Lowell, he is the stud. A-Rod and Boras get the ice grill from my kid for trying to upstage the World Series.

• A-Rod and Boras get the ice grill from my kid for trying to upstage the World Series.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Damn, didn't know Tayshaun Prince played baseball in the off-season!

b/w

The singular form of Red Sox would be Red Sock?