Red Sox Bullpen Drum Circle

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Hey Johnny,
    I totally understand where you are coming from..it's sickening and I am die hard Red Sox fan since 75'. Anyway, for me I have been living in NYC since mid-94' and I have sported my Red Sox hat pretty much since then. Thru all the bad and wack years. What I hate is the new jack red sox fans acting like assholes. Most of them don't know anything about baseball, but they feel they know everything. Also I am tired of those same assholes asking me if I am "dominican" or "are you from Wash. Hts." because I have red sox hat on. Like dominicians are the only red sox fans that are non-white in NYC. And those same jerks aren't even from boston..they look at me like "wow you're black and from boston." go jump in the charles!!! Anyway, Red Sox forever!!!

amir

The other day I was walking around Portland and just about every over 30 dude seemed to be wearing a Sox cap. I started to get that middle-class self-loathing thing going. So I called a good friend in Boston to complain about the band wagoners. He just told me enjoy the rise of the Nation. Later, that day at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant the kitchen door swung open and the chef was wearing a Red Sox hat. I just had to laugh.

PS My Sox bona fides are as follows. I am a fan since 1977. Influenced by my childhood neighbors who moved here from Hew Hampshire. Go Rick Burleson, Luis Tiant and Dwight Evans motherfuckers. Is Fred Lynn the most forgotten dude in baseball history? Dude could play.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    True story...

1988, I'm 8 years old. Mike Greenwell comes fishing with my grandfather and a friend of his. Wade Boggs was supposed to come, but didn't. I remember Greenwell saying "If Boggs shows up, I'll eat my hat." At the end of the trip, Greenwell signs a ball for a delighted me and says something like "you're not gonna ask me to hit a home run for you are you? How about this, I'll hit a grand slam for you." Joking laughter insues among all. Well what happens the next day? I shit you not, Mike Greenwell hits a grand slam. A booya!

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    As an aside, my Marlins bona fide are as follows - I publicly admit to being a Florida Marlins fan in 2007 and wear their jerseys regularly in public.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    FUCK YOU HATTEURS IM BANGING MY FUCKIN DRUMS!

• Anybody watching this? More of a nail-biter. think the sox will squeeze it out tho.

• Anybody watching this? More of a nail-biter. think the sox will squeeze it out tho.

good game.

if the rockies want to win, getting picked off in a 1 run game in the 8th is NOT a good strategy.

but still....great game so far.

• Seriously. Flapping about swimming in the dirt trying to find first base.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Okijima =

And Holliday picked off at first =

• allow me to geek out for a second?

thanks.

Ok, anyway. This fox broadcast is ABSURDLY oversold...every time they start to have a game/tell a story/etc., we are cutting away to some sponsored element. Now, believe me; i KNOW that shit pays for folks salaries- it is a Toyota sponsorship that pays for my work, and a Liberty Mutual sponsorship that supports my wife's work.

THAT SAID, when you are having a hard time telling what is the game, and what is a promo for lipitor/bank of america/transformers/ et al., well then...FOX! Clean up your Frickin' broadcast!

And, this is not to take away from the folks making this game happen from the truck. (naemdroppingalertbutfuckit,i'vestudieduponthisshit,soimmashare....) Bill Webb, who directs these games, can make a baseball game look like the Frickin', "Natural." Let the man work, Fox! Let the TV folks tell us a story, and show a good game!

good game.

if the rockies want to win, getting picked off in a 1 run game in the 8th is NOT a good strategy.

Are you serious? This game is far from good. How the Rockies are only one run behind at this point...

Anybody watching this? More of a nail-biter. think the sox will squeeze it out tho.

good game.

Are you serious? This game is far from good. How the Rockies are only one run behind at this point...

good game.

Ok, fine- this ain't some classic Pitcher's Duel.

But, this is a tense, late season game. Starters out at the first sign of trouble, no Frickin' with the shit relievers, straight to the A-List...

I'm entertained...save for the in game commercials.

thanks.

Ok, anyway. This fox broadcast is ABSURDLY oversold...every time they start to have a game/tell a story/etc., we are cutting away to some sponsored element. Now, believe me; i KNOW that shit pays for folks salaries- it is a Toyota sponsorship that pays for my work, and a Liberty Mutual sponsorship that supports my wife's work.

I don't know what you're talking about.

[color:white] GET YOUR FREE TACO BETWEEN 2 AND 5 PM ON OCTOBER 30TH [/color]

thanks.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Dogz...that Frickin' Taco Bell CEO "Interview(Commercial)," was a Frickin' embarassement...

By the way, to further understand my ire in all of these posts: please replace Frickin' with 'fuck*ng'. This change shit in the body of a post has got to stop.

thanks.

Ok, anyway. This fox broadcast is ABSURDLY oversold

You mean overly slanted towards Boston, right?

What happened to the thrilling story of the Rockies hot streak? Oh yeah, it was killed because of Fox's insane programming, where Beckett can pitch a game one after his team has just won a seventh game. That shouldn't happen.

I can guarantee that the coverage will still be all about Boston once the Series shifts back to Denver: Cinderella has already been tucked in.

• I don't know what you're talking about.

Dogz...that Frickin' Taco Bell CEO "Interview(Commercial)," was a Frickin' embarassement...

By the way, to further understand my ire in all of these posts: please replace Frickin' with 'fuck*ng'. This change shit in the body of a post has got to stop.

I love the fox reporter said somethin like "you sound like a salesman!"

Right, like you'd just strike up a conversation with a taco bell CEO about how delicious his tacos are.

PS:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I wanna know how much they paid Coco Crisp and Julio Lugo
    to cut that "free taco" spot in the dugout in game one, disguised
    as "on-field audio" as if it just happened ...

Now THAT was some fucking[/b] bullshit

... and with that, Pap gets the final K!

2 games up, won one big, won one tight ... things are looking good!!

thanks.

What happened to the thrilling story of the Rockies hot streak? Oh yeah, it was killed because of Fox's insane programming, where Beckett can pitch a game one after his team has just won a seventh game. That shouldn't happen.

I can guarantee that the coverage will still be all about Boston once the Series shifts back to Denver: Cinderella has already been tucked in.

Really? This is your line of thinking?

This is the story line because the Rox got smoked in Game 1, and lost a very winnable Game 2. Chill out, man.

That game could have turned on ANY swing for EITHER team, and I was still entertained. So chill B...

allow me to geek out for a second?

thanks.

HAHAHA YOU MAD YOU MAD YOU MAD

The funny thing is, FOX has notoriously played DOWN the
    Red Sox, even during the Cleveland series ... it took the
    big comeback by the Sox to get FOX on the bandwagon.

The "cinderella" story was over when the Sox put up 13 on 'em.

• BTW, Mikey-Frickin'-Doubles with the game-winning RBI.

I got that nickname from PJ4533...where you at, PJ??????

• Papelpon shuts 'em down like Chuck D,,
    Yankees were dope when they started winning 'chips in the mid 90's with Brosious(sp),Jeter,Boggs,Bernie,Coney,Lieter,O'neill and short dude at 2nd(forgot his name cuz i'm drunk)..Then they turned into the overpaid can't win fuckin' soap opera club ..Shit manny's from washington heights!holla..p.s. fuck A-rod

• You need to live in flyover land for awhile in order to get a feel for this. It's real. Just wait until Denver.

Why did the Rockies have to wait eight days until they played their next game?

added bonus - my sister-in-law's State Farm Commercial was on too. Funny stuff.

Sox relief pitchers = "their hearts pump liquid nitro"

• You need to live in flyover land for awhile in order to get a feel for this. It's real. Just wait until Denver.

I think the thing that is a bigger story than living in flyovercountry is being in the NL.
    Let's be honest: the NL is the inferior league. I'm not saying that to be a dick; it is a fact at this point- interleague numbers, and the stats between the two leagues can back this up.

And, to answer you second question:

The Rockies had to wait 8 days because the worst case scenerio happened. They swept, and the Sox went 7. Sorry, but you have to schedule for 7 games, no matter which team goes 4. Nothing you can do, and frankly, if you want to be a championship team...well, to quote AP, YOU MUST DEAL.

You need to live in flyover land for awhile in order to get a feel for this. It's real. Just wait until Denver.

I think the thing that is a bigger story than living in flyovercountry is being in the NL.
    Let's be honest: the NL is the inferior league. I'm not saying that to be a dick; it is a fact at this point- interleague numbers, and the stats between the two leagues can back this up.

And, to answer you second question:

The Rockies had to wait 8 days because the worst case scenerio happened. They swept, and the Sox went 7. Sorry, but you have to schedule for 7 games, no matter which team goes 4. Nothing you can do, and frankly, if you want to be a championship team...well, to quote AP, YOU MUST DEAL.

Seriously - these suggestions of some Fox engineered conspiracy are kind of redic. I mean, what? Fox caused the Rockies to sweep the D-Backs? WTF?

• Yeah, the NL is the inferior league right now.

ODub, what are you even talking about? I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, at all. My points are simple, in fact:

1) FOX favors big market, especially east coast, teams in their commentary
    2) Their stretching out the playoff schedule does not help teams with tons of momentum

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    stretching out the playoff schedule does not help teams with tons of momentum

how was the schedule stretched????????

Yeah, the NL is the inferior league right now.

ODub, what are you even talking about? I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, at all. My points are simple, in fact:

1) FOX favors big market, especially east coast, teams in their commentary
    2) Their stretching out the playoff schedule does not help teams with tons of momentum

Gotcha. Sorry, but you made it sound like it was some plot to f--- over the Rockies b/c of the long layoff. It is weird that the Series will end in Nov.

It is weird that the Series will end in Nov.

Don't count on it

It is weird that the Series will end in Nov.

Don't count on it

Yeah, my brain's addled. Theoretically, it could end in Nov...but not given how things are happening right now. I figure the Rockies have to come alive once at home but the Sox pitching is