Who hurr is INTO 2Pac?

Comments

• How many different spellings do you have for Tupac in your itunes?

NONE. CUZ I HATE TUPAC.

Can't stand this overrated idiot's music. In the GOAT category, he's completely outclassed, outshined and overshadowed by Biggie. Surely, the west coast has produced more talented mc's than this clown.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Can't stand this overrated idiot's music. In the GOAT category, he's completely outclassed, outshined and overshadowed by Biggie. Surely, the west coast has produced more talented mc's than this clown.

yeah lets go for another ten pages.

• we should dig up the pac/big thread from last year and just quote that thread.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    we should dig up the pac/big thread from last year and just quote that thread.

We should take all of the people who can't stand to have a conversation about Pac without bringing up BIG, or for that matter can't stand to have a conversation about BIG without bringing up Pac, and drag them in the river.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

We should take all of the people who can't stand to have a conversation about Pac without bringing up BIG, or for that matter can't stand to have a conversation about BIG without bringing up Pac, and drag them in the river.

lol

• we should dig up the pac/big thread from last year and just quote that thread.

they just mad cuz when he came to the west he got smoked like a philly...

I know... Pac didn't even have to leave home to get killed.

please. you cant have a real convo about pac or big without bringing them both up. They defined each over and in turn made them these heros that you worship. Do you think Pac would still be so revered if lived and turned out like an LL Cool J or Ice Cube? His death and Bigs deaths were linked in death and in turn linked in music. just no way to take this out of the equation, and by doing so your disrespecting the magnitude of there influence on each over and hip hop as a whole.

its like talking about peanut butter without bringing up jelly.

hatter

• some of his posthumous records are solid

"Do For Love"

I thought you didn't like JAY DILLA, Faux?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

please. you cant have a real convo about pac or big without bringing them both up. They defined each over and in turn made them these heros that you worship. Do you think Pac would still be so revered if lived and turned out like an LL Cool J or Ice Cube? His death and Bigs deaths were linked in death and in turn linked in music. just no way to take this out of the equation, and by doing so your disrespecting the magnitude of there influence on each over and hip hop as a whole.

Couldn't disagree more, but I'll leave my response as both Pac and Biggie were "worshipped" well before they each died...and focusing on each of their music catalogs without getting bogged down with media-contrived parameters of West Coast vs. East Coast or whatever is definitely the most responsible way to analyze their true and lasting impacts.

they just mad cuz when he came to the west he got smoked like a philly...

you mean when PAC came to the West Coast from NY?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Couldn't disagree more, but I'll leave my response as both Pac and Biggie were "worshipped" well before they each died...and focusing on each of their music catalogs without getting bogged down with media-contrived parameters of West Coast vs. East Coast or whatever is definitely the most responsible way to analyze their true and lasting impacts.

Well... yes and no, really. In my opinion, these things I hold to be true:

- The legacy of both rappers, as ARTISTS, are important enough and stand independently on their own.

- The conflict between them, real OR media-contrived, is an important part of their independent stories.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Well... yes and no, really. In my opinion, these things I hold to be true:

- The legacy of both rappers, as ARTISTS, are important enough and stand independently on their own.

- The conflict between them, real OR media-contrived, is an important part of their independent stories.

And for the record, I think Pac was great, from the early shit through Makaveli. Most of the posthumous shit though doesn't really do it for me.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Its like dudes cant critique Magic Johnson w/out talmbout Larry Bird. They are not connected at the hip.
    STOP DOIN THAT.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Its like dudes cant critique Magic Johnson w/out talmbout Larry Bird. They are not connected at the hip.
    STOP DOIN THAT.

In my opinion, these things I hold to be true:

As time passes the "rivalry" loses it bite. IMO.

Seriously, How many years/songs deep was Pac before the public bought into the friction between the two?

• yeah but some of pacs big songs were created during the rivalry. When there is more then one song dedicated to another artist i.e. "hit em up" or "god bless the dead",
    then that artist becomes part of their discography and part of there story. (how many songs on this greatest hits mention BIG?)

It isnt like 50 dissing people outside of the music just for promotional tactics. These dudes grew up in New York together then pac left, came back, and got gunned down at bigs studio. It was on some real personal shit and influenced a lot of their work before the media took a hold of it. And that is what dude wanted. the beef was a big deal to him and he did all he could to capitalize on it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    These dudes grew up in New York together then pac left, came back, and got gunned down at bigs studio.

No, they didn't, and that wasn't "BIG's studio"--I don't think you know what you're talking about.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    These dudes grew up in New York together then pac left, came back, and got gunned down at bigs studio.

No, they didn't, and that wasn't "BIG's studio"--I don't think you know what you're talking about.

BIG grew up in Baltimore?

• oh here we go. The typo police.

okay
    -Tupac Amaru Shakur was born in the East Harlem section of Manhattan in New York City.
    -Moved to B-More
    -In his early career worked with BIG and had a friendly relationship with that camp
    -Was at a session, my bad, not BIGs personal studio with big where he was gunned down

sorry. anything else i need to correct/elaborate and get proof read by you?

It isnt like 50 dissing people outside of the music just for promotional tactics. These dudes grew up in New York together then pac left, came back, and got gunned down at bigs studio. It was on some real personal shit and influenced a lot of their work before the media took a hold of it. And that is what dude wanted. the beef was a big deal to him and he did all he could to capitalize on it.

But do YOU critique Pac's work through the lens of the Rivalry, despite his intent?

• actually no. i see them as separate entities and judge there works accordingly. I just happened to in my first post in this thread compare the two after i already said how i feel about pacs work singularly. that got harveys panties all tangled up so HAAAATTEEERRS TO THE LEFT!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    oh here we go. The typo police.

okay
    -Tupac Amaru Shakur was born in the East Harlem section of Manhattan in New York City.
    -Moved to B-More
    -In his early career worked with BIG and had a friendly relationship with that camp
    -Was at a session, my bad, not BIGs personal studio with big where he was gunned down

Those are not typos; they are errors of fact.

Since your entire argument is a fact-based one--based on your mistaken ideas about their common history--they pretty much render it worthless.

oh here we go. The typo police.

okay
    -Moved to B-More

Those are not typos; they are errors of fact.

Since your entire argument is a fact-based one--based on your mistaken ideas about their common history--they pretty much render it worthless.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Ding Ding! We have a winner. Can you sub out the whole bottom part and just put "Harvey"?

• (can I get a quick word in please chaps, while were talking 2Pac. Did 2Pacalypse Now get release on vinly when it was released? It???s just that I couldn???t get it on wax where I lived and had to settle for the tape. Just wondering did uninterested record shop dude tell a fib when he said ???no vinyl???.)

• ha! please be serious.

im just sick and tired of faux-lawyer cross examining every bodies posts on some meticulous steez.

gotta let us ignorant common folk get our swerve on....

• pac was a decent rapper and has a mess of tracks that are dope as hell, however if he didn't have a dope beat he suffered and really couldn't stand on his own as a rapper. Besides Dre and Snoop he definately benefitted the most from Dre's production which really solidified him as one of the GOATs to the masses.

I would take Big Daddy Kane, Biggie, BDP, PE over Pac any day, but thats not to say i don't enjoy some of his output (none of the posthumous stuff outide of Do For Love), I just don't think he is everything that the masses want him to be as far as being a martyr.

PS. whiteboys love 2Pac, most it may be the only rapper they know.

• I RIDE ON MY ENEMIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!