Ann Coulter on CNBC Show: Jews Need 'Perfecting'

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    its just that God, manifested through Jesus, has the cure to what ails us all...

really & what would that be?

i'm not gonna debate this here; wasn't the point of my post. if you are seriously interested about having an open minded sincere convo about it, PM me.

i'm just trying to explain that there can be a reason why someone would want others to adopt the same faith without them having to be an anti-semite or hateful person. And that many texas based and other evangelicals that may or may not endorse some of Ann Coulter's statements, are not anti-semites...much to the contrary they love and support the state of Israel.

thats all I was trying to say.

Do you not think that a lot of the evangelical Christian support of the state of Israel has NOTHING to do with rapture fantasies?

• its just that God, manifested through Jesus, has the cure to what ails us all...

i'm not gonna debate this here; wasn't the point of my post. if you are seriously interested about having an open minded sincere convo about it, PM me.

i'm just trying to explain that there can be a reason why someone would want others to adopt the same faith without them having to be an anti-semite or hateful person. And that many texas based and other evangelicals that may or may not endorse some of Ann Coulter's statements, are not anti-semites...much to the contrary they love and support the state of Israel.

Do you not think that a lot of the evangelical Christian support of the state of Israel has NOTHING to do with rapture fantasies?

I was just about to type a similar question. Thanks C****!

• man I don't like where this thread is heading...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    its just that God, manifested through Jesus, has the cure to what ails us all...

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    man I don't like where this thread is heading...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Well, what I'm sniping at is related to making serious statements via a relatively long post and then turning around and saying "oh, I don't want to debate this here."

I watch the 700 Club at this Korean corner joint all the time. These people are OBSESSED with Israel. They just genuinely love Jews.

• man I don't like where this thread is heading...

Well, what I'm sniping at is related to making serious statements via a relatively long post and then turning around and saying "oh, I don't want to debate this here."

dude, the point of this thread and therefore my earlier post is not about the validity of christianity. its about Ann Coulter, her statements, and there effect on and acceptance in the states. I saw several posts indicating folks were thinking that american evangelicalism was on the verge of flat out anti-semitism. i just wanted to inject my personal experience/view on that topic, coming from an evangelical (though maybe not typical) perspective. i had to give a little background of christian belief to make my points.

my intention wasn't to then get into the validity of those beliefs...that's completely off topic...and not necessarily fruitful topic to discuss in an internet message board anyway. it was more of a "here's the perspective a lot of Christians are coming from" point. that's all.

• thats all I was trying to say.

oh it definitely does. but those 'rapture fantasies' are tied to a sincere belief that the Jews are God's chosen nation of people, even if they reject him currently, by chrisitan standards. There is a sincere awe among many evangelicals for Jews because of this.

• Wow. G-d envy.

dude, the point of this thread and therefore my earlier post is not about the validity of christianity. its about Ann Coulter, her statements, and there effect on and acceptance in the states. I saw several posts indicating folks were thinking that american evangelicalism was on the verge of flat out anti-semitism. i just wanted to inject my personal experience/view on that topic, coming from an evangelical (though maybe not typical) perspective. i had to give a little background of christian belief to make my points.

my intention wasn't to then get into the validity of those beliefs...that's completely off topic...and not necessarily fruitful topic to discuss in an internet message board anyway. it was more of a "here's the perspective a lot of Christians are coming from" point. that's all.

We know most religious people are moderate. I really wish you'd check some of your people for God's sake.

• We know most religious people are moderate. I really wish you'd check some of your people for God's sake.

well, i do wish my evangelical brothers would take the resources they have at work in the political scene and just put them into being examples and loving and caring for the communities around them. if you want to stem abortions, quit trying to overturn roe v wade and just love on and care for the folks around you and those in need.

of course, i need to get better at this kind of thing myself. easy to say, hard to do.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Serioulsy. Neither. No way evar!!!

MY GIRL RIGHT HERE!!!

Oh. Hell. Yes.

Allison Stewart = hawtt (yes, "hot" with an "aw" and 2 Ts)

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

oh it definitely does. but those 'rapture fantasies' are tied to a sincere belief that the Jews are God's chosen nation of people, even if they reject him currently, by chrisitan standards. There is a sincere awe among many evangelicals for Jews because of this.

But in the rapture fantasies and some other scenarios by Christian fundamentalists, you need Jews for the second coming of Christ, but then when judgement day actually happens if the Jews don't convert to Christianity they are all going to burn in hell instead of going to heaven?

• thats all I was trying to say.

But in the rapture fantasies and some other scenarios by Christian fundamentalists, you need Jews for the second coming of Christ, but then when judgement day actually happens if the Jews don't convert to Christianity they are all going to burn in hell instead of going to heaven?

^^^^ I'm cool with this. ^^^^

I mean if the Rapture actually occurs then obviously the Christians were right so I'd convert. Or die. Either way, as long as they want to look out for me until then, I'm with it. But I can't get with the anti-abortion and prayer-in-school stuff.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Too bad all of the above will never occur.

• I'll vouch for you, Chad.

Some of my relatives believe in "Eternal Security," which is the belief that if, at one point in your life, you believed in Christ as your savior, you're good forever, no matter what you do afterwards. Perhaps you can make that claim.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Some of my relatives believe in "Eternal Security," which is the belief that if, at one point in your life, you believed in Christ as your savior, you're good forever, no matter what you do afterwards.

I've never heard of that doctrine before. Interesting, and incredibly similar to certain sects of Pure Land Buddhism.

• Yeah, I think it's a fucked up view of Christianity, personally.

• Too bad all of the above will never occur.

Thank you.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    And that many texas based and other evangelicals that may or may not endorse some of Ann Coulter's statements, are not anti-semites...much to the contrary they love and support the state of Israel.

I would point out that you can be Pro-Zionist and anti-Semitic at the same time.

We know most religious people are moderate. I really wish you'd check some of your people for God's sake.

well, i do wish my evangelical brothers[/b] would take the resources they have at work in the political scene and just put them into being examples and loving and caring for the communities around them. if you want to stem abortions, quit trying to overturn roe v wade and just love on and care for the folks around you and those in need.

of course, i need to get better at this kind of thing myself. easy to say, hard to do.

And what about your evangelical sisters? Like AC?

I admire your faith, and your savior's teachings. I have no beef with evangelicals as a whole.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    have no beef with evangelicals as a whole.
    You have no beef with evangelizing that people need to accept Jesus lest their souls be damned? I

have no beef with evangelicals as a whole.
    You have no beef with evangelizing that people need to accept Jesus lest their souls be damned? I

I lied. I hate evangelicals evangelizing me. I hate even more Evangelicals trying to make me move to Israel. I receive books in the mail explaining why I must more to Israel.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I wonder if I started a site called "Jewstrut" if people there would ever talk about records.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    And that many texas based and other evangelicals that may or may not endorse some of Ann Coulter's statements, are not anti-semites...much to the contrary they love and support the state of Israel.

I would point out that you can be Pro-Zionist and anti-Semitic at the same time.

& vice versa

& not to forget that many an evangelic theology looks for the DESTRUCTION of Israel
    to fulfill prophesy
    (& you can't destroy what does not exist)

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    ...She's semiattactive.

I've seen roadkill that looked much more sexually appealing than this shemale piece of shit.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    And what in hell is a Frickin' "megachurch"?

Sometimes I really wish the end of times would speed up a bit before mankind embarrasses itself to further, even more bizarre levels...

• And what in hell is a Frickin' "megachurch"?

Sometimes I really wish the end of times would speed up a bit before mankind embarrasses itself to further, even more bizarre levels...

well, they are enormous churches that hold thousands, sometimes have their own schools, shops, doctors on site and erect dumb shit like this:

this is located a couple blocks from where I grew up....

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    And what in hell is a Frickin' "megachurch"?

well, they are enormous churches that hold thousands, sometimes have their own schools, shops, doctors on site and erect dumb shit like this:

this is located a couple blocks from where I grew up....

I just did a google image search for "megachurch" and now have even fewer doubts that the bible belt is the real axis of evil...