I like common records. Isn't that embarrassing!

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    what 5000+ frequent posters asked me to come stir up the soulstrut pot.

oh boy. this again.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    what 5000+ frequent posters asked me to come stir up the soulstrut pot.

oh boy. this again.

obscure_addict has grown tired of attempting to impress us by talking about his imaginary records and is now back to discussing his imaginary friends.

• i buy all kinds of records as long as they sound great (for listening), but for sampling, im trying to keep shit as rare/obscure/non-heard-of as possible.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    i buy all kinds of records as long as they sound great (for listening), but for sampling, im trying to keep shit as rare/obscure/non-heard-of as possible.
    That's funny. I mostly listen to rare/obscure/non-heard of

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i buy all kinds of records as long as they sound great (for listening), but for sampling, im trying to keep shit as rare/obscure/non-heard-of as possible.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

HES TRYING TO BE FUNNY.
    DUURRRRRRRR!!
    I WONDER if the other 5 posts are as amazing?

• an unremitting cock

The James Trouble finishing school for girls or something?

Breakself is starting to become a fav. poster of mine.

• p.s. i've been meaning to ask whats the situation with you and oscar??

Do I even know you?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I'm sure there are some folks here that have bought from Ob_Ab on ebay, particularly the random rap set. He often has nice records for sale.

Do I even know you?

No, but I know him. Speak with him off and on from time to time. He mentioned your name once in an unflattering way. Just wanted to ask you exactly why from the other persons perspective.

bw

HAZ is right, I've sold over 3,000 records on ebay.. and furthermore to many of you guys on soulstrut...

Anyway Fake_4rill can sweat my nuts all he wants along with the rest of you five or six know-it-all-bitchs. I don't have to prove anything to any of you dirty whores on the internet.

We can still talk about my record collection which does exist and a handful of you are obviously deeply bitter and jealous about...

I**C**N figure out that name and you'll know who I really am.

p.s. even the great creator of soulstrut RAJ said it himself in a recent thread, granite countertop =

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's a second pic I just took this morning five minutes ago. For those who want to question that this is not even my kitchen eatadiccup.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I don't think there's anything embarrassing about liking common records.
    I like listening to Al Green or Curtis Mayfield. I also like listening to the Dirtbombs, Grinderman or The Gallon Drunk.

It's sad enough to limit your musical taste to narrow genres but to say "I only listen to rare records, fuck everything that's on a record that actually sold" is just as retarded as the attitude of "hey, I couldn't care less about all those rare, obscure records, I just listen to whatever I can pick up easily and for little money."

As a DJ however, I was always trying to play shit that noone else in town would have and see a challenge in making people come to my night and dance to shit they've never heard before. That's not only a lot of fun but also a good move businesswise because then you create a product that only you can supply.

Sad thing is that there are very few people who spin not-so-rare records but have very fine taste in selecting the good stuff while avoiding the corny, super obvious and overplayed tracks. Whenever I get to hear someone who can do this, it's at least as much fun as to listen to Keb Darge or Ian Wright.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    p.s. i've been meaning to ask whats the situation with you and oscar??

Do I even know you?

No, but I know him. Speak with him off and on from time to time. He mentioned your name once in an unflattering way. Just wanted to ask you exactly why from the other persons perspective.

bw

HAZ is right, I've sold over 3,000 records on ebay.. and furthermore to many of you guys on soulstrut...

Anyway Fake_4rill can sweat my nuts all he wants along with the rest of you five or six know-it-all-bitchs. I don't have to prove anything to any of you dirty whores on the internet.

We can still talk about my record collection which does exist and a handful of you are obviously deeply bitter and jealous about...

I**C**N figure out that name and you'll know who I really am.

p.s. even the great creator of soulstrut RAJ said it himself in a recent thread, granite countertop =

Here's a second pic I just took this morning five minutes ago. For those who want to question that this is not even my kitchen eatadiccup.

YOU KEEP YOUR REISSUES IN THE KITCHEN DAWG.....WASSUP???

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    LOL.....i gotz some heat in the kitchen too btw!!!

• Anyway Fake_4rill...

OMG! I can't stop laughing at this!

BTW: Electric range = not-at-all baller status.

Anyway Fake_4rill...

OMG! I can't stop laughing at this!

There's nothing funny about somebody real enough to reveal my essential fakeness finally doing so.

I feared this day would come.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    3,000 Lp's sold on ebay.......mind boggling.

Do I even know you?

it'd be really great if I knew either of you. classic.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Do I even know you?

What - you don't think a public forum is a good place to
    put the personal business of people you don't know on blast?

Do I even know you?

What - you don't think a public forum is a good place to
    put the personal business of people you don't know on blast?

Seriously. O_A's campaign to convince us that he is a MASSIVE DUDE (<-----much bigger than a big dude) is going further and further awry. I don't know if he can come back from this latest girlish gossipy indulgence.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm ready to confess... I was the one who begged obsKKKure_addiKKKt to start posting here. When I found out he had Danser's Inferno I knew he was the one true savior who could bring glory back to Soulstrut.

I'm ready to confess... I was the one who begged obsKKKure_addiKKKt to start posting here. When I found out he had Danser's Inferno I knew he was the one true savior who could bring glory back to Soulstrut.

Did you know about the granite countertop?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Did you know about the granite countertop?

No... but that his utter commitment to ballerness continues on into the kitchen is no surprise.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Can we assume that he's putting his best foot forward with those pics, or is that but one randomly grabbed handful of records from a warehouse of heat?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The real question is: what happened to Angie Lansbury's cheek?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Please do not miss this.

the great creator

• hmmm... i'd like to see some stats on this...

According to the Billboard album charts, Curtis' three most popular albums were:
    Superfly, 1972 - #1
    Back To The World, 1973 - #16
    Curtis, 1970 - #19

thanks for this- i was too lazy and/or busy to get off my ass and check it my damn self

but this begs the question: 'popularity' measured how- sales #s?

• I don't know what Scorpio records you're talking about but most of the ones I've heard are not terrible sound-wise.

dude some of them are really bad. some are OK, and you could say of all of them that they are better than nothing (if you can get over the shady business/exploitation that may be involved). but some of them sound like SHIT!!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I don't know what Scorpio records you're talking about but most of the ones I've heard are not terrible sound-wise.

dude some of them are really bad. some are OK, and you could say of all of them that they are better than nothing (if you can get over the shady business/exploitation that may be involved). but some of them sound like SHIT!!

I've DJed Scorpio reissues out on a couple of occasions, and was appalled by the lack of bass. They sound perfectly acceptable at home, but in the club you'll be riding the bass control like a horse, trying to get some bottom...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    trying to get some bottom...

• I've DJed Scorpio reissues out on a couple of occasions,

BAN